ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

descriptionFan Fic Recommendations Thread EmptyFan Fic Recommendations Thread

more_horiz
Got a fan fic you'd like to recommend? By all means post it here Smile I'll start

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4908882/1/Restoration

Synopsis:

Veidt's perfect world has begun to crumble, a need for heroes prompts a new generation of costumed adventurers, and suddenly, Rorschach realizes he isn't quite dead but sent into 2004, where Veidt's changes have effected everything. A full view of how the Watchmen world has changed with Adrian Veidt's plan.

Thoughts:

It's a well written fic. I thought Rorschach was in character and it didn't fall under the usual fan fic cliches. Also I like how the plan spawned a new generation of costumed heroes.

So yeah when recommending post a brief Synopsis of the plot surrounding the fic and your thoughts concerning it. It doesn't have to be lengthy.

descriptionFan Fic Recommendations Thread EmptyRe: Fan Fic Recommendations Thread

more_horiz
Breathless

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900666/1/Breathless

Synopsis: As Dave Lizewski begins to question his own place in the not-so-great world he has created, Red Mist takes his first step towards seizing control of the Genovese family. Meanwhile, Mindy Macready receives a package in the mail... with consequences for all involved, and a few that never thought they would be. In the world outside the pages of comic books, consequences emanate from every one of our decisions and actions. In the end, Red Mist understood that. So did we.

Thoughts: It's a more awesome version of Kick-Ass 2 with Red Mist being genuinely threatening without the need of a rape. He is a pretty badass villain in this fic.

descriptionFan Fic Recommendations Thread EmptyRe: Fan Fic Recommendations Thread

more_horiz
So, idk if you guys have ever done this, but as a pokemon player I've tried the Nuzlocke Challenge and it's pretty gripping stuff. Now, you're probably wondering "Froggy, what is the Nuzlocke Challenge?" and I will gladly tell you partner! The Nuzlocke Challenge has a few main rules, but a lot of fans put up variations. DA RULES ARE:

You must name EVERY pokemon you catch
You can only catch the first pokemon on every route
If a pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed/released into the wild. Some people add variations like if your starter faints/dies, you've wiped and it's game over, no leaving a gym until you've beaten EVERYONE in the gym, etc. I added the no leaving a gym/starter death rule to mine. A lot of people also log their runs in the form of written stories or comics. One of my favorites was Pettyartist's Leafgreen Nuzlocke, which was a pretty lighthearted ride, with some sad moments, especially near the end.

Written ones that I like are Heart of Crystal and Princess' Crystal Nuzlocke. Heart of Crystal is about someone playing through Soulsilver and has Teddy the Typhlosion with rage issues, while Princess' Crystal Nuzlocke has a parody of Whitney (the gym leader) as a pop singer and her Clefairy (Cle-FAIR-e) as her collaborator

if you guys want to find Pettyartist's stuff, it's on Deviantart, while the other two are on bulbagarden and Nuzlocke website

more_horiz

Attack of the 100 foot Mega Griffin
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3937534/1/Attack-of-the-100-Foot-Meg-Griffin

Meg gets giant sized and gets her revenge on the people of Quahog.
Thoughts: MEG SMASH!

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Attack of the 100 foot Mega Griffin
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3937534/1/Attack-of-the-100-Foot-Meg-Griffin

Meg gets giant sized and gets her revenge on the people of Quahog.
Thoughts: MEG SMASH!

Best part about this is the family is actually likable in this.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply