ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

The Dark Knight: Fear Itself

power_settings_newLogin to reply
2 posters

descriptionThe Dark Knight: Fear Itself - Page 2 EmptyRe: The Dark Knight: Fear Itself

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Barbara gave James a call.

Already arrived at the precinct Gordon answered his cellphone"Hello?"

At the precinct the majority of the GCPD officers look surprisingly well, despite that most of them have gotten pretty shitfaced last night. The only one who isn't all sunshine and rainbows is Bullock. Sitting at his desk with his face rested on his hands, going twelve rounds against a formidable opponent called Hangover.

In the labs Blake entered, seeing Nygma he asked."Got a minute?"

"Hey Jim, it's me. I was wondering, this...Batman, do you think it has anything to do with that crazy guy in the ski mask?"

Nygma was tapping his pen against an artist's rendering of the Batman. "In the British armed forces, a Batman is a soldier or airman assigned to a commissioned officer as a personal servant. Before the advent of motorized transport, an officer's batman was also in charge of the officer's "bat-horse" that carried the pack saddle with his officer's kit during a campaign...so could our vigilante be British? It shouldn't be ruled out but-" He was snapped out of his thoughts by Blake. "Oh, yes Blake, I'm free. What can I help you with?"

descriptionThe Dark Knight: Fear Itself - Page 2 EmptyRe: The Dark Knight: Fear Itself

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

At the precinct the majority of the GCPD officers look surprisingly well, despite that most of them have gotten pretty shitfaced last night. The only one who isn't all sunshine and rainbows is Bullock. Sitting at his desk with his face rested on his hands, going twelve rounds against a formidable opponent called Hangover.

"Hey Jim, it's me. I was wondering, this...Batman, do you think it has anything to do with that crazy guy in the ski mask?"

Nygma was tapping his pen against an artist's rendering of the Batman. "In the British armed forces, a Batman is a soldier or airman assigned to a commissioned officer as a personal servant. Before the advent of motorized transport, an officer's batman was also in charge of the officer's "bat-horse" that carried the pack saddle with his officer's kit during a campaign...so could our vigilante be British? It shouldn't be ruled out but-" He was snapped out of his thoughts by Blake. "Oh, yes Blake, I'm free. What can I help you with?"

"I've wondered about that myself, the only thing that prevented me from making a connection is how the both of them operate. Batman for instance was in and out like a ghost, leaving no trace to his whereabouts. The guy with the mask just went in there all half-cocked." The cop part of his brain kicks into high gear as he continued"There is another theory. Bruce just arrived in Gotham awhile ago, then all of a sudden this Batman shows up. Any other person would say coincidence"

Blake shook his head"Its nothing. Just,after everything that went down last night, I was wondering if you're holding up ok?"

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

"I've wondered about that myself, the only thing that prevented me from making a connection is how the both of them operate. Batman for instance was in and out like a ghost, leaving no trace to his whereabouts. The guy with the mask just went in there all half-cocked." The cop part of his brain kicks into high gear as he continued"There is another theory. Bruce just arrived in Gotham awhile ago, then all of a sudden this Batman shows up. Any other person would say coincidence"

Blake shook his head"Its nothing. Just,after everything that went down last night, I was wondering if you're holding up ok?"

"Rich boy huh? Well, he is your first suspect. Guess it couldn't hurt to question him. Just be careful Jimmy. Oh, and if you see Fish, punch her." Barbara joked.

"Well....seeing the dollified corpses of children...it can weigh on the soul. Fortunately, I had an angel at my side, my intellectual curiosity and my good friend caffeine. So, I made it out alright, thank you for asking."

more_horiz

more_horiz
Legato wrote:

"Feeling alright?" Flass asked him and handed him a cup of coffee.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"That depends, would you consider having your head being drilled by a jackhammer alright?"Bullock uttered

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"That depends, would you consider having your head being drilled by a jackhammer alright?"Bullock uttered

"Could always be worse. Could've been a bullet."

more_horiz
Well Bruce, if you have a plan to get out of this one, time to show your hand. Razz

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
"They aren't much to look at now but word on the street is they're rising in the ranks, sooner or later we will put those brats in place" Falcone spoke with Maroni concerning the topic of The Red Hoods. A gang that mostly consist of orphans who grew up in the streets of gotham. They started as a small gang of vigilantes but their numbers have started to gradually grow

"Ah The Hoods, their achievements haven't gone unnoticed. Unless they provide a good reason I say we halt waging a war with them."Maroni suggested

"More like a slaughter" Crane murmured as he overheard the conversation. Croc's attention shifted to the direction where Fish and the Bertinelli's are. Crane picked up on it"Something caught your eye"

"Beauty" Croc commented. Crane nods."Yes but not the sort to tangle with and not the time or place for it"

As the rest of the families have gathered the meeting will now be conducted.

The crimelords raised their drinks and sipped from them and set them down. Fish Mooney spoke next. "I agree that the Hoods aren't a threat. However, Wayne being back in town presents a wildcard. He has been out of Gotham for decades. We don't know him and we don't control him. I don't like it."

"This from the lady who brought Jerome to the city?" Maroni asked.

Fish held back a laugh. "Okay, I'll give you that one, but the fact remains that we don't know Wayne. We should look into it. If we can control him, great, if not, then we eliminate him."

"Huh. I'm familiar enough of him" Falcone commented then tells the group of his meeting with Wayne, which is before he pulled Gotham's biggest disappearing act.

"I'm curious" Frank spoke up"You had him at your mercy, why didn't you shoot him?"

"If you had gotten a look at the kid you'd see as well as I that killing him would be mercy." Falcone commented"Trust me Fish, he ain't no threat. Just another rich brat. However he could be a nice leverage against Dent and Dawes. Their attempts in bringing us down have been rather bold and their the only public officials that we haven't got under our thumb."

"If there is one thing this city doesn't need is Martyrs"Maroni says

"Agreed. Just a little 'persuasion'. Play ball or someone they care about will have a bad day" Falcone commented

"Speaking of public officials posing a threat. Our control upon the police haven't been as tight as it used to." Maria commented"The cops in the GCPD for instance, they're starting to be an imposing force. The big threat among them is Lieutenant Jim Gordon, they look up to him and because of that they aren't as influenced as the rest of the cops under our pay"

They had a good laugh over what happened to Wayne before continuing on. "Gordon huh? I had hoped Flass would be able to talk some sense into him. Well, fortunately, we have options available to us. We could always ask Loeb to re-assign him to Arkham. At which point, the good Doctor could...give him a psych evaluation."

"You are eeevil." Crane grinned.

"I am practical. But thank you."

Mandragora spoke up next. "It would be good to have leverage on him just in case. If we arrange for Barbara to go missing, that would send an effective message to both Jim and to Miss Montoya."

"Well I'm pretty sure Gabe could come up with something creative in that regard" Maroni says

"An excellent suggestion. I'll tell him to pay her a visit."

Alright, are we still at the Don Meeting or are we at the next day? Basketball

more_horiz
Actually the Don meeting is in the next day Smile

"There is one other factor we should look into, this Batman character." Maroni spoke up."There's something about him that doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure we've all heard of how he took down Dollmaker's operation"

"An act I find....commendable. Just one problem, he didn't finish the job." Frank sits back in his chair."Fortunately,I did"

In the hospital where Dollmaker, Doug, Patti were recovering the medical staff discovered that the patients have died in their sleep. There weren't any trace of foul play but Frank and Maria made sure it wouldn't be led to them. As far as the medical staff is concerned they died due to the injuries they've sustained.

The rest of the mooks who weren't injured were killed in jail by being paid off by the Bertinelli's. Some of them would gladly do it for free. They have families and they don't take kindly of Dollmaker and his subordinates actions.

"The children are off limits, no questions asked"Maria says in an icily tone

"I would have devoured them, well played anyways"Killer Croc smiled

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Actually the Don meeting is in the next day Smile

"There is one other factor we should look into, this Batman character." Maroni spoke up."There's something about him that doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure we've all heard of how he took down Dollmaker's operation"

"An act I find....commendable. Just one problem, he didn't finish the job." Frank sits back in his chair."Fortunately,I did"

In the hospital where Dollmaker, Doug, Patti were recovering the medical staff discovered that the patients have died in their sleep. There weren't any trace of foul play but Frank and Maria made sure it wouldn't be led to them. As far as the medical staff is concerned they died due to the injuries they've sustained.

The rest of the mooks who weren't injured were killed in jail by being paid off by the Bertinelli's. Some of them would gladly do it for free. They have families and they don't take kindly of Dollmaker and his subordinates actions.

"The children are off limits, no questions asked"Maria says in an icily tone

"I would have devoured them, well played anyways"Killer Croc smiled

"I'll make some calls. The meat will be deilvered to you by tonight." Fish assured Waylon with a smile. "Well played Frank, I am impressed." The dons raised their drinks in agreement. "The vigilante not killing them is indeed nonsensical, especially for this city. If he's going to go through all of that trouble, why not just kill them? Do you think it's possible that he had lost children of his own to the Dollmaker?"

Scissors scratched the back of her head. (So he didn't kill them...that's just...that's wrong. Is this Bat guy even from Gotham?)

more_horiz
Authors Note:

In regards to the Bruce/Talia relationship and where they are during the recent flashback I'd say they have formed a more comrade like bond. I cant say they're friends as, given the kind of woman Talia is, it would take awhile for that kind of relationship to develop but there is a bond between them.

As far as what drew Talia to Bruce in the first place go? That will be established in future flashbacks.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Authors Note:

In regards to the Bruce/Talia relationship and where they are during the recent flashback I'd say they have formed a more comrade like bond. I cant say they're friends as, given the kind of woman Talia is, it would take awhile for that kind of relationship to develop but there is a bond between them.

As far as what drew Talia to Bruce in the first place go? That will be established in future flashbacks.

On that note,

Laughing cheers

more_horiz
The Dark Knight: Fear Itself - Page 2 Riddle_time_destiny_episode_6_https_wwwyoutubeco

Wink Laughing Razz

more_horiz
The Temple

Bruce is no stranger to fights, as a kid he'd get in his share. Mainly by overprivilaged snobs who'd love nothing more than to rub the deaths of his parents in his face. Thats the hot button nobody should dare push. But bullies are nothing to him.

Thanks to learning a few things from Alfred he has fought off his share of bullies, yet like the cowards they are they'd return in groups. Sometimes he has to fight them off by himself. Then other times Harvey would have his back.

This fight however is a whole different situation. This isn't a bunch of preppy punks for starters. And he is fighting for a different cause that goes beyond just his parents. They gave him the drive he needed but ever since his time with the League of Assassins he has found a new motivation.

He could feel his tooth being knocked out. Every part of his body ache. He lost count how long him and Talia have been fighting the other students. To them it felt like an eternity. Blood ran down his mouth, the left side of his jaw is swollen. His face is covered in blood. He had to blink his eyes so that he could see.

Talia looked just as bad. But nowhere less deadly. She'd fight for an eternity if she has to. There is red marks on her knuckles. Bruce's is a little bruised up too. What is keeping them going? The sight of the elite students falling before them for one. Each elite student that fell just gives them more motivation to keep going.

Bruce and Talia, fighting side by side, back to back. Durant wasn't kidding, they do make a good team.

He doesn't have to know what is driving Talia, he knows. He knows the price that would befall her if she looses. Its almost the same as his. He's not going to let anyone break him down, he will keep on fighting. And he wont let anyone break Talia either. Nobody mess with his friends.

As the fight draws on it was like he's a different person. Not the rich billionare who happens to be a student of the League of Assassins. No. Seeing Talia give it her all and thinking back to the civilians of gotham. The ones who isn't corrupted by the city. They're having their own personal battle.

When he sees the elite students, he doesn't see them. He sees Falcone, he sees every thug and two bit criminal who wants to break and destroy everything Gotham stood for. His expression went cold, I'm talking about ice cold. Him and Talia continues to fight the students, fighting through the pain, sacrificing every inch of themselves.

The students looking on could see this shift in expression to both of them. They see why Talia is The Daughter of The Demon but this new student. They noticed something different about him. Because of this. It makes them hesitant in even fighting them.

Bruce and Talia, bruised, bloodied, and no doubt suffering from a few internal injuries and broken bones. Stands tall and ready to continue the fight. There is one problem, which Lady Shiva observed. As Bruce and Talia stares down the remaining students, with a blank and expressionless face. She took note of an expression amongst her students.....Fear.

Lady Shiva looks at Bruce and Talia, giving them a nod of approval. With relief, the duo collapsed to the ground.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
The Temple

Bruce is no stranger to fights, as a kid he'd get in his share. Mainly by overprivilaged snobs who'd love nothing more than to rub the deaths of his parents in his face. Thats the hot button nobody should dare push. But bullies are nothing to him.

Thanks to learning a few things from Alfred he has fought off his share of bullies, yet like the cowards they are they'd return in groups. Sometimes he has to fight them off by himself. Then other times Harvey would have his back.

This fight however is a whole different situation. This isn't a bunch of preppy punks for starters. And he is fighting for a different cause that goes beyond just his parents. They gave him the drive he needed but ever since his time with the League of Assassins he has found a new motivation.

He could feel his tooth being knocked out. Every part of his body ache. He lost count how long him and Talia have been fighting the other students. To them it felt like an eternity. Blood ran down his mouth, the left side of his jaw is swollen. His face is covered in blood. He had to blink his eyes so that he could see.

Talia looked just as bad. But nowhere less deadly. She'd fight for an eternity if she has to. There is red marks on her knuckles. Bruce's is a little bruised up too. What is keeping them going? The sight of the elite students falling before them for one. Each elite student that fell just gives them more motivation to keep going.

Bruce and Talia, fighting side by side, back to back. Durant wasn't kidding, they do make a good team.

He doesn't have to know what is driving Talia, he knows. He knows the price that would befall her if she looses. Its almost the same as his. He's not going to let anyone break him down, he will keep on fighting. And he wont let anyone break Talia either. Nobody mess with his friends.

As the fight draws on it was like he's a different person. Not the rich billionare who happens to be a student of the League of Assassins. No. Seeing Talia give it her all and thinking back to the civilians of gotham. The ones who isn't corrupted by the city. They're having their own personal battle.

When he sees the elite students, he doesn't see them. He sees Falcone, he sees every thug and two bit criminal who wants to break and destroy everything Gotham stood for. His expression went cold, I'm talking about ice cold. Him and Talia continues to fight the students, fighting through the pain, sacrificing every inch of themselves.

The students looking on could see this shift in expression to both of them. They see why Talia is The Daughter of The Demon but this new student. They noticed something different about him. Because of this. It makes them hesitant in even fighting them.

Bruce and Talia, bruised, bloodied, and no doubt suffering from a few internal injuries and broken bones. Stands tall and ready to continue the fight. There is one problem, which Lady Shiva observed. As Bruce and Talia stares down the remaining students, with a blank and expressionless face. She took note of an expression amongst her students.....Fear.

Lady Shiva looks at Bruce and Talia, giving them a nod of approval. With relief, the duo collapsed to the ground.

Lady Shiva applauded their efforts. They had exceeded her expectations and had the potential to take their place among her greatest students. Speaking of whom, Shiva studied their expressions. That they could fear somebody other than her was a surprise. She would have to work on that. For now however, the two deserved to be saved. Potential like theirs shouldn't be wasted. Shiva snapped her fingers. "Thanaa Karim, Sireen Akram. Retrieve them from the pit and take them to be treated. Leave the weak in the pit. If they can pull themselves out, they may join them."

more_horiz
The Dent & Daws Lawfirm. Bruce remembered it used to be just a one level building that both Harvey and Rachel started. Now its at the peak of a corporate high rise. Their secretary Holly Robinson looked up"M-Mr.Wayne!" Her face flushed."Here to see Mr.Dent and Ms.Dawes?"

"That I am" Bruce smiled."How are you today,Ms.Robinson?"

"Cant complain,Mr.Wayne." She paged them."They're waiting for you"

The GCPD

"First off I just want to say congratulations in your contribution on last nights case, I don't think this could have been pulled off without your help. Speaking of last night's case...it took a toll on us. But if there is any silver lining its that the rest of the children were saved and lets look at the events of last night as a reminder of why we should never give up in protecting the civilians from lunatics like that and the criminal element that spawns them"

"And to add to the good news, I just got a call from Mayor Morgan Edge, he offered congratulations in bringing Dollmaker's operation down"

Gordon speaks to the GCPD, Blake spoke up to address another element in the case"Whatabout this Batman character?"

"Normally this kind of situation would be kept from the press. Unfortunately word travels fast here. Lets remember that this Batman isn't a hero. He's just a vigilante who believes he's above the law. Nothing more"

Bullock looked at Gordon."Why do I get the feeling there is some bad news that is about to be delivered?"

Gordon clears his throat."In light of last nights events the Mayor and the D.A wishes to appoint a psychiatrist to evaluate the department"

Bullock threw his hands up."And there it is. I was wondering how long it will take them to deem us as unhinged as the rest of the freaks"

Gordon shook his head and respond in a calm tone."Just counseling to help us deal with the events Bullock"

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
The Dent & Daws Lawfirm. Bruce remembered it used to be just a one level building that both Harvey and Rachel started. Now its at the peak of a corporate high rise. Their secretary Holly Robinson looked up"M-Mr.Wayne!" Her face flushed."Here to see Mr.Dent and Ms.Dawes?"

"That I am" Bruce smiled."How are you today,Ms.Robinson?"

"Cant complain,Mr.Wayne." She paged them."They're waiting for you"

The GCPD

"First off I just want to say congratulations in your contribution on last nights case, I don't think this could have been pulled off without your help. Speaking of last night's case...it took a toll on us. But if there is any silver lining its that the rest of the children were saved and lets look at the events of last night as a reminder of why we should never give up in protecting the civilians from lunatics like that and the criminal element that spawns them"

"And to add to the good news, I just got a call from Mayor Morgan Edge, he offered congratulations in bringing Dollmaker's operation down"

Gordon speaks to the GCPD, Blake spoke up to address another element in the case"Whatabout this Batman character?"

"Normally this kind of situation would be kept from the press. Unfortunately word travels fast here. Lets remember that this Batman isn't a hero. He's just a vigilante who believes he's above the law. Nothing more"

Bullock looked at Gordon."Why do I get the feeling there is some bad news that is about to be delivered?"

Gordon clears his throat."In light of last nights events the Mayor and the D.A wishes to appoint a psychiatrist to evaluate the department"

Bullock threw his hands up."And there it is. I was wondering how long it will take them to deem us as unhinged as the rest of the freaks"

Gordon shook his head and respond in a calm tone."Just counseling to help us deal with the events Bullock"

"Yeah, isn't that what Marks was doing?" Flass commented bitterly.
http://comicsalliance.com/gotham-season-1-recap-episode-6-spirit-of-the-goat/

Great to have Holly here. A way more flattering portrayal than her prostitute origin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly_Robinson_%28comics%29

"Okay, so, he saved the children. That's great. It's amazing. He didn't kill the lunatics either. That's fine. But, we have to ask why. I think he was trying to send a message to the other criminal scum in the city." Harvey chatted with Rachel.

more_horiz
OT: Yeah given how dated that portrayal was I thought, she deserved better.

IC: "Speaking of the children" Bruce announced."I suppose its not too late to offer a proposal"

"Always know when to make an entrance" Rachel smiled

"I assumed that too but he's assigned in counseling the children. Dr.Harleen Quinzel is the one that will be doing the counseling"

"Who?"Bullock asked

"Marks's protege and psychiatric prodigy, least thats what Marks described"Gordon noted."All I can say on the matter is don't be hard on her"

"Why are you looking at me?"Bullock asked

"Cause out of the rest here you'd be the most difficult"Gordon noted

"Guilty as charged"Bullock nods

"Don't worry Lieutenant. While we aren't completely onboard with the evaluation we know she's just doing her job so we'll humor her" Montoya commented

"Appreciated Montoya"Gordon says

more_horiz
Legato wrote:

IC: "Speaking of the children" Bruce announced."I suppose its not too late to offer a proposal"

"I assumed that too but he's assigned in counseling the children. Dr.Harleen Quinzel is the one that will be doing the counseling"

"Who?"Bullock asked

"Marks's protege and psychiatric prodigy, least thats what Marks described"Gordon noted."All I can say on the matter is don't be hard on her"

"Don't worry Lieutenant. While we aren't completely onboard with the evaluation we know she's just doing her job so we'll humor her" Montoya commented

"Bruce! My Man!" He and Harvey shook hands. "Let me guess...Wayne Orphanage?"

(Psychoanalyzed by a Harlequin....alright, I've got a brain teaser for this one all ready to go.) Nygma smiled. "I'm guessing Miss Quinzel is right out of the university? Why come to Gotham?"

more_horiz
The Dark Knight: Fear Itself - Page 2 Coke

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"Who?"Bullock asked

(Psychoanalyzed by a Harlequin....alright, I've got a brain teaser for this one all ready to go.) Nygma smiled. "I'm guessing Miss Quinzel is right out of the university? Why come to Gotham?"

"From the files she grew up in the upper part of Gotham but moved away when she was a teenager. As to why she came back? Probably she wants to make a difference" Gordon explained

Bullock looked back at Nygma."Since you're eager howabout you be the first to volunteer. You always talked about wanting to represent anyways"

"Correct" Bruce showed Harvey and Rachelle the files."After last night I've done some homework some of the children hardley have a home to go to. The best way to improve Gotham is by showing the children that we care about their future and to keep them out of the hands of the criminal element"

Rachel examines the files, Bruce did put alot of thought and effort into it. "This looks promising" she says to Harvey

more_horiz
Oh man. Harley has no idea what she's in for the moment she steps foot in the GCPD Laughing

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"Who?"Bullock asked

"From the files she grew up in the upper part of Gotham but moved away when she was a teenager. As to why she came back? Probably she wants to make a difference" Gordon explained

Bullock looked back at Nygma."Since you're eager howabout you be the first to volunteer. You always talked about wanting to represent anyways"

"Correct" Bruce showed Harvey and Rachelle the files."After last night I've done some homework some of the children hardley have a home to go to. The best way to improve Gotham is by showing the children that we care about their future and to keep them out of the hands of the criminal element"

Rachel examines the files, Bruce did put alot of thought and effort into it. "This looks promising" she says to Harvey
Cool

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"Who?"Bullock asked

"I would be honored." Nygma smiled. In fact, he already had a riddle test in mind for Miss Quinzel.

"Oh this is amazing Bruce...we'll just have to make sure those mafia sickos stay away from it."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply