ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

NuCAU: The Halworth Institute

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionNuCAU: The Halworth Institute EmptyNuCAU: The Halworth Institute

more_horiz
Penelope was hanging out in the lounge just watching TV when Adrian zoomed in.

descriptionNuCAU: The Halworth Institute EmptyRe: NuCAU: The Halworth Institute

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
OT: Adrian was a bad guy already but I like where you're going with this so RETCON cannon

"Newgirlright?knowhow#)#operatesaroundhere?" he'd ask her, his form vibrating at superspeed

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
OT: Adrian was a bad guy already but I like where you're going with this so RETCON cannon

"Newgirlright?knowhow#)#operatesaroundhere?" he'd ask her, his form vibrating at superspeed

" Question Uhh...sorry dude didn't catch all that."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

He sighed, then slowed down before speaking again. "New GIIIIRL, RIIIIGHT? DO YOU KNOW HOW THINGS OPERATE AROUND HEEEREEE?" Adrian asked, slowly sounding out each word, as if Penelope was slow in more ways than one

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

He sighed, then slowed down before speaking again. "New GIIIIRL, RIIIIGHT? DO YOU KNOW HOW THINGS OPERATE AROUND HEEEREEE?" Adrian asked, slowly sounding out each word, as if Penelope was slow in more ways than one

"Real mature dude. As for how things work, Doctor Halworth is in charge, Ash is team leader and Ophelia's the cook right?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Real mature dude. As for how things work, Doctor Halworth is in charge, Ash is team leader and Ophelia's the cook right?"
"Yeah yeah yeah but the real power structure has my sister Magdalene and I on top. Sure, Ash MAY be the "team leader" but as Halworth's son, I'm next in line for everything in the Institute. I'm practically superhuman royalty, so it would behoove you to stay on my good side" he'd tell her, zipping right in front of Penelope with the remote in his hand

A few seconds before it was on the table near the couch.

"Ignore my brother, he's rather full of himself if you didn't notice" she'd hear someone say from the top ofthe stairs, floating down. "I'm Magdalene but most people call me Maggie. You're Penelope right?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Yeah yeah yeah but the real power structure has my sister Magdalene and I on top. Sure, Ash MAY be the "team leader" but as Halworth's son, I'm next in line for everything in the Institute. I'm practically superhuman royalty, so it would behoove you to stay on my good side" he'd tell her, zipping right in front of Penelope with the remote in his hand

A few seconds before it was on the table near the couch.

"Ignore my brother, he's rather full of himself if you didn't notice" she'd hear someone say from the top ofthe stairs, floating down. "I'm Magdalene but most people call me Maggie. You're Penelope right?"

"Oh...yeah, hi. I'm the new kid." She stood up and flew over to Magdalene and held out her hand.

more_horiz
As Magdalene shook Penelope's hand, she looked over the new arrival, as if she was trying to find something. "Father did say you had the power of mimicry, which I've never seen before. It's rather impressive" Maggie would say before floating down the stairs with Penelope. "I see you've met my uh.....dear brother and a few others, how are you liking it here?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
As Magdalene shook Penelope's hand, she looked over the new arrival, as if she was trying to find something. "Father did say you had the power of mimicry, which I've never seen before. It's rather impressive" Maggie would say before floating down the stairs with Penelope. "I see you've met my uh.....dear brother and a few others, how are you liking it here?"

"Well it's not technically mimicry so much as...stealing the powers. I take them." Penelope said. "And yeah, I am loving it. Waaaay cooler then my old school. And Adrian's not even the cockiest speedster I've met, so no worries there."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Well it's not technically mimicry so much as...stealing the powers. I take them." Penelope said. "And yeah, I am loving it. Waaaay cooler then my old school. And Adrian's not even the cockiest speedster I've met, so no worries there."
Maggie's face took on a look of intrigue at what Penelope said. "Not even the cockiest? Man, never thought I'd hear THAT concerning my brother" she would say, pulling over the remote with her magnetic abilities. "Yeah I think you'll like it here, our father's institute is a pretty great idea. Teach you how to use your abilities, give you an education in whatever field you'd like, send you off to college, and then have you assimilate into the world or become a superhero, what do you want to do?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Maggie's face took on a look of intrigue at what Penelope said. "Not even the cockiest? Man, never thought I'd hear THAT concerning my brother" she would say, pulling over the remote with her magnetic abilities. "Yeah I think you'll like it here, our father's institute is a pretty great idea. Teach you how to use your abilities, give you an education in whatever field you'd like, send you off to college, and then have you assimilate into the world or become a superhero, what do you want to do?"

"That's pretty much it." Penelope said. "And I think I'll do both. Assimilate and become a superhero." She looked at the remote as they sat down on the couch. "So is your power telekinesis?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"That's pretty much it." Penelope said. "And I think I'll do both. Assimilate and become a superhero." She looked at the remote as they sat down on the couch. "So is your power telekinesis?"
"Close but no cigar, my power is magnetism" Maggie said, pointing at the kitchen and creating a halo made of forks around her head. "I discovered my powers when I turned 10, and kind of screwed up my birthday party by deconstructing the slide my father made" she said

"Yeah, you totally freaked him out cause YOU got freaked out" Adrian added as he zipped over, then left the living room

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Close but no cigar, my power is magnetism" Maggie said, pointing at the kitchen and creating a halo made of forks around her head. "I discovered my powers when I turned 10, and kind of screwed up my birthday party by deconstructing the slide my father made" she said

"Yeah, you totally freaked him out cause YOU got freaked out" Adrian added as he zipped over, then left the living room

"Pleasant isn't he?" Penelope shook her head. "So, anyway, magnetism huh? That's pretty cool."

more_horiz
"Yes it is very cool but it also allows me to feel things, like the Earth itself. The magnetic field of this planet is something I'm always in tune with, but I've taken years to make sure that I control it and my body, not the other way around. I am not a puppet or an instrument, it is a tool for MY use" she'd say, her hands outstretched in midair

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
"Yes it is very cool but it also allows me to feel things, like the Earth itself. The magnetic field of this planet is something I'm always in tune with, but I've taken years to make sure that I control it and my body, not the other way around. I am not a puppet or an instrument, it is a tool for MY use" she'd say, her hands outstretched in midair

"That is awesome. You beat up any supervillains with it?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"One, he called himself Antaeus, a rock-man of sorts.Shattered him into pieces and my father gave the parts to seven different people to keep him from reassembling. You've met my brother and Ophelia I see, who else have you met? Prof Dino? Marnie? Lang? "

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"One, he called himself Antaeus, a rock-man of sorts.Shattered him into pieces and my father gave the parts to seven different people to keep him from reassembling. You've met my brother and Ophelia I see, who else have you met? Prof Dino? Marnie? Lang? "

(Wow.....I hope he's not sentient when seperated....that would be some kind of hell.) "Uhh...I met Dino and Lang, their nice. I don't think I've gotten the chance to meet Marnie. Oh and I met Ash, he's cool."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

(Wow.....I hope he's not sentient when seperated....that would be some kind of hell.) "Uhh...I met Dino and Lang, their nice. I don't think I've gotten the chance to meet Marnie. Oh and I met Ash, he's cool."
Magdalene nodded and floated down the stairs. "Marnie should be in the lab and yes Ash is rather cool, funny choice of words considering his abilities, though I don't know how much he'd appreciate me talking about that...change of subject" Magdalene says gliding ahead of Penelope toward the dorms. "These are the dorms where our students stay, and out this window..." Magdalene says, pulling the curtain away so Penelope could see the yard. It was the size of two football fields, grass everywhere with a football field, track and tennis court all around them.

"The yard is where most of the kids are, and some of the more interesting students. My father likes to take in people from all walks of life...upper class, low-class, middle class, people wanting shots at redemption, children scared and without a home, people wanting to be heroes, and some just wanting to be normal. Where do you fit in?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Magdalene nodded and floated down the stairs. "Marnie should be in the lab and yes Ash is rather cool, funny choice of words considering his abilities, though I don't know how much he'd appreciate me talking about that...change of subject" Magdalene says gliding ahead of Penelope toward the dorms. "These are the dorms where our students stay, and out this window..." Magdalene says, pulling the curtain away so Penelope could see the yard. It was the size of two football fields, grass everywhere with a football field, track and tennis court all around them.

"The yard is where most of the kids are, and some of the more interesting students. My father likes to take in people from all walks of life...upper class, low-class, middle class, people wanting shots at redemption, children scared and without a home, people wanting to be heroes, and some just wanting to be normal. Where do you fit in?"

"In awe, without a home and wanting to be a hero." Penelope summed up. She looked out the window, enjoying the sun shining through the glass and hearing the birds sing and watching the students play around outside. "But you know something? I may have to take back that second part. This place is....perfect Just...perfect. I'm home."

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
While the two were talking, a young man walked into the room.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/4/5/454228859ca1ad21c3debc32720bc6c7-d5i722m.jpg
"Yo!" Zack Tempus said as he turned off the Chrono Watch.

Penelope turned to him. "Hi!"

"Hey, new kid right?"

"Yeah, I'm Penelope."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Zack Tempus."

"Tempus? Like.....time?"

"Exactly. It is in fact Latin for Time."

"So you're a time manipulator then?"

"Yeah, but not with powers...with this." He smiled and showed off his watch.

"?"

Zack smiled. "Just watch. You'll love this." He said and pressed a button and stopped time. He then walked down to the kitchen, opened the refrigerator, got himself a soda and two apples and brought them up, putting an apple in each of their hands and opening up the soda and then pressing the button again, allowing time to start up again. "Ta-Da!"

Penelope first noticed the soda suddenly in his hand and then spotted the apple she had now. "How did you?"

Zack laughed. "It's all in the watch. I can slow down and stop time with it."

more_horiz
"Zack here is a genius, as you've obviously noticed. I said it before, our father brings in kids from ALL walks of life. My father appreciates all talents, whether they be human or superhuman, and Zack has become quite an asset. He came into my father's notice when Mr. Tempus father announced to everyone how his son had found a way to control time. Naturally, this interested father dearest and he went to see for himself. Once Zach showed him the watch and how it worked, he talked to Mr. Tempus and then a few weeks later, Zack moved in here. He's devoted a lot of time to his work...on time. OH dear, I have made a pun" Magdalene said, a bit surprised at her actions

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
"Zack here is a genius, as you've obviously noticed. I said it before, our father brings in kids from ALL walks of life. My father appreciates all talents, whether they be human or superhuman, and Zack has become quite an asset. He came into my father's notice when Mr. Tempus father announced to everyone how his son had found a way to control time. Naturally, this interested father dearest and he went to see for himself. Once Zach showed him the watch and how it worked, he talked to Mr. Tempus and then a few weeks later, Zack moved in here. He's devoted a lot of time to his work...on time. OH dear, I have made a pun" Magdalene said, a bit surprised at her actions

"See, there you go Maggy." Zack laughed.

"That is absolutely incredible." Penelope said, in awe of his amazing watch.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Yes, it is quite something else, though I am sure my brother did not find it funny when Zack removed his chair and caused him to fall on his overpirvileged butt. She still ahsn't met Menagerie or the others Zack, want to come with me as I show her the tour?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Yes, it is quite something else, though I am sure my brother did not find it funny when Zack removed his chair and caused him to fall on his overpirvileged butt. She still ahsn't met Menagerie or the others Zack, want to come with me as I show her the tour?"

"Sure, more the merrier." Zack said.

"Great! Let's go."

more_horiz
As they went into the backyard, they'd see a young man tossing old cd's while another shouts "PULL!" and shoots a strange gray blast of energy, and a group of identical triplets laughing as a boy shifts his face from that of a dog to an alligator

"Th etwo boys playing duck hunt are Rev and Zero, with the Triad and Menagerie to the other side" Magdalene says

Penelpe woul dsee the shapeshifter' grow three animal heads before returning to normal, while Zero's gray energy glowed aorund his hands

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply