ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+2
Froggy
Legato
6 posters

descriptionThe New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 EmptyRe: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Sorry guys but I've seen worse than angels with six wings or whatever. The way I look at it the scariest angel is the one that doesn't look like what they're actually described but more like just a regular human. To me an angel that appears as something that puts you in your comfort zone is more scary

Hey, to each their own.

That said, the video I posted? That's the Archangel of the Fear Mythos.
Long story short, it IS the Afterlife.
And it's still not as creepy as Slendy.

descriptionThe New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 EmptyRe: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread

more_horiz
Also, in Supernatural, correct me if I'm wrong, but the angels posses human hosts right? IIRC, they have to hide their true forms and such lest they break your mind.

Kind of like Zeus.

Wait...

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Also, in Supernatural, correct me if I'm wrong, but the angels posses human hosts right? IIRC, they have to hide their true forms and such lest they break your mind.

Kind of like Zeus.

Wait...

Hehehe, Lovecraftian Entities anyone?

As for me: Anything that appears as a "Comfort zone" does not scary me. it is the universal "TRUTH BEHIND THE MASK" that I find creepy/scary.

more_horiz
As for something that I do not find scary?

Zombies.
Zombies are not scary.
They are slow moving shambling drooling corpses and yet in every dang zombie apocalypse, the military just magically vanishes and everyone becomes complete idiots. Yes, I know it's horror, but still. Zombies aren't super strong, they are slow rotting corpses that you should be able to smell coming a mile away...and yet in ever series, they only kill people by teleporting out of nowhere (Walking Dead) or people being idiots (Walking Dead and others.)
Now, they've tried making them bigger and better with the running rage zombies or the ganado people from RE4, but well...
Running Zombies: 28 Weeks Later. That is all.
Ganados: Leon S. Kennedy. Now, give them chainsaws.....

And in case you're wondering about Jason Voorhees...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZXtH7xVqho
^He doesn't count. He has superpowers.

more_horiz
Chou Blaster wrote:
Admin wrote:

Kind of like Zeus.

Wait...

Hehehe, Lovecraftian Entities anyone?

As for me: Anything that appears as a "Comfort zone" does not scary me. it is the universal "TRUTH BEHIND THE MASK" that I find creepy/scary.

Not to me. I'd know whats coming.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
As for something that I do not find scary?

Zombies.
Zombies are not scary.
They are slow moving shambling drooling corpses and yet in every dang zombie apocalypse, the military just magically vanishes and everyone becomes complete idiots. Yes, I know it's horror, but still. Zombies aren't super strong, they are slow rotting corpses that you should be able to smell coming a mile away...and yet in ever series, they only kill people by teleporting out of nowhere (Walking Dead) or people being idiots (Walking Dead and others.)
Now, they've tried making them bigger and better with the running rage zombies or the ganado people from RE4, but well...
Running Zombies: 28 Weeks Later. That is all.
Ganados: Leon S. Kennedy. Now, give them chainsaws.....

And in case you're wondering about Jason Voorhees...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZXtH7xVqho
^He doesn't count. He has superpowers.

That is why I liked Shaun of The Dead. They handled it the smart way. Comedy aside of course.

To me. Eight faced six winged angels. They're like the equivalent of those monsters from the old school giant monster movies. Sure they're nice to look at but they don't give me any sleepless nights. It may be because I've seen every monster movie and read every supernatural story there is and I've been desensitized of it but I just don't find what makes it so obvious looking scary. Lets put it to example. Norman Bates vs Hannibal Lecter. Now before the obvious reveal Norman Bates was just a regular, if quirky, guy that nobody would suspect would kill a person. Hannibal Lecter, as Nostalgia Critic put it, looked like someone that came off of a Bond movie. Was Hannibal amazing? Yes. Was he creepy? No. Also what made the ending of Psycho more memorable was the hidden message was that if a regular guy like Norman Bates is capable of killing someone then what does that say about the rest of humanity? That kind of hidden message is what makes Hitchcock's work so legendary.

more_horiz
I had a friend who watch Zombie movies and running zombies first appear in Return of the living dead . now what makes Return of the Living dead 1 and 2 zombies different is that they keep all the intelligent as they had in their previous lives. they were fast, head shots do not kill them and not short short of incineration or electrocution with extreme high voltage ( second movie ) would destroyed them. in the first movie the the military had nuke the city the zombies were in just to get rid of them.

Return of the Living Dead zombies = smart, fast , nearly indestructible zombies.

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
I had a friend who watch Zombie movies and running zombies first appear in Return of the living dead . now what makes Return of the Living dead 1 and 2 zombies different is that they keep all the intelligent as they had in their previous lives. they were fast, head shots do not kill them and not short short of incineration or electrocution with extreme high voltage ( second movie ) would destroyed them. in the first movie the the military had nuke the city the zombies were in just to get rid of them.

Return of the Living Dead zombies = smart, fast , nearly indestructible zombies.

The worst ones are in Brian Keane's work.

They were zombie humans AND animals. And the only way not to be a zombie was dying of brain injury.

AND the source? Demonic possession. YES, Demonic possession. Demons who take over the dead and with their smarts. Well, that series only had two books in the storyline, because in the end all humans and *Animals* minus bugs were DEAD.

And they were SMART. They USE GUNS.

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
I had a friend who watch Zombie movies and running zombies first appear in Return of the living dead . now what makes Return of the Living dead 1 and 2 zombies different is that they keep all the intelligent as they had in their previous lives. they were fast, head shots do not kill them and not short short of incineration or electrocution with extreme high voltage ( second movie ) would destroyed them.

The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 2jg11fk
Did somebody say....incineration?

more_horiz
yes incineration, but to be fair the first two Return of the living dead movies were horror comedies. and incineration is the worst possible way to kill them cause it would just send more toxin into the air that would inturn make more zombies. the movies after the first two went down hill and made the zombies weaker. and this gas spreading was the only way a person could turn into a zombie and they had to be dead the toxin didn't infected the living.

so if a person were to incinerated these zombies they should make sure their doing it in a seal air tight room were gas can't escaped in to the atmosphere.

more_horiz
The Blur
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 E5pxjm
Powers: Super speed.

'Trenchcoat Man'
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Fwiulw
Powers: Magnetism

Enemies of Fastlane and Thunder-Flash respectively.

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:

Send....More....Cops lol!

more_horiz
"Glory To NEMESIS"

Name: June
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Jgo6k9
Power: Teleportation
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9V_1j8MNos
Bio: Coming Soon.
Affiliation: NEMESIS.

more_horiz
NuCarmilla
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Blood-10
NuCAU Premise: Long ago there was an ancient vampire that almost brought destruction to the world but was defeated and while it's original body perished it's spirit still lived on. The vampire is now reincarnated into the body of a human girl named Laura Quin whom later discovered she has vampire abilities and has became a magnet of supernatural beings.

more_horiz
"Organics are strange."

Androidia
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 2rms0oj
An alien machine woman from a dimension of machines.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Name: Angel Enigma

Appearance:

The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 864_un10

Bio: A little revamp when compared to how you saw her before. In this one she's more of an urban legend type of character, pretty much a shadow archtype of Gryphon but with a cruler sense of justice. Like Gryphon she rarely shows herself among the public but earned quite a boogeyman type reputation from eyewitnesses. The majority regard her as a powerful yet psychotic meta while others regard her as an actual angel

Also, her alternate form.
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 1zglsh

more_horiz
Name: Matthew Maximilian
Appearance: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 2mx01f7
Bio: Coming Soon.

more_horiz
Thanks Smile

Once her arc is done with I'm considering giving her own spin off. I have an idea that could lead to that. OTOH I wonder if a spin off will take away her mystery aura. I could take a Doctor approach by just having her have otherworldly adventures while still keeping the mystery about her.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Thanks Smile

Once her arc is done with I'm considering giving her own spin off. I have an idea that could lead to that. OTOH I wonder if a spin off will take away her mystery aura. I could take a Doctor approach by just having her have otherworldly adventures while still keeping the mystery about her.

That could work.

more_horiz
Flannery Kingston
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Birthi10
Bio: Coming soon

more_horiz
Superhero Name: Stronghold
Appearance: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 10hw1zd
Costume: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Imhvv9
Bio: The son of the world famous heavyweight boxer Oliver 'The Killer' Maximilian, Matthew has it pretty good. He is a popular student at Exodus High with a promising career in both Football and Boxing. He is best friends with Hank and Flannery. He also makes a point to protect the weaker students from bullies, to the point where he can stop conflicts just by showing up. Despite not yet possessing superhuman powers, Matthew is extremely strong for his age. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and is currently planning to create a costumed identity for himself to help out around the city.
When he does get his powers, it's from a meteor of all things, granting him superhuman strength and durability, which will grow as time goes on.
http://ardwickofonett.deviantart.com/art/Meteorite-Animated-132192554
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicMeteor
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenRocks

Last edited by Admin on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
We have now reached 5,000 posts! Very Happy

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
We have now reached 5,000 posts! Very Happy

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Doing more story work, pretty much.:

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Flannery Kingston
The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Birthi10
Bio: Coming soon

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Superhero Name: Stronghold
Appearance: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 10hw1zd
Costume: The New CAU Prime RPG Discussion/Sign Up Thread - Page 21 Imhvv9
Bio: The son of the world famous heavyweight boxer Oliver 'The Killer' Maximilian, Matthew has it pretty good. He is a popular student at Exodus High with a promising career in both Football and Boxing. He is best friends with Hank and Flannery. He also makes a point to protect the weaker students from bullies, to the point where he can stop conflicts just by showing up. Despite not yet possessing superhuman powers, Matthew is extremely strong for his age. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and is currently planning to create a costumed identity for himself to help out around the city.
When he does get his powers, it's from a meteor of all things, granting him superhuman strength and durability, which will grow as time goes on.
http://ardwickofonett.deviantart.com/art/Meteorite-Animated-132192554
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicMeteor
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenRocks

farao

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply