ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Legacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionLegacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread EmptyLegacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Legacy is a superhero series that Guy and I are running that centers on a group of young heroes, who range from 12-18, or younger, who are investigating the whereabouts of the missing adult superheroes who just vanished form the world without a trace. While investigating they also are the one line of defense against those who are old enemies of their mentors or new enemies that they've created themselves.

Without anyone to guide them, they're the world's only hope.

The series will run like a regular tv series with episodes, seasons, etc.

descriptionLegacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Legacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread

more_horiz

MUSIC!

So, I'm thinking something a tad different with this one, at least at the start. Despite all of the main heroes knowing each other, it's possible that not all of the sidekicks do. In addition, there are various levels of super-heroes, the big leagues and the street levelers. With that in mind, not all of the sidekicks may get along at first, but they make it work and gradually grow close as they unravel the mystery.

descriptionLegacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Legacy: Sign Up&Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

MUSIC!

So, I'm thinking something a tad different with this one, at least at the start. Despite all of the main heroes knowing each other, it's possible that not all of the sidekicks do. In addition, there are various levels of super-heroes, the big leagues and the street levelers. With that in mind, not all of the sidekicks may get along at first, but they make it work and gradually grow close as they unravel the mystery.

Exactly Smile  Not all of them are considered friends and you'll even find those that haven't even teamed up with eachother until now but this event will end up uniting them for a common cause.

As far as an opening go we could start out with that with the majority of the big league heroes gone the villains are now free to take every advantage as possible of the heroes absence.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

MUSIC!

Exactly Smile  Not all of them are considered friends and you'll even find those that haven't even teamed up with eachother until now but this event will end up uniting them for a common cause.

As far as an opening go we could start out with that with the majority of the big league heroes gone the villains are now free to take every advantage as possible of the heroes absence.

Actually, I have an idea. We introduce the big heroes doing their usual thing alongside their sidekicks, when BAM! Black Light Event and the heroes just go poof. The sidekicks, villains and civilians alike are utterly perplexed by this. As the sidekicks try to figure all of this out, the wary villains test the water. Once they find out that the heroes really are gone, it's chaos. The Sidekicks try to handle things, but there are just way too many villains and criminals running rampant, they can't contain it on their own. So, they find safehouses and arrange to meet.

more_horiz
would it be good if one of the adult heroes weren't as good as they said they were. like one of the heroes boost how they could do this and that like Mr. Satan from DBZ. a hero who does a lot of exaggeration and his sidekick actually thought he was all that. so when this hero goes missing and his sidekick meets up with other sidekicks , the sidekick will soon have to face the fact that his mentor wasn't all he was crack up to be.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

MUSIC!

Actually, I have an idea. We introduce the big heroes doing their usual thing alongside their sidekicks, when BAM! Black Light Event and the heroes just go poof. The sidekicks, villains and civilians alike are utterly perplexed by this. As the sidekicks try to figure all of this out, the wary villains test the water. Once they find out that the heroes really are gone, it's chaos. The Sidekicks try to handle things, but there are just way too many villains and criminals running rampant, they can't contain it on their own. So, they find safehouses and arrange to meet.
Like that scenario Smile 

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
would it be good if one of the adult heroes weren't as good as they said they were.  like one of the heroes boost how they could do this and that  like Mr. Satan from DBZ.   a hero who does a lot of exaggeration and his sidekick actually thought he was all that.  so when this hero goes missing and his sidekick meets up with other sidekicks , the sidekick will soon have to face the fact that his mentor wasn't all he was  crack up to be.

I have this idea in that what if one of the adult heroes wasn't as successful as the majority of the others. The hero is mainly D-Lister in popularity but the hero still tries regardless of how often the hero fails. Sort of like the character Empowered

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
would it be good if one of the adult heroes weren't as good as they said they were.  like one of the heroes boost how they could do this and that  like Mr. Satan from DBZ.   a hero who does a lot of exaggeration and his sidekick actually thought he was all that.  so when this hero goes missing and his sidekick meets up with other sidekicks , the sidekick will soon have to face the fact that his mentor wasn't all he was  crack up to be.

Actually I have this idea in that what if one of the adult heroes wasn't as successful as the majority of the others. The hero is mainly D-Lister in popularity but the hero still tries regardless of how often the hero fails. Sort of like the character Empowered

my another idea for this hero is that their great at special effects and  theatrics sort of like a good Mysterio ( Quentin Beck)  they had no powers , and used their skills in special effects and theatrics to fight crime. and yes this hero does try  no matter how often he fails  even if he's just all flash and no substance, and spins tall tales.

people who know this hero know he's D-lister , but they still like them because of the tall tales they spin.  they enjoyed listen to  the hero's tall tales. the hero's sidekick has fallen out with them , but when the hero suddenly vanishes the sidekick realizes they didn't know what they had until it was gone.

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
Legato wrote:
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:

Actually I have this idea in that what if one of the adult heroes wasn't as successful as the majority of the others. The hero is mainly D-Lister in popularity but the hero still tries regardless of how often the hero fails. Sort of like the character Empowered

that's cool, well my another idea for one of the adult heroes is that their great at special effects and  theatrics sort of like a good Mysterio ( Quentin Beck)  they had no powers , and used their skills in special effects and theatrics to fight crime. and yes this hero does try  no matter how often he fails  even if he's just all flash and no substance, and spins tall tales.

people who know this hero know he's D-lister , but they still like them because of the tall tales they spin.  they enjoyed listen to  the hero's tall tales.  the hero's sidekick has fallen out with them , but when the hero suddenly vanishes the sidekick realizes they didn't know what they had until it was gone.    

I'm going for my second idea for the bases of my character for this. my sidekick mentor is a D-lister and my character took his mentor for granted. always wish that he was the sidekick of so and so. not realized what he had. sure his mentor might not have been successful as the majority of the other adult heroes but he still was a good father.

Last edited by Bruceleegreyhulk on Sat May 24, 2014 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Name: Jasmine
Superhero Identity: Synapse
Appearance
Costume
Powers: Superhuman Speed
Electric Touch
Mentor: Tachyon: Her Father and the Fastest Man In The World.
Favorite Food: Candy Cigarettes
Bio: Coming Soon.

more_horiz
Name: Zeke

Superhero Identity: Cy

power: Technopathy , Inorganic Duplication ( the ability to  duplicate non-biological objects.)

Appearance

costume

power: Technopathy , Inorganic Duplication ( the ability to  duplicate non-biological objects.)

mentor : Captain Awesome his father a D list hero who has a background in theatrics and special effects who's married to retired A list  villain  Technoness aka Zeke's mother who's power is Technomorphism

favorite food: pineapple , ham  , mushroom,  jalapeno and chili pizza.

bio: coming soon

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:

Appearance

costume

mentor : Captain Awesome his father a D list hero who has a background in theatrics and special effects who's married to retired A list  villain  Technoness aka Zeke's mother  who's power is Technomorphism

This is basically a story project Guy and I are working on. Not exactly an RPG

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Name: Jasmine
Superhero Identity: Synapse
Appearance
Costume
Powers: Superhuman Speed
Electric Touch
Mentor: Tachyon: Her Father and the Fastest Man In The World.
Favorite Food: Candy Cigarettes
Bio: Coming Soon.

Our very first character!!! Very Happy 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:

Appearance

costume

mentor : Captain Awesome his father a D list hero who has a background in theatrics and special effects who's married to retired A list  villain  Technoness aka Zeke's mother  who's power is Technomorphism

opps my mistake thought this was RPG.

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
Legato wrote:
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:

Appearance

costume

It's cool. It's my fault for not elaborating on that. You can still contribute in providing ideas for the series like earlier. This goes to anyone else also Smile 

more_horiz
Name: Frey
Superhero Identity: Masquerade
Appearance
Costume(Equipped with Pants)
Powers: Shapeshifting + Magic
Mentor: The Trickster
Favorite Food: Sunflower Seed Granola Balls
Bio:

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
Legato wrote:
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:

Appearance

costume

It's cool. It's my fault for not elaborating on that. You can still contribute in providing ideas for the series like earlier. This goes to anyone else also Smile 

okay here's a idea  basically follows my last idea

so basically this D lister would be the father or mother of the sidekick who would be married to a retired A list villain male or female.  the sidekick grows up hearing tales about how his father or mother  was great and when they become their father or mother's sidekick.  they eventually find out that everything their father or mother told them about themselves was a exaggeration and that they're not some great hero causing them resent their mother or father as they are weren't the person they thought they were.

that  they second parent  a A list Villain let their first parent win cause they felt sorry for him.  when the Sidekick's second parent suddenly vanishes this gets the  sidekick into a fallen out with second parent. even through the second parent tries their best to find their wife / husband no matter how many times he fails  the sidekick still blames  them for what the disappearance of their first parent.  however the second parent would mysterious vanish one day while looking for the first one, leaving the sidekick by himself.

pretty much the first parent the D list hero was investigating the disappearance of their wife or husband a retired A list Villain but vanishes during the investigation.  so the sidekick is now investigating the disappearance of both their parents.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Name: Frey
Superhero Identity: Masquerade
Appearance
Costume(Equipped with Pants)
Powers: Shapeshifting + Magic
Mentor: The Trickster
Favorite Food: Sunflower Seed Granola Balls
Bio:

Masquerade
https://2img.net/h/s3.postimg.cc/dokbceocz/sailor_moon_tuxedo_mask_by_isaiahstephens_d6v8ng.png

Trickster
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/363/2/5/the_crystal_by_seanrm-d6zz0s6.png
 Cool 

more_horiz
Bruceleegreyhulk wrote:
Legato wrote:

Bruceleegreyhulk
Legato wrote:

okay here's a idea  basically follows my last idea

so basically this D lister would be the father or mother of the sidekick who would be married to a retired A list villain male or female.  the sidekick grows up hearing tales about how his father or mother  was great and when they become their father or mother's sidekick.  they eventually find out that everything their father or mother told them about themselves was a exaggeration and that they're not some great hero causing them resent their mother or father as they are weren't the person they thought they were.

that  they second parent  a A list Villain let their first parent win cause they felt sorry for him.  when the Sidekick's second parent suddenly vanishes this gets the  sidekick into a fallen out with second parent. even through the second parent tries their best to find their wife / husband no matter how many times he fails  the sidekick still blames  them for what the disappearance of their first parent.  however the second parent would mysterious vanish one day while looking for the first one, leaving the sidekick by himself.

pretty much the first parent the D list hero was investigating the disappearance of their wife or husband a retired A list Villain but vanishes during the investigation.  so the sidekick is now investigating the disappearance of both their parents.

feel free to use this character idea if you guys want.

more_horiz
Seems interesting

How big will the main cast be? You guys got an outline of how the series will go?

more_horiz
It will start with five but the roster will increase later on. And we are currently outlining the series

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
It will start with five but the roster will increase later on. And we are currently outlining the series
ahh okay, how will the episodes be set up? Like recent Justice Patrol and Team Insidious installments or the earlier format?

Got the villains down and the cause of the disappearance?

more_horiz
Pretty much like Justice Patrol. And yes on the latter

more_horiz
As explained before. We got it covered. Smile 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Pretty much like Justice Patrol. And yes on the latter
i meant in terms of length . The first few Justice Patrol updates were longer but had more time in between them, will these?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply