ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Green Arrow

power_settings_newLogin to reply
2 posters

descriptionGreen Arrow - Page 4 EmptyRe: Green Arrow

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
I could just transport her in The Dark Knight. My belief is there isn't such thing as a bad character. Just a horrible writer who doesn't know what to do with a character. Evel Malcolm would be a good character if someone with an ounce of writing talent knows how to use him

I think that will work best. And yeah, Malcolm will receive proper douchebaggery and character development in this story.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
While all of this was going on, Martin N. Somers was checking his watch at the docks. He was a busy man and Victor had seriously inconvenienced him today. He had to wrap this up quickly.
Victor was brought before him with his arms bound behind his back and a bag over his face. The men pushed him to his knees and pulled the mask from his face to reveal that his mouth had been gagged. "Victor...I really didn't want things to go down this road. You have to understand, it's just business. They smuggle in the drugs, I let them use my docks, and I get a cut which gives me more money to pay my fellow dock workers. Everybody benefits. But you...you just had to talk didn't you? Fortunately, my boys were tailing you, and they stopped you before you did something really stupid. So here we are...on the docks. Now listen up, alright? I am going to remove the gag. If you scream or shout, we will cut out your tongue, are we clear?"
Victor Nocenti nodded and the gag was removed. Martin crouched down. "There now, isn't that better?"
"Martin, please...these people, that witch...you don't know what you're doing. These people...they are going to get you, all of us, killed. They've been here before. They-"
Martin signaled for him to be silenced and Victor was gagged. He struggled and looked up at Martin with pleading eyes. "Oh Victor, we had such high hopes for you. I'm sorry it had to be like this, really. Alright, do it."
Chien Na Wei grabbed Victor by his hair, dragged him over to the water and slit his throat before throwing his corpse into the water. She turned around and smiled.
"A job well done."
"It's just pest control. Roaches need to be stamped out after all. Now, let's discuss the incoming shipment."

"DAD? DAD pick up! Please!" Emily Nocenti pleaded into her phone once more. It went to voicemail again. Just like the last 12 times she'd called. Her father had been gone all night. He didn't call or text or send her any kind of message about what he was doing only that he'd was going to investigate Martin Somers and then he went out and he didn't come back. He'd left her an envelope to open if he didn't return. What she'd found in there was photographs of Martin exchanging money with Chinese Businessmen and boxes of white powder on the docks. She assumed it was drugs. Of course, Emily was smart enough to take pictures of the photos with her phone. Her father had gone back to find more evidence before contacting the police and now he was missing. Emily's hands shook as she walked the pier and looked around for her father. She managed to call him again when something caught her eye out of her peripheral vision. She lowered the phone and walked to the edge where she saw a body floating facedown in the water.
"Please no." She pleaded and she crouched down and grabbed the body and grunted and struggled to pull it out of the water. She finally managed to pull it onto land and she turned it over. "No.Nonononononoooo..." she turned it over to see her father's face...eyes wide...skin pale and his throat slashed open. "DADDY!"

Emergency Responders were on the scene soon and they found her sobbing over her father's corpse. They comforted Emily and took her down to the station to get a statement. Emily told them everything she knew and showed them the pictures on her phone. While the photos were retrieved from her house, she told Quentin that she believed Martin was taking bribes to bring in drugs and that her father was killed for knowing too much. Needless to say, the police searched the docks very thoroughly...only to find nothing! No bloodstains, they'd been mopped up. No drugs, the triad had taken custody of them. And obviously, Martin either denied any involvement or had an excuse ready. His men of course collaborated his story. The police obtained a Search Warrant and searched his home. They found nothing. The police would keep an eye on him, but with his men collaborating his story and no physical evidence of his involvement besides the photos and the body which could've been done by anyone, they had to let him go.

Martin adjusted his tie to look like more of an asshole as he walked up to Emily. "My dear girl, you have my sympathies. Your loss is a tragic one. He was a good man. I can only hope that the real killer is found and brought to justice."
Emily wasn't buying it for a second. "You lying sack of filth. I KNOW YOU DID IT! You killed my father! WHY? WHY?!" She lunged at him only for Quentin to get in between them. "Emily stop. Stop it! This won't solve anything!"
Martin frowned, faking sympathy. "...Such a vile accusation. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling right now. Perhaps we can meet later when you have calmed down. Good day my dear." He walked away.
"Hey Marin!"
"Yes Detective?"
"Rest assured, justice will be done and the real killer will be found. No matter where he's hiding." Despite how calm Quentin was on the outside, the threat was clear.
Martin however smiled. "I have complete faith in you detective." He walked out.
"How can you just let him walk away like that?"
"Emily, I am on your side, but it comes down to what we can prove. We'll keep an eye on him. If we find anything, we'll bust him."
Emily turned and walked away. "Just take me home."
Quentin sighed and ran his hand over his head. "...For what it's worth, I can recommend a good lawyer."

Olivia Queen worked out as the television in her room played the news. She listened to every word. Martin Sommers had murdered Victor Nocenti for something. Chances were, she would go to Laurel for her lawyer. Good. Laurel could handle the legal battle and her being involved would get Quentin involved to protect both of them. Meanwhile, The Vigilante would use her own methods to make him talk. But first...Olivia Queen had a small technicality to take care of. She needed to legally come back from the dead.

Billionaire Playgirl Olivia Queen, clad in a Classic Business Women's Uniform, swaggered into her mom's room like a total boss. Moira, Walter and Thea were glued to a television news report about the Vigilante's recent activities. A certain businessman had been visited by the vigilante and had a change of heart to return money that he owed to the people of Starling City. Tommy was relaxing against a wall and waved to her as she walked in. Olivia waved back and laughed at the news report. "Has this guy arrived or what?"
"Arrived from Mars maybe." Walter joked.
"This vigilante is just going to bring an axe on her head. All this....it's chaos is what it is. Who can feel safe with someone like this running around?" Moria questioned.
"Hey, nothing wrong with knocking a few criminal heads is there?" Thea laughed.
"And hey, he's kicking up some excitement!" Olivia pointed out.
"Speaking of excitement, it is time to resurrect my daughter!" Moria smiled.
"It'll be a simple process, in and out, we just need you to speak with the judge, explain your story, and-"
"It's cool Walter. I've been in court before." Olivia winked.
"Four times, by my count." Tommy reminded everyone. "Let's see...there was, the public intoxication, punching that paparazzi scumbag, stealing my dad's Purple Lamborghini which was just awesome by the way..."
Olivia laughed at that one.
"And who can forget? Your legendary street fight with John Ford?"
Moria groaned and Olivia burst out laughing.
"I wish everybody would." Moria sighed.
"Oh that takes me back to the day."
Moria shot him a look. "Honey, you had napkins hanging out of your nose."
Laughing "Yeah, yeah, that was a good fight."
"So. Everybody ready to go?" Tommy asked while high-fiving her.
"Yes. By all means, please change the subject." Moria insisted.
"Love ya mom."
"Love you honey."
Moira and Walter walked out the door while Thea relaxed in her chair.
"You coming?" Olivia asked.
"Mmmm, I'm good. Seeing you in court 4 times was more than enough for me. I'm going to hang with a friend...and, don't worry about pick pocketing my stash this time because we are just going partying."
"Pick pocketing? Moi? I am offended at your accusation young lady!"
"Wounded even?"
"Hurt Thea!"
"Awwww poor baby."
Olivia smirked. "Just be safe Speedy."
"Yes Your Highness."
Olivia walked over and hugged her sister before running out to catch up with the others.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
While all of this was going on, Martin N. Somers was checking his watch at the docks. He was a busy man and Victor had seriously inconvenienced him today. He had to wrap this up quickly.
Victor was brought before him with his arms bound behind his back and a bag over his face. The men pushed him to his knees and pulled the mask from his face to reveal that his mouth had been gagged. "Victor...I really didn't want things to go down this road. You have to understand, it's just business. They smuggle in the drugs, I let them use my docks, and I get a cut which gives me more money to pay my fellow dock workers. Everybody benefits. But you...you just had to talk didn't you? Fortunately, my boys were tailing you, and they stopped you before you did something really stupid. So here we are...on the docks. Now listen up, alright? I am going to remove the gag. If you scream or shout, we will cut out your tongue, are we clear?"
Victor Nocenti nodded and the gag was removed. Martin crouched down. "There now, isn't that better?"
"Martin, please...these people, that witch...you don't know what you're doing. These people...they are going to get you, all of us, killed. They've been here before. They-"
Martin signaled for him to be silenced and Victor was gagged. He struggled and looked up at Martin with pleading eyes. "Oh Victor, we had such high hopes for you. I'm sorry it had to be like this, really. Alright, do it."
Chien Na Wei grabbed Victor by his hair, dragged him over to the water and slit his throat before throwing his corpse into the water. She turned around and smiled.
"A job well done."
"It's just pest control. Roaches need to be stamped out after all. Now, let's discuss the incoming shipment."

"DAD? DAD pick up! Please!" Emily Nocenti pleaded into her phone once more. It went to voicemail again. Just like the last 12 times she'd called. Her father had been gone all night. He didn't call or text or send her any kind of message about what he was doing only that he'd was going to investigate Martin Somers and then he went out and he didn't come back. He'd left her an envelope to open if he didn't return. What she'd found in there was photographs of Martin exchanging money with Chinese Businessmen and boxes of white powder on the docks. She assumed it was drugs. Of course, Emily was smart enough to take pictures of the photos with her phone. Her father had gone back to find more evidence before contacting the police and now he was missing. Emily's hands shook as she walked the pier and looked around for her father. She managed to call him again when something caught her eye out of her peripheral vision. She lowered the phone and walked to the edge where she saw a body floating facedown in the water.
"Please no." She pleaded and she crouched down and grabbed the body and grunted and struggled to pull it out of the water. She finally managed to pull it onto land and she turned it over. "No.Nonononononoooo..." she turned it over to see her father's face...eyes wide...skin pale and his throat slashed open. "DADDY!"

Emergency Responders were on the scene soon and they found her sobbing over her father's corpse. They comforted Emily and took her down to the station to get a statement. Emily told them everything she knew and showed them the pictures on her phone. While the photos were retrieved from her house, she told Quentin that she believed Martin was taking bribes to bring in drugs and that her father was killed for knowing too much. Needless to say, the police searched the docks very thoroughly...only to find nothing! No bloodstains, they'd been mopped up. No drugs, the triad had taken custody of them. And obviously, Martin either denied any involvement or had an excuse ready. His men of course collaborated his story. The police obtained a Search Warrant and searched his home. They found nothing. The police would keep an eye on him, but with his men collaborating his story and no physical evidence of his involvement besides the photos and the body which could've been done by anyone, they had to let him go.

Martin adjusted his tie to look like more of an asshole as he walked up to Emily. "My dear girl, you have my sympathies. Your loss is a tragic one. He was a good man. I can only hope that the real killer is found and brought to justice."
Emily wasn't buying it for a second. "You lying sack of filth. I KNOW YOU DID IT! You killed my father! WHY? WHY?!" She lunged at him only for Quentin to get in between them. "Emily stop. Stop it! This won't solve anything!"
Martin frowned, faking sympathy. "...Such a vile accusation. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling right now. Perhaps we can meet later when you have calmed down. Good day my dear." He walked away.
"Hey Marin!"
"Yes Detective?"
"Rest assured, justice will be done and the real killer will be found. No matter where he's hiding." Despite how calm Quentin was on the outside, the threat was clear.
"Emily, I am on your side, but it comes down to what we can prove. We'll keep an eye on him. If we find anything, we'll bust him."
Quentin sighed and ran his hand over his head. "...For what it's worth, I can recommend a good lawyer."

Olivia Queen worked out as the television in her room played the news. She listened to every word. Martin Sommers had murdered Victor Nocenti for something. Chances were, she would go to Laurel for her lawyer. Good. Laurel could handle the legal battle and her being involved would get Quentin involved to protect both of them. Meanwhile, The Vigilante would use her own methods to make him talk. But first...Olivia Queen had a small technicality to take care of. She needed to legally come back from the dead.

Billionaire Playgirl Olivia Queen, clad in a Classic Business Women's Uniform, swaggered into her mom's room like a total boss. Moira, Walter and Thea were glued to a television news report about the Vigilante's recent activities. A certain businessman had been visited by the vigilante and had a change of heart to return money that he owed to the people of Starling City. Tommy was relaxing against a wall and waved to her as she walked in. Olivia waved back and laughed at the news report. "Has this guy arrived or what?"
"This vigilante is just going to bring an axe on her head. All this....it's chaos is what it is. Who can feel safe with someone like this running around?" Moria questioned.
"It'll be a simple process, in and out, we just need you to speak with the judge, explain your story, and-"
"Four times, by my count." Tommy reminded everyone. "Let's see...there was, the public intoxication, punching that paparazzi scumbag, stealing my dad's Purple Lamborghini which was just awesome by the way..."
Laughing  "Yeah, yeah, that was a good fight."
"Love ya mom."
"Love you honey."
"Mmmm, I'm good. Seeing you in court 4 times was more than enough for me. I'm going to hang with a friend...and, don't worry about pick pocketing my stash this time because we are just going partying."
"Wounded even?"
"Hurt Thea!"
"Awwww poor baby."
"Yes Your Highness."
Olivia walked over and hugged her sister before running out to catch up with the others.

Olivia Queen walked into the courthouse and adjusted her tie like she always did. The trial was formality really and it just raced by for her until it was finally time to talk and Olivia stepped up to the plate. She took a minute to brace herself to explain about what had happened. She recounted the start of the trip, the peace and quiet on the yacht, the storm and the horrific night when the Queen's Gambit capsized. Olivia choked up at this point. She squeezed her eyes shut and steeled herself to keep talking. She continued explaining about the night that she lost Sara and how she was rescued by her father...and about her father's suicide.
Moira held her head in her hands and sobbed as Walter put an arm around her.
"I drifted for what felt like days before we washed up on the island. I crawled out of the life raft and collapsed on the beach and as I lay there on the beach on the brink of death, I knew that in order to honor my father, I would have to live on for both of us."
"Your honor," his lawyer started, "We move to vacate the death-in-absentia filed after Olivia's disappearance at sea aboard the Queen's Gambit five years ago. Unfortunately we will not be requesting that the declaration of death filed for the petitioner's father, Robert Queen, be rescinded. Nor can we ask for the return of Miss Sara Lance. These grieving families are only entitled to one miracle, I'm afraid."
Olivia looked down and bowed her head as the Judge banged his gavel.

Following the trial, Olivia rubbed her mother's back. "It's okay mom. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."
Moira sniffled and dried her eyes with a handkerchief as she straightened up. "Thank you honey. Welcome back."
"Good to be back mom."
The Queens and Tommy walked down the stairs. "So where to now?"
"A day about the town."
"Really now? Five years gone and the other day you couldn't wait to get back to the company. Now you're skipping out?"
"Been gone five years Tom. I have a lot of hedonism to catch up on. I am going to live it up!"
"That's the Olivia I remember." Tommy chuckled. He was about to continue before his phone vibrated and he checked it. "Ah, if it isn't the reason why I drink?"
Olivia glanced at the text. "Malcolm?"
"Malcolm."  Rolling Eyes
"Hey you gotta cherish the dad you have. I learned that the hard way."
"I'll keep that in mind. Wish me luck."
The two friends embraced and Tommy headed out ahead of him while Olivia stopped to chat with Laurel and the girl she was with. "Hey Laurel."
"Hey Olivia. In trouble already?"
"No, not today anyway, I was just coming back from the dead."
"Ah."
"Who's your friend?"
"Emily Nocenti. She...lost her father because of Martin Somers. We're going to bring him to justice."
"I'm sorry for your loss."
"Thanks." Was all Emily could muster.
Olivia nodded and turned her attention to Laurel. "Martin's a powerhouse are you sure that you'll be alright?"
"The day that I back down from a roach like Somers is the day I retire."
Smile  "You've changed. There's a fire in you."
"Five years will do that. Excuse us."
"Sure." Olivia let them pass and headed to the exit where Tommy was waving her over.

Outside, Martin Somers was speaking with the press.
"I'm sure that Miss Lance is a perfectly capable lawyer but she's got me all wrong. I am a legitimate, hardworking businessman who loves this city and I am going to fight this to my last dime! FOR YOU! FOR STARLING CITY! THANK YOU EVERYBODY!"

You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the bullshit in his speech. It was made even more obvious by the way he brushed past Olivia and Tommy.
"Ladies." He greeted.
"Hey what the fu-"
Olivia put a hand on Tommy's chest. "Let him go. Laurel's gonna roast him anyway."
"If she doesn't, I will."
"Word."
They fist bumped and went their separate ways. Olivia put on her sunglasses as she walked into the crowd of paparazzi and flashed peace signs to them and ignored their questions. They were all talking at once anyway. Diggle got in between them and told them all to back off. While he was in the middle of bickering with the press, Olivia slipped into the car and drove off. Everybody stopped what they were doing and watched her leave.
"So does this happen to you a lot sir?"
Diggle sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "No comment."

Last edited by Admin on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
The sisterly dialogue between Thea and Olivia is funny and heartwarming. You're definitely hitting the mark with their interactions, bro Cool

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
The sisterly dialogue between Thea and Olivia is funny and heartwarming. You're definitely hitting the mark with their interactions, bro Cool

Thanks man, really having fun writing the interactions!
Plus we get a Charge shout out!
And some good jokes at Malcolm's expense. Laughing
And Tommy has some dad issues while still being full win. afro

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
"A job well done."

"Hey Marin!"
"Yes Detective?"

"Love ya mom."
"Love you honey."
"Wounded even?"
"Hurt Thea!"
"Awwww poor baby."
"Yes Your Highness."

Olivia Queen walked into the courthouse and adjusted her tie like she always did. The trial was formality really and it just raced by for her until it was finally time to talk and Olivia stepped up to the plate. She took a minute to brace herself to explain about what had happened. She recounted the start of the trip, the peace and quiet on the yacht, the storm and the horrific night when the Queen's Gambit capsized. Olivia choked up at this point. She squeezed her eyes shut and steeled herself to keep talking. She continued explaining about the night that she lost Sara and how she was rescued by her father...and about her father's suicide.
"I drifted for what felt like days before we washed up on the island. I crawled out of the life raft and collapsed on the beach and as I lay there on the beach on the brink of death, I knew that in order to honor my father, I would have to live on for both of us."
"Your honor," his lawyer started, "We move to vacate the death-in-absentia filed after Olivia's disappearance at sea aboard the Queen's Gambit five years ago. Unfortunately we will not be requesting that the declaration of death filed for the petitioner's father, Robert Queen, be rescinded. Nor can we ask for the return of Miss Sara Lance. These grieving families are only entitled to one miracle, I'm afraid."

Following the trial, Olivia rubbed her mother's back. "It's okay mom. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."
Moira sniffled and dried her eyes with a handkerchief as she straightened up. "Thank you honey. Welcome back."
"Good to be back mom."
"A day about the town."
"Really now? Five years gone and the other day you couldn't wait to get back to the company. Now you're skipping out?"
"Been gone five years Tom. I have a lot of hedonism to catch up on. I am going to live it up!"
"That's the Olivia I remember." Tommy chuckled. He was about to continue before his phone vibrated and he checked it. "Ah, if it isn't the reason why I drink?"
"Malcolm."  Rolling Eyes
The two friends embraced and Tommy headed out ahead of him while Olivia stopped to chat with Laurel and the girl she was with. "Hey Laurel."
"Ah."
"Who's your friend?"
"Emily Nocenti. She...lost her father because of Martin Somers. We're going to bring him to justice."
Olivia nodded and turned her attention to Laurel. "Martin's a powerhouse are you sure that you'll be alright?"
"Sure." Olivia let them pass and headed to the exit where Tommy was waving her over.

"I'm sure that Miss Lance is a perfectly capable lawyer but she's got me all wrong. I am a legitimate, hardworking businessman who loves this city and I am going to fight this to my last dime! FOR YOU! FOR STARLING CITY! THANK YOU EVERYBODY!"

You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the bullshit in his speech. It was made even more obvious by the way he brushed past Olivia and Tommy.
"Ladies." He greeted.
"Hey what the fu-"
Olivia put a hand on Tommy's chest. "Let him go. Laurel's gonna roast him anyway."
"Word."
They fist bumped and went their separate ways. Olivia put on her sunglasses as she walked into the crowd of paparazzi and flashed peace signs to them and ignored their questions. They were all talking at once anyway. Diggle got in between them and told them all to back off. While he was in the middle of bickering with the press, Olivia slipped into the car and drove off. Everybody stopped what they were doing and watched her leave.

Back in the courthouse, Laurel was giving her opening remarks.

"How much is a life worth?" she asked. "A life of a man, a good man, a stevedore on the docks of the city in which we live. A father." She stopped and looked back at Emily. "A man with a daughter." She paused for effect before continuing. "The plaintiff will prove by a preponderance of evidence that Victor Nocenti learned that his boss, that man sitting right there," she pointed at the defendant, "Martin Somers, was taking bribes from the Chinese triads to smuggle drugs into our city. And when Victor Nocenti threatened to tell the police, Martin Somers had him killed. Mr. Somers is very well-connected, and has friends in the district attorney's office. Which is why, if Emily Nocenti is to get justice for her father's death, if Martin Somers is to get justice for his crimes, then someone is going to have to do it for them."

Martin smiled and relaxed as his lawyer took the stand.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Your Honor, the tragic death of Victor Nocenti has touched us all. He was a good man, an honest and hard working man. I am heartbroken his passing." The Lawyer pretended to compose himself. Laurel saw right through it. Emily was about to stand up and say something but Laurel put a hand on hers and shook her head no.
The lawyer continued. "While this is a tragedy, it does not change the fact that in Emily's grief, she is misplacing her anger and throwing out wild accusations and I am going to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my client, Martin Somers, is an innocent man who does not deserve this...witch hunt!"

The trial eventually let out and Martin let the ladies leave first. "I hope we can get this misunderstanding put behind us sooner rather than later, ladies." Martin smiled.
Laurel noticed the implied threat behind his words but didn't flinch and looked Martin square in the eyes. "Piece of advice Martin: Get used to wearing orange." Laurel walked away with Emily and put on her sunglasses and left a fuming Martin behind.

Olivia Queen spent the rest of the day training in her lair: Benching weights, working the salmon ladder, doing sit ups, pull ups, push ups, crunches, dragging tires, hitting pipes with her eskirma sticks, climbing ropes and practicing her martial arts and archery over and over until nightfall.

Martin Somers, Laurel's targeted the worst of Starling City, so it is no surprise his name is on my father's list. The city's police and D.A. Can't stop him or won't. Laurel thinks she's the only one willing to bring him to justice. She's wrong.

"Goddamn motherfucking bitch! Who the fuck does that bitch think she is?!" Martin Somers ran his fingers through his hair as he seethed with anger and turned to face his lawyer and his men. "Nobody does that to me! NOBODY!"

"You've made your feelings on today quite clear sir. Now, as your lawyer I suggest that you-"

Martin got right in his face and poked him in the chest. "You listen up Bobby. The longer this goes on, the more likely the media is going to crucify me." Somers got in his face, "You shut this bitch down, do you hear me?!"

"Loud and clear sir. Don't worry about the trial, I've gone toe-to-toe with real lawyers. A couple of little girls aren't what I'd call a challenge."

"That's good. That's what I want to hear. We are going to bury these bitches." He breathed in and out and turned to grab his scotch when the lights burst over their heads and his two bodyguards screamed in agony followed by his lawyer. Before Martin could even turn around something grabbed his face and smashed it against the desk.

Somers woke up to find his head throbbing and his vision was blurry. Goddamit, what the hell happened to him. It took him a minute to get his bearings and to his horror he found that he was hanging upside down by his feet!

Martin yelled out in a panic and the vigilante strolled into his line of vision and aimed a bow and arrow right at him.

"MARTIN SOMERS! YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"
"OH WHAT THE FUCK?!"
An Arrow whizzed right past him and narrowly missed his face.
"You are going to testify in that trial tomorrow and you are going to confess to the murder of Victor Nocenti. There won't be a second warning!"
"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"
Another arrow whizzed by him and left a cut on Martin's face followed by another arrow through the ropes holding him. Victor fell to the ground and shouted in pain. He writhed on the ground for a few moments before rolling over on his stomach and looking around for the vigilante but he was all alone. Martin slowly sat up, wincing at the pain he was in and tried desperately to make his hands stop shaking.

QUEEN MANSION!

Moria Queen impatiently paced back and forth as she spoke with John Diggle who had his arms behind his back.

"I hired you to protect my son." She said as she stopped pacing and walked in front of John. "Now, I'm not a professional bodyguard, but it seems to me that the first requirement would be managing to stay next to the man you're hired to protect."

"With all due respect, ma'am," Diggle tried, "I never had a client who didn't want my protection."

"I hired you. That makes me the client. Now, where do you think my son is going on these chaperone-less excursions?"

"Ma'am, I truly do not know." Dig answered honestly.

"And he truly doesn't." a jovial voice called out as Olivia Queen swaggered into the room. Her mother just looked annoyed and walked over to her, arms crossed.

"Then perhaps you'd like to share with me, you know, where it is you run off to."

"Well, I have been alone for five years." Olivia Queen reminded her. "Alone. Even a lady would have...urges."

Moira put it together after a beat. "I see." She said.

"I promise to introduce her if it ever gets to the exchanging first names stage." Olivia offered with a wide smile on her face.

Moira sighed and just looked put out. "That won't be necessary. Just let Mister John Diggle be your chaperone to your next..rendezvous. Listen to me Olivia, I know that you are a strong woman, but it is not safe out there. There is a maniac out there, hunting the wealthy."

"That maniac saved my life." Olivia reminded her mother.

"This isn't a game." Moira said. She paused and looked into her daughters eyes. "I lost you once. And I am not going through that again." She stated plaintively. Olivia looked back with genuine remorse.

"Okay. Dig's my guy."

"Thank you." Moira said, and then walked out of the room. Oliver looked up at his body man.

"Sorry to give you so much grief." He said. He almost meant it.

Dig buttoned up his suite jacket and walked around the couch. "I served three tours in Afghanistan, Mrs. Queen. Two in Qurac. You don't even come close to my definition of grief." He paused in front of her. "But I tell you what- you ditch me one more time, no one will have to fire me." With that he left the room

Olivia Queen nodded and sat down on the couch to plan her next move.

Back at the docks, Detective Lance was speaking with Martin Somers about what had happened- or, as Somers put it, didn't happen.

"Well, I owe you an apology, Mr. Somers." Lance was saying, pacing lightly in front of Somers desk. Quentin was wearing his usual police uniform with a pair of white gloves on. He noted a hole in the top of the desk and fingered it idly as Somers sat, watching him. The Vigilante had broken part of Martin's desk when his head was smashed against it but Martin played it off as a slip from a few drinks. The liquor he'd drank and the ice pack on his head helped sell this story.
"We come all the way down to your docks, and it turns out, you don't need the police after all."

"Which is exactly what I've been saying." Somers said. He acted calmly on the outside but the vigilante had frightened him. That lunatic had walked right into his docks and strung him up like a theater prop for target practice and then teleported right back out! That wasn't normal. This vigilante wasn't normal. He hid his right hand under the desk to hide the trembling.

"Yeah." Lance agreed. "So I guess that 9-1-1 call we got last night from your stevedore, saying that you were getting attacked by a guy in a green hood and a bow and arrow… I guess well, was that a practical joke?" he threw out.

Somers smiled tightly. "These guys like to fool around."

"Yeah." Lance said again, walking away from the desk and over towards one of the patrol officers who held an evidence bag. "Well, you know, I'd be very much inclined to believe an honest, upstanding businessman like yourself, except, well, one of my men found this at your docks." He pulled out a green arrow and turned around, showing it to Somers. Somers held his gaze impassively. "You see, there's this vigilante running around." Lance continued, coming back to the desk. He perched on the edge, waving the arrow around slightly. "Thinks she's some kind of Robin Hood. She's robbing the rich, she's trying to teach them a lesson I guess. I don't know," he said, then looked back at the other officers. "I don't know." He repeated, and then looked back at Somers. "But the point is, this lady's a killer. And nothing, and no one, is going to stop me from bringing her down." He gently put the arrow in the hole in the desk; it fit perfectly, to no one's surprise. Lance looked up at Somers with a tight smile. "But like you said, clearly, nothing happened here last night." He finished sarcastically.

Somers looked back at the cop. "Isn't this a conflict of interest, Detective?" he asked. "After all, your daughter is suing me."

"I'm pretty good at keeping my emotions in check." Lance said evenly.

"I'm not." Somers said, rage simmering just beneath the surface. He stood and got into Lance's face. "You and your daughter don't want to find out what I'm capable of when I get emotional." He threatened. Lance gave him a disgusted look. Finally, though, he turned and left.

Thea took a shot at the bar while waiting for her friend to show up.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
"A job well done."

"Hey Marin!"
"Yes Detective?"

"Love ya mom."
"Love you honey."
"Wounded even?"
"Hurt Thea!"
"Awwww poor baby."
"Yes Your Highness."

"Good to be back mom."
"A day about the town."
"Malcolm."  Rolling Eyes
"Ah."
"Who's your friend?"

"Ladies." He greeted.
"Hey what the fu-"
"Word."

Back in the courthouse, Laurel was giving her opening remarks.

"How much is a life worth?" she asked. "A life of a man, a good man, a stevedore on the docks of the city in which we live. A father." She stopped and looked back at Emily. "A man with a daughter." She paused for effect before continuing. "The plaintiff will prove by a preponderance of evidence that Victor Nocenti learned that his boss, that man sitting right there," she pointed at the defendant, "Martin Somers, was taking bribes from the Chinese triads to smuggle drugs into our city. And when Victor Nocenti threatened to tell the police, Martin Somers had him killed. Mr. Somers is very well-connected, and has friends in the district attorney's office. Which is why, if Emily Nocenti is to get justice for her father's death, if Martin Somers is to get justice for his crimes, then someone is going to have to do it for them."

Martin smiled and relaxed as his lawyer took the stand.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Your Honor, the tragic death of Victor Nocenti has touched us all. He was a good man, an honest and hard working man. I am heartbroken his passing." The Lawyer pretended to compose himself. Laurel saw right through it. Emily was about to stand up and say something but Laurel put a hand on hers and shook her head no.
The lawyer continued. "While this is a tragedy, it does not change the fact that in Emily's grief, she is misplacing her anger and throwing out wild accusations and I am going to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my client, Martin Somers, is an innocent man who does not deserve this...witch hunt!"

The trial eventually let out and Martin let the ladies leave first. "I hope we can get this misunderstanding put behind us sooner rather than later, ladies." Martin smiled.
Laurel noticed the implied threat behind his words but didn't flinch and looked Martin square in the eyes. "Piece of advice Martin: Get used to wearing orange." Laurel walked away with Emily and put on her sunglasses and left a fuming Martin behind.

Olivia Queen spent the rest of the day training in her lair: Benching weights, working the salmon ladder, doing sit ups, pull ups, push ups, crunches, dragging tires, hitting pipes with her eskirma sticks, climbing ropes and practicing her martial arts and archery over and over until nightfall.

Martin Somers, Laurel's targeted the worst of Starling City, so it is no surprise his name is on my father's list. The city's police and D.A. Can't stop him or won't. Laurel thinks she's the only one willing to bring him to justice. She's wrong.

"Goddamn motherfucking bitch! Who the fuck does that bitch think she is?!" Martin Somers ran his fingers through his hair as he seethed with anger and turned to face his lawyer and his men. "Nobody does that to me! NOBODY!"

"You've made your feelings on today quite clear sir. Now, as your lawyer I suggest that you-"

Martin got right in his face and poked him in the chest. "You listen up Bobby. The longer this goes on, the more likely the media is going to crucify me." Somers got in his face, "You shut this bitch down, do you hear me?!"

"Loud and clear sir. Don't worry about the trial, I've gone toe-to-toe with real lawyers. A couple of little girls aren't what I'd call a challenge."

"That's good. That's what I want to hear. We are going to bury these bitches." He breathed in and out and turned to grab his scotch when the lights burst over their heads and his two bodyguards screamed in agony followed by his lawyer. Before Martin could even turn around something grabbed his face and smashed it against the desk.

Somers woke up to find his head throbbing and his vision was blurry. Goddamit, what the hell happened to him. It took him a minute to get his bearings and to his horror he found that he was hanging upside down by his feet!

Martin yelled out in a panic and the vigilante strolled into his line of vision and aimed a bow and arrow right at him.

"MARTIN SOMERS! YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"
"OH WHAT THE FUCK?!"
An Arrow whizzed right past him and narrowly missed his face.
"You are going to testify in that trial tomorrow and you are going to confess to the murder of Victor Nocenti. There won't be a second warning!"
"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!"
Another arrow whizzed by him and left a cut on Martin's face followed by another arrow through the ropes holding him. Victor fell to the ground and shouted in pain. He writhed on the ground for a few moments before rolling over on his stomach and looking around for the vigilante but he was all alone. Martin slowly sat up, wincing at the pain he was in and tried desperately to make his hands stop shaking.

QUEEN MANSION!

Moria Queen impatiently paced back and forth as she spoke with John Diggle who had his arms behind his back.

"I hired you to protect my son." She said as she stopped pacing and walked in front of John. "Now, I'm not a professional bodyguard, but it seems to me that the first requirement would be managing to stay next to the man you're hired to protect."

"With all due respect, ma'am," Diggle tried, "I never had a client who didn't want my protection."

"I hired you. That makes me the client. Now, where do you think my son is going on these chaperone-less excursions?"

"Ma'am, I truly do not know." Dig answered honestly.

"And he truly doesn't." a jovial voice called out as Olivia Queen swaggered into the room. Her mother just looked annoyed and walked over to her, arms crossed.

"Then perhaps you'd like to share with me, you know, where it is you run off to."

"Well, I have been alone for five years." Olivia Queen reminded her. "Alone. Even a lady would have...urges."

Moira put it together after a beat. "I see." She said.

"I promise to introduce her if it ever gets to the exchanging first names stage." Olivia offered with a wide smile on her face.

Moira sighed and just looked put out. "That won't be necessary. Just let Mister John Diggle be your chaperone to your next..rendezvous. Listen to me Olivia, I know that you are a strong woman, but it is not safe out there. There is a maniac out there, hunting the wealthy."

"That maniac saved my life." Olivia reminded her mother.

"This isn't a game." Moira said. She paused and looked into her daughters eyes. "I lost you once. And I am not going through that again." She stated plaintively. Olivia looked back with genuine remorse.

"Okay. Dig's my guy."

"Thank you." Moira said, and then walked out of the room. Oliver looked up at his body man.

"Sorry to give you so much grief." He said. He almost meant it.

Dig buttoned up his suite jacket and walked around the couch. "I served three tours in Afghanistan, Mrs. Queen. Two in Qurac. You don't even come close to my definition of grief." He paused in front of her. "But I tell you what- you ditch me one more time, no one will have to fire me." With that he left the room

Olivia Queen nodded and sat down on the couch to plan her next move.

Back at the docks, Detective Lance was speaking with Martin Somers about what had happened- or, as Somers put it, didn't happen.

"Well, I owe you an apology, Mr. Somers." Lance was saying, pacing lightly in front of Somers desk. Quentin was wearing his usual police uniform with a pair of white gloves on. He noted a hole in the top of the desk and fingered it idly as Somers sat, watching him. The Vigilante had broken part of Martin's desk when his head was smashed against it but Martin played it off as a slip from a few drinks. The liquor he'd drank and the ice pack on his head helped sell this story.
"We come all the way down to your docks, and it turns out, you don't need the police after all."

"Which is exactly what I've been saying." Somers said. He acted calmly on the outside but the vigilante had frightened him. That lunatic had walked right into his docks and strung him up like a theater prop for target practice and then teleported right back out! That wasn't normal. This vigilante wasn't normal. He hid his right hand under the desk to hide the trembling.

"Yeah." Lance agreed. "So I guess that 9-1-1 call we got last night from your stevedore, saying that you were getting attacked by a guy in a green hood and a bow and arrow… I guess well, was that a practical joke?" he threw out.

Somers smiled tightly. "These guys like to fool around."

"Yeah." Lance said again, walking away from the desk and over towards one of the patrol officers who held an evidence bag. "Well, you know, I'd be very much inclined to believe an honest, upstanding businessman like yourself, except, well, one of my men found this at your docks." He pulled out a green arrow and turned around, showing it to Somers. Somers held his gaze impassively. "You see, there's this vigilante running around." Lance continued, coming back to the desk. He perched on the edge, waving the arrow around slightly. "Thinks she's some kind of Robin Hood. She's robbing the rich, she's trying to teach them a lesson I guess. I don't know," he said, then looked back at the other officers. "I don't know." He repeated, and then looked back at Somers. "But the point is, this lady's a killer. And nothing, and no one, is going to stop me from bringing her down." He gently put the arrow in the hole in the desk; it fit perfectly, to no one's surprise. Lance looked up at Somers with a tight smile. "But like you said, clearly, nothing happened here last night." He finished sarcastically.

Somers looked back at the cop. "Isn't this a conflict of interest, Detective?" he asked. "After all, your daughter is suing me."

"I'm pretty good at keeping my emotions in check." Lance said evenly.

"I'm not." Somers said, rage simmering just beneath the surface. He stood and got into Lance's face. "You and your daughter don't want to find out what I'm capable of when I get emotional." He threatened. Lance gave him a disgusted look. Finally, though, he turned and left.

Thea took a shot at the bar while waiting for her friend to show up.

"Hey you!" Helena slid over to her.

"Sup Hellen?"

"The usual. Yourself?"

"My sister is legally back from the dead now, so I'm celebrating." Thea smiled as the bartender poured her another drink.

"I'll drink to that!" They toasted. "Up for another dance?"

"Hell yeah." Thea downed her drink and they ran up to the dance floor.

In the dark of the club all someone could see were gyrating, dancing and spinning and mischievous eyes. They danced like no-one was watching, but of course they all were but the two women did not care. They jived and boogied and swerved to rave music like it was their last night on Earth. They advanced, retreated, pirouetted, their arms waving from side to side above their heads, their heads swaying, their garments fluttering, their feet kicking up as they danced.

After dancing for what seemed like forever, they sat down at a table and got some more drinks and started talking.

"No, seriously, Olivia hijacked Merlyn's car and took it on a joyride! Now, surprisingly, it came back in one piece but maaaaan the look on his face was priceless! We spent the whole night laughing over it."

"Oh my god that is awesome!" Laughing "Sounds like Olivia's quite the little troublemaker."

"Oh no, she's the big troublemaker I'm the little troublemaker who likes to drive my mom crazy."

"Oh really now?"

"Somebody has to keep her on her toes. Besides the corporate life has to get boring sometimes."

"Ohhhhh I know! Papers, papers, papers, meetings, meetings, meetings, boardroom. It's why nightclubs were invented."

"Hell yeah!"

They drank.

"So you're in corporate?"

"Yeah, my parents wanted me to step up and take the reigns here in Starling City. Figured I'd give it the old College try."

"Mmmmm, well, you will have to rumble with The Queens."

"Oh I'm sure I can handle it."

"Hey, ah, listen. Just watch your back okay? There's this vigilante person running around and all that."

"Thanks Thea, but don't worry, I can handle myself."

"Oooooo you a badass?"

"Like you wouldn't believe."

"I'd love to see your moves."

"Really now?"

Soon after, they brust through the doors to the nightlife and glow of overhead streetlamps. They stumbled around more than a little intoxicated and clutching bottles of whiskey. They finally managed to hail a cab and Helena directed him to her house.

Thea woke up slowly and immediately regretted it. The wine had been intoxicating last night but this morning it just made her nauseated and on top of that her head felt like it was going to crack open. Taking into account her headache, the taste of vomit in her mouth and the feeling of dehydration, she knew she officially had a hangover now. Thea moaned and her eyes fluttered as she tried to take in her surroundings. From what she could tell, she was on a sofa at least with a blanket over her body. She lifted it up a little and sighed with relief that her clothes were still on. Thea then let her head fall back to the pillow.

more_horiz
The sun rays shining from the windows caused her to stir, like a vampire she turned away from the dreadful sunlight.

"Good morning Ms.Queen" Diggle stepped in, having finished opening the curtains. He took note of her hungover state."Normally I'd give a PSA Drinking Is Bad speech. However, given the earful I'm sure your mother and sister will give you, I'm just going to pull a once in a lifetime 'give you a break' card."

OT: Too good to resist Razz

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
The sun rays shining from the windows caused her to stir, like a vampire she turned away from the dreadful sunlight.

"Good morning Ms.Queen" Diggle stepped in, having finished opening the curtains. He took note of her hungover state."Normally I'd give a PSA Drinking Is Bad speech. However, given the earful I'm sure your mother and sister will give you, I'm just going to pull a once in a lifetime 'give you a break' card."

Thea moaned and put a pillow over her head. "Mmmmmorning Mister Diggle." Her voice was muffled and woozy but still as polite as she could manage. "Do I look as bad as I feel?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

Thea moaned and put a pillow over her head. "Mmmmmorning Mister Diggle." Her voice was muffled and woozy but still as polite as she could manage. "Do I look as bad as I feel?"

"When compared to what Olivia looked like after her first all-night drunken marathon, the fact that you didn't spend the night in a bathtub or covered in vomit is quite an accomplishment." He placed a cup of, what appeared to be, warm tea."This will help cure the hangover. It's a remedy I've picked up awhile back. I should warn you that the taste isn't luxurious but it gets the job done. And, in ten minutes, you'll feel the curing process"

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"When compared to what Olivia looked like after her first all-night drunken marathon, the fact that you didn't spend the night in a bathtub or covered in vomit is quite an accomplishment." He placed a cup of, what appeared to be, warm tea."This will help cure the hangover. It's a remedy I've picked up awhile back. I should warn you that the taste isn't luxurious but it gets the job done. And, in ten minutes, you'll feel the curing process"

"Oh Lord I remember that..." She keeps the pillow pressed against her head as she sits up and she fumbles for the cup and she finally gets her hand on it and she sips it and gags but forces herself to swallow it and then she downs the drink and sets it down. "Thanks Mr.Diggle. Woah. Hell of an aftertaste."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"Oh Lord I remember that..." She keeps the pillow pressed against her head as she sits up and she fumbles for the cup and she finally gets her hand on it and she sips it and gags but forces herself to swallow it and then she downs the drink and sets it down. "Thanks Mr.Diggle. Woah. Hell of an aftertaste."

"Yeah, that'll stick with you. I'd recommend an omelette to wash down that taste." Olivia spoke quietly as she entered the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Is that even a question?" Mad

"Don't worry, the other hangovers are never as bad as the first one."

"I ain't drinking like this again so that won't be a problem."

"There you go. Diggle, thank you for assisting my sister. Do you know who dropped her off?"

more_horiz
"The only name the driver provide is Helena" Diggle responds

Inside Helena's private suite she had already freshen up and walked in the kitchen, dressed in a peach colored robe. Her breakfast, that consist of an fruit salad and OJ placed before her on the table. She hears Jade coming in."All those meditation lessons you've given me paid off. Otherwise I'd be curled up on the floor somewhere"

"You're welcome" Jade  Nguyen. a young woman, around Olivia's age, built like Chun Li from street fighter; she stands at 6'1. She has thick black hair and grey eyes, as well as olive-colored skin. She's dressed in a black suit with a white button shirt and a black tie. "You and Ms.Queen have quite the chemistry"

Helena looked up as she took a sip of her drink."How long were you observing us"

"Long enough to see the two of you lit up the dance floor"

"I didn't fool around, that was about the closest thing to second base. Besides we've just met"

"That has never stopped you" Jade noted

Helena smiled"No regrets, Falcone's niece had a great ass anyway. But this is different. Thea knows next to nothing about my...lifestyle and I'd want to keep it that way. And fooling around, based on a secret, just wouldn't feel right"

Jade smiled."Noble choice of words. So what's the first order of business?"

"Research anyone The Vigilante has killed and snatch up their clients. Those who are still alive anyway. Second, I want you to scout this Vigilante. I want to know what motivates this person, if I can find that out then I'd know how to approach him."

"Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots" Jade quoted

Helena nods while eating a strawberry."Something like that"

more_horiz
Legato wrote:

Inside Helena's private suite she had already freshen up and walked in the kitchen, dressed in a peach colored robe. Her breakfast, that consist of an fruit salad and OJ placed before her on the table. She hears Jade coming in."All those meditation lessons you've given me paid off. Otherwise I'd be curled up on the floor somewhere"

"You're welcome" Jade  Nguyen. a young woman, around Olivia's age, built like Chun Li from street fighter; she stands at 6'1. She has thick black hair and grey eyes, as well as olive-colored skin. She's dressed in a black suit with a white button shirt and a black tie. "You and Ms.Queen have quite the chemistry"

Helena looked up as she took a sip of her drink."How long were you observing us"

"I didn't fool around, that was about the closest thing to second base. Besides we've just met"

Helena smiled"No regrets, Falcone's niece had a great ass anyway. But this is different. Thea knows next to nothing about my...lifestyle and I'd want to keep it that way. And fooling around, based on a secret, just wouldn't feel right"

"Research anyone The Vigilante has killed and snatch up their clients. Those who are still alive anyway. Second, I want you to scout this Vigilante. I want to know what motivates this person, if I can find that out then I'd know how to approach him."

"Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots" Jade quoted

"Helena? Hm. You'll have to introduce us. I'd like to thank her in person."

"I'll see what I can do. So what's on your agenda today?"

"Mom's taking me on a tour through Queen Industries' Corporate Offices. You interested?"

"Maybe after this headache fades."

"Gotcha. Get some rest sis."

"Love ya."

Liked the Helena scene too!

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

"Helena? Hm. You'll have to introduce us. I'd like to thank her in person."

"I'll see what I can do. So what's on your agenda today?"

"Mom's taking me on a tour through Queen Industries' Corporate Offices. You interested?"

"Maybe after this headache fades."

"Gotcha. Get some rest sis."

"Love ya."

Liked the Helena scene too!

Queen Consolidated towers. There were three towers in total- the main tower, which held mostly executive offices, stood proudly in the front. Directly behind were two, slightly shorter towers, connected by a sky bridge, that held research labs, stock trading areas, and other departments that made up the Queen Consolidated business.

"As you can see Miss Queen, we've modernized quite a bit." Walter was saying as the elevator opened on the executive level of the main tower. While the elevator banks were set into a rich, green marble, the rest of the floor was all glass and steel. Oliver whistled as Walter led him, Moira and Diggle towards his office.

Olivia smiled at a cute blonde as they walked past. "Hi." He said. Her mother squeezed her arm gently and Olivia stifled a laugh.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" she asked. Olivia smiled in return.

"Yes, I am."

"I remember when your father used to bring you here when you were a young girl." Walter said jovially as they all walked into his office. Diggle took up position by the door. "You always were so excited."

"Dad let me drink soda in the office." Olivia revealed with a smirk.

"Ah!" Moira exclaimed happily. "So that's why you enjoyed coming."

"Queen Consolidated's success of late is a result of its targeted diversification." Walter began as Olivia walked around the office. "We have been making impressive inroads in cutting-edge fields like bio-tech and clean energy."

"That's neat." Olivia interrupted and called out to Walter's secretary, "Excuse me? Can I get a sparkling water, or something cold, please?"

"Sweetheart," Moira said, gesturing at her daughter. "Olive, Walter and I have something to discuss with you. Come, please sit." She motioned towards a chair. Olivia looked at her warily.

"Mooooom, it makes me nervous when you ask me to sit down."

The three stood awkwardly for a moment, before Walter pressed on.

"The company's about to break ground on a new site for the applied sciences division, and we would like to honor your father by dedicating the building in his name." he said. Olivia nodded.

"That's sweet of you. Thanks Walter."

"And we'd like to make an announcement at the dedication," Moira added, "That you will be taking a leadership position in the company."

"Yeeeeeaaaah....I don't think that's a good idea."

"Your company." She emphasized.

Mom. I've been alone on an island for five years. Not exactly a good time to brush up on my businesses skills...and I wasn't exactly responsible before then. 'Sides, Walter is doing a very good job here. A perfectly good job.

"Compliments appreciated Miss Queen."

"Olivia." She gave him a thumbs up.

"You said that you wanted to be a different person." Moira pressed on. "And you are Robert Queen's eldest daughter."

"Mom. Walter, guys, seriously. You say you want what's best for the business, right? So why do you want me in charge when you have a perfectly fine businessman in charge already?" Olivia reasoned.

Moria and Walter paused and glanced at each other. Walter shrugged his shoulders, clearly leaving this decision up to her.

"Ahhh...well. Okay then." Moria took a moment to gather herself and cleared her throat. "Well then Olivia, I expect you to start brushing up on your businesses skills and to take the reigns when you are more prepared. Sound fair?"

"Fair enough."

The secretary walked in with a sparkling water. "Here you are Miss Queen."

"Thank you." Olivia accepted it and tipped her a few hundred. The secretary glanced at Walter who smiled and nodded. She accepted the tip. "Thank you Miss Queen." She headed back to her desk.

Olivia watched her leave and sipped her drink. "Ahhhh. To the future!"

John Diggle watched her. His face was stone as usual but he saw right through her illusions. As a soldier, he knew what it was like to come home to a world you didn't recognize.

The two made their way outside and fought through a sea of reporters to their ride. Diggle got Oliver in, locked the doors to prevent her from escaping again, and then walked around and got in on the other side.

"The driver will be here in a minute." He said as they settled into their seats, the reports still shouting questions outside the car.

"Cool." Olivia replied in a casual tone as she leaned back.

They were silent for a few moments before Diggle spoke up.

"You know, I spent the first 27 years of my life in Starling City, and the next five in Afghanistan." He started. "You want to know what I learned?"

"There's no place like home?" Olivia joked. Diggle smiled and shook his head.

"No, just the opposite. Home is a battlefield." He explained. "Back home, they're all trying to get you. Get you to open up, be somebody you're not sure you are anymore." He paused and looked at the woman. "Or I could be wrong. Maybe after five years alone, you're not as messed up in the head as you have every right to be." He observed.

"You're very observant, Mr. Diggle."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Martin Somers downed a glass of brandy as he continued nursing his head injury. Lance was driving him nuts and his men still hadn't found the archer anywhere. The situation was spiralling so far downward it was about to hit Mexico!

He heard giggling and the sound of a knife sliding across the walls and he sprung up to his feet, gun in hand...and froze as he recognized his business partner.

The dress leaves the top of her shoulders uncovered, but does cover the sides and flows down into a tasteful semi-sweetheart neckline. It's a comfortable fit which covers up her breasts, but does so without making it look awkward or messy.
Her arms are completely uncovered. Which is a good thing too, her silky skin isn't something you want to cover up. The dress' waist is broad, but it's a tight fit. A small, elegant belt helps accentuate her waist without being too much. Below the waist the dress widens and has a ruffle style towards the bottom. The dress reaches to just above her ankles and is longer at the sides and back of the dress. She's wearing kitten heels, they're simple, but radiate grace and refinement. To top it all off she's wearing a simple, but stylish hat and several jeweled bracelets. Silver, curly hair tight in a ponytail reveals a lean, warm face. Dead black eyes, set buried within their sockets, look into the eyes of Martin Somers, betraying her cheerful smile, as bloodlust radiates from her. Soft skin seductively compliments her eyes and leaves a gracious memory of her luck in battles. This is the face of Chien Na Wei, generally referred to as China White, is the top mercenary and assassin of the Chinese Triad. She stands tall above others, with both the looks and height that would imply.

"Zhè shì yíngjiē péngyǒu de fāngshì ma?" She asked.

He put the gun on the desk and sat down. Even with the distance between them, Martin knew she could kill him before he could squeeze the trigger.

"Forgive me. It's been rough here. Victor's death is drawing too much attention. The wrong kind of attention."

China White scoffed as she walked over to him. "I hope this doesn't mean that you'll be backing out of our arrangement: We smuggle in our drugs, you let us use your docks, for which you're paid an awful lot of our money."

"I don't get paid enough to have arrows shot at me." He shot back. "You need to take this guy seriously. He is a bigger threat to your operation than Nocenti ever was."

"Except now it's Nocenti's daughter who's the problem." China White stated. "Unlike your friend with the hood, we know where to find her."

Bad call. You take out Emily Nocenti, and Laurel Lance will never let this go. She won't stop until she burns you, me, and then the entire Triad to the ground."

China White smiled coldly. "Then we kill Miss Lance."

"As fun as that sounds, it will have to wait until tonight, after my trial date. Whatever the result, you can kill her tonight."

___________________________________________________________________________________

Back in the present, Laurel and Joanna were briefing Emily Nocenti on what to expect with the coming trial.

"Well, we anticipate that Somers' attorney will try and paint you as blinded by grief or looking to make a buck." Joanna was saying. Emily looked back at the two lawyers in angry disbelief.

"This isn't about the money." She argued. "I just want justice for my father."

"Emily," Laurel started gently, "There are a lot of people who don't want this trial to proceed. Dangerous people." She explained. Emily just shook her head.

"My mother died when I was a baby, and my father has been the only family I've ever known and they slit his throat. They are going to have to kill me if they want me to give this up." She said determinedly. Laurel gave her a small smile.

"Whatever happens, just know that we'll be right there fighting with you tooth and nail the whole way." Johanna assured her.

"Nobody's dying on our watch."

The trio turned around to see Quentin Lance walking into the room with a group of police officers behind him. Quentin took off his sunglasses and put them in his pocket. "All of you are getting around the clock police protection. No arguments."

"It's Martin isn't it?" Emily realized.

"There's a chance that he's going to target you. So these men will be shadowing you everywhere you go 24/7."

Laurel looked at the police officers Quentin had brought with him. "How many?"

"Four for each of you. Two in here and two more outside waiting for each of you to leave. Wherever you go, they'll go. They will start your cars and they will drive you to wherever you want to go but you will stay within their line of sight at all times. And of course, they will be checking in with me regularly. If anybody doesn't check in, I'm bringing a SWAT Team to your location."

"He's serious."

"And so am I. We'll show Martin what happens when somebody threatens the people of Starling City."

"Um, and, what if the vigilante shows up?" Johanna asked.

"Same thing that happens to the other lawbreakers in my city."

"Fair enough." Laurel sat down with Emily to comfort her. "Do you still want to pursue this?"

"I already told you: I won't rest until Martin pays."

"'Atta girl."

Laurel rubbed her back and the helped her to her feet and the trio prepared for court.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply