ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Superman: Boy Of Steel

power_settings_newLogin to reply
3 posters

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 6 EmptyRe: Superman: Boy Of Steel

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

Later that night, Sasha grabbed a jacket and walked to Greg's house, knocking on his basement door. Greg had been waiting for her and his home lab was all set up. They nodded to each other and Sasha walked inside. The lights were dim, but the glow of the meteor rock chemicals and lightning bugs illuminated enough. Tables were set up with chemistry sets and boxes of various insects stacked on top of each other. Snapping on gloves and a lab coat, Sasha put the goggles over her glasses. "Let's get to work." She said coldly.

The two worked for hours. Testing, drawing dna from the insects, mixing it, melting down small meteor rocks, mixing their concoction with the dna samples and other chemicals, checking their notes multiple times. Finally, after four hours of work, their formulas were ready. Raising the vials up, they gently clinked them and drinking them down. The vials dropped right out of their hands and they began shuddering and fell on the floor and they began convulsing and their bodies went into spasms as their skin turned pale, eyes bugged out and their noses began bleeding. Their fingers started to turn into claws as their bodies ripped out of their clothes as their shadows morphed into grotesque abominations.

The next day...
When Sasha Woodman got on the school bus, her expression was stone cold. But that was not the only change: Her glasses were gone and her hair was looser now and she was wearing more revealing clothing. Not only that, but her body looked more toned now.
She silently walked on and down the aisle, heading to her seat. One of the students stuck out his foot and Sasha calmly pressed down on his foot, causing him to gasp in pain and pull his foot back. Ignoring him, Sasha took her seat and silently slipped off her backpack.
Greg came on soon after. His hair was slicked back along with wearing a black t-shirt and jeans along with tennis shoes and black shades. Smirking at the other students, he walked down the bus aisle, treating the other students as if they were completely below him now.
Sitting down next to Sasha, he relaxed and leaned back.
Kenneth, wearing a large band-aid on his head due to his injury from yesterday, walked on the bus and decided to harass Greg and Sasha in order to ease his physical pain. He walked down the aisle's and attempted to hit Greg on his head only for Greg to grab his hand, push him backwards and trip him, causing Kenneth to fall on his butt. "Walk much, Ken?"
"You little!"
"Take your seat Braverman!"
Kenneth did so and sat down.

Once they got off the bus, Kenneth saw Greg calmly putting away his sunglasses. "Come on Kenneth. Let's go. You and me. Right now."
"You serious? I'll rip your little head off."
"What's wrong? Scared."
"Pfft. You get lucky on the bus and think you're a big man?" Kenneth smiled and got ready to fight. "I'm gonna knock your teeth right out in front of your girl."
"I'll take out the other bugs if they try to interfere."
"Much appreciated. But I don't think Ken's that much of a coward."
Kenneth swung a haymaker at Greg only for Greg to duck his punch, grab his arm, pull Kenneth forward and punch him to the ground.
"Wh-whaaaaat?" Kenneth held his cheek, feeling a great deal of pain in his face.
"Come on, get up tough guy." Greg taunted.
Sasha giggled.

Kenneth's gang of bullies joined up with him. "Sorry children, you've been demoted to worker ants." Sasha said calmly. "The new king and queen have arrived."
"The hell is she talking about?"
"I don't know, just punch their teeth down their throats." Kenneth said and swung at Greg again, who just smiled at him.

Clark was running over to help but stopped when he saw Greg casually duck and dodge out of the way of Kenneth's punches and kicked him in the gut, causing him to fall back and roll on the ground.
Sasha easily blocked punches from Eric and then punched him to the ground while giggling. "Oh man I feel good."
Dustin tried to tackle Greg, who barely moved before turning and throwing him to the ground.
"S-t man, you okay?" Reggie was helping up Kenneth, who shoved him away and started punching at Greg who blocked his punches until he got bored and caught one before punching him down again.
Reggie was about to say something but Sasha ran over, jumped over Kenneth, punched at Reggie and stopped right in front of his face. "You were nice to us yesterday, so you get a pass." She high-fived Greg and they walked away. "Clean up the garbage would you?" Sasha waved her hand.
Reggie watched them go and then turned to help up his friends. Kenneth had yet to learn his lesson though and pushed him away. "Y-you....you think...think is over? It ain't over, not by a long shot! You'll pay...all of you are gonna pay for today!"
"What-ever Ken." Greg waved him off.
The rest picked themselves up. "Ummm...are you okay?" Clark asked Kenneth, offering the bully a hand up. "Piss off Kent. I don't need pity from a dork."
"It wasn't pit-"
"Just shut it." Kenneth wiped his mouth and walked away.
"He...he-he-he'll be fine. J-just...give him a day. Thanks though." Reggie said as the bullies walked off. Clark scratched his head.
"You see all that man? Where were they hiding that?" Whitney asked Clark, as surprised as everybody else.
"My question is, why the overnight change in demeanor?" Clark questioned.

more_horiz
The insects are on the rise!!

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

Later that night, Sasha grabbed a jacket and walked to Greg's house, knocking on his basement door. Greg had been waiting for her and his home lab was all set up. They nodded to each other and Sasha walked inside. The lights were dim, but the glow of the meteor rock chemicals and lightning bugs illuminated enough. Tables were set up with chemistry sets and boxes of various insects stacked on top of each other. Snapping on gloves and a lab coat, Sasha put the goggles over her glasses. "Let's get to work." She said coldly.

The two worked for hours. Testing, drawing dna from the insects, mixing it, melting down small meteor rocks, mixing their concoction with the dna samples and other chemicals, checking their notes multiple times. Finally, after four hours of work, their formulas were ready. Raising the vials up, they gently clinked them and drinking them down. The vials dropped right out of their hands and they began shuddering and fell on the floor and they began convulsing and their bodies went into spasms as their skin turned pale, eyes bugged out and their noses began bleeding. Their fingers started to turn into claws as their bodies ripped out of their clothes as their shadows morphed into grotesque abominations.

The next day...
When Sasha Woodman got on the school bus, her expression was stone cold. But that was not the only change: Her glasses were gone and her hair was looser now and she was wearing more revealing clothing. Not only that, but her body looked more toned now.
She silently walked on and down the aisle, heading to her seat. One of the students stuck out his foot and Sasha calmly pressed down on his foot, causing him to gasp in pain and pull his foot back. Ignoring him, Sasha took her seat and silently slipped off her backpack.
Greg came on soon after. His hair was slicked back along with wearing a black t-shirt and jeans along with tennis shoes and black shades. Smirking at the other students, he walked down the bus aisle, treating the other students as if they were completely below him now.
Sitting down next to Sasha, he relaxed and leaned back.
Kenneth, wearing a large band-aid on his head due to his injury from yesterday, walked on the bus and decided to harass Greg and Sasha in order to ease his physical pain. He walked down the aisle's and attempted to hit Greg on his head only for Greg to grab his hand, push him backwards and trip him, causing Kenneth to fall on his butt. "Walk much, Ken?"
"You little!"
"Take your seat Braverman!"
Kenneth did so and sat down.

Once they got off the bus, Kenneth saw Greg calmly putting away his sunglasses. "Come on Kenneth. Let's go. You and me. Right now."
"You serious? I'll rip your little head off."
"What's wrong? Scared."
"Pfft. You get lucky on the bus and think you're a big man?" Kenneth smiled and got ready to fight. "I'm gonna knock your teeth right out in front of your girl."
"I'll take out the other bugs if they try to interfere."
"Much appreciated. But I don't think Ken's that much of a coward."
Kenneth swung a haymaker at Greg only for Greg to duck his punch, grab his arm, pull Kenneth forward and punch him to the ground.
"Wh-whaaaaat?" Kenneth held his cheek, feeling a great deal of pain in his face.
"Come on, get up tough guy." Greg taunted.
Sasha giggled.

Kenneth's gang of bullies joined up with him. "Sorry children, you've been demoted to worker ants." Sasha said calmly. "The new king and queen have arrived."
"The hell is she talking about?"
"I don't know, just punch their teeth down their throats." Kenneth said and swung at Greg again, who just smiled at him.

Clark was running over to help but stopped when he saw Greg casually duck and dodge out of the way of Kenneth's punches and kicked him in the gut, causing him to fall back and roll on the ground.
Sasha easily blocked punches from Eric and then punched him to the ground while giggling. "Oh man I feel good."
Dustin tried to tackle Greg, who barely moved before turning and throwing him to the ground.
"S-t man, you okay?" Reggie was helping up Kenneth, who shoved him away and started punching at Greg who blocked his punches until he got bored and caught one before punching him down again.
Reggie was about to say something but Sasha ran over, jumped over Kenneth, punched at Reggie and stopped right in front of his face. "You were nice to us yesterday, so you get a pass." She high-fived Greg and they walked away. "Clean up the garbage would you?" Sasha waved her hand.
Reggie watched them go and then turned to help up his friends. Kenneth had yet to learn his lesson though and pushed him away. "Y-you....you think...think is over? It ain't over, not by a long shot! You'll pay...all of you are gonna pay for today!"
"What-ever Ken." Greg waved him off.
The rest picked themselves up. "Ummm...are you okay?" Clark asked Kenneth, offering the bully a hand up. "Piss off Kent. I don't need pity from a dork."
"It wasn't pit-"
"Just shut it." Kenneth wiped his mouth and walked away.
"He...he-he-he'll be fine. J-just...give him a day. Thanks though." Reggie said as the bullies walked off. Clark scratched his head.
"You see all that man? Where were they hiding that?" Whitney asked Clark, as surprised as everybody else.
"My question is, why the overnight change in demeanor?" Clark questioned.

"Can you blame them?" Whitney asked. "Those guys are jerks to everybody. It's only natural that they decided to take a stand."
"Maybe. But it doesn't explain all of their kung-fu moves."
"You don't think they're...you know....infected do you?" Whitney whispered as he and Clark walked into school.
"I...don't know. Aside from acting different, they aren't showing any real powers."
"Then it's the Matrix."
"Whitney."
"Clark."
"I'm serious here."
"So am I. Look, the other two freaks went on rampages and showed crazy powers right? They haven't done so. Yet. So until we have proof, we give them the benefit of the doubt." Whitney shrugged. "Besides, even if they do, it's just Ken and his cronies."
"Look, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for right now. Let's just keep an eye on them."
"Good idea. Later man."

Students avoided Greg and Sasha in the school, swerving out of their way. "This is so cool."
"This is just the start Greg. We're going to grow and become even better than we are now. Much better."
"We can make the world better."
"One step at a time." Sasha smiled. "I want to see you on track later. I want to see how fast we really are."
"See you there after lunch."

On the way to class, Tina walked over to Sasha and was about to put a hand on her shoulder to talk to her. "Hi Tina."
"Woah. I mean, uh, hey. You guys feeling alright?"
"Like a million bucks."
"So, what was all that outside today?"
"Just putting some dung beetles in their places." Greg shrugged.
"Dung beetles?"
"Scarabaeus viettei." Sasha said. "They primarily feed on s-"
"I know. Just, that's kind of a random thing to call somebody."
"They're bullies so it's okay." Greg smirked.
"Thanks for yesterday by the way. I owe you one. Danus."
"I'm a what now?'
Danaus plexippus. Monarch Butterfly."
"Yeah." Sasha nodded. "It suits you."
"Monarch huh? I can live with that."
"Great. Hey, we gotta get to class so-"
"Right, I know. Could you teach me some of the advanced stuff later?"
"Be glad to!" The two ran off to class.
"Tina the Monarch." She nodded. "I like it."

Jodi tapped her pencil's eraser on the desk and waved to her friends as they arrived in really in Trig. "Feeling good today?"
"You have no idea girl." She and Sasha fist bumped.
"How about you?"
"A tad hungry, but I'm good. Got your homework?"
"Triple checked it."
"See, me? I only double check."
"Can't be too careful."

Clark, Chloe and Lana worked through class. While doing so, Clark also jotted down everything he had seen today.
-Taller.
-Greatly Increased Confidence
-Arrogance
-Possible cruelty?
-Narcissism?
-Increased Fighting Skill
-Increased Athletic Ability
-Increased Strength
Meteor Infected: Y or N?
N. For now.

"Clark, what are you doing?"
"Oh, ah, nothing. Just a little extra work of my own."
"Cool. You got your papers signed?"
"You know it."
"Cool, now I-"

"Miss Sullivan? Mister Kent? Save it for Senior Prom!"

Chloe and Clark went back to work while Lana stifled a laugh.

Thankfully, the rest of the day was uneventful. Clark kept an eye out at first but he gradually relaxed. "Ahhh, maybe I'm just imagining it." He said to himself. "Come on Clark, get it together." (The meteor fear has got me paranoid. Maybe I'll visit Jane after school. See how she's doing. That should cheer me up. Besides, who am I to worry about other people acting different? I am an alien.)

Chemistry Class.

"Okay students, now let's see who was paying attention and can replicate this experiment."

The students worked hard and diligently. Kenneth even managed to pull it off despite in a raging, seething mad mood today, unable to wrap his mind around how a couple of scrawny punks whipped his butt in public. Burying it, he continued his work in class. After all, it would come in handy tonight at the P lab. Maybe then he could get some candy in his system to calm himself down.

"I'm telling you, we're golden. Once people understand what we're doing here, our names will be forever remembered as geniuses. Nobel prizes, money, fame and adoration, gasp! Documentaries!"
"Weren't you just saying we should take this one step at a time." Greg laughed as he and Sasha walked out onto the track.
"I can't help it! Come on, you feel it too don't you? We're invincible now Greg. We can do anything we want."
"For now, let's run."
The two took off, running at amazing speeds, quickly accelerating to the level of an Olympic sprinter and then blowing past that and reaching up to 60MPH. They ran a few laps and found their top speed was 70MPH. Six laps at that speed and they weren't even winded. "It's amazing. We're amazing." Sasha took a running jump onto the roof and turned around and looked out at the field and beyond. "Come on up here, I want to test our eyesight."
"Good idea." Greg smiled and soon joined her. They closed their eyes and squeezed them shut. Opening them again, their eyes had changed completely. Becoming the compound eyes of a fly. "Ohhh my god, can you see all of this?" Sasha asked, amazed.
"I see it. I see all of it."
The two held their hands. "We have to spread it."
"What?"
"People have to know what this is like. If we bring in others, if they see the world the way we do, imagine what that could be like. We'll build our colony. Right here in Smallville. And we will be their rulers. Let the students settle for something as petty as Prom Royalty. We will be King and Queen of it all. Greg...we can do anything now. We can even rule the world."

more_horiz
"I...don't know. Aside from acting different, they aren't showing any real powers."
"Then it's the Matrix."

Ah Whitney. You've just made your very first funny quote Laughing 

Epic update as always.

Whitney upgraded as a member of the Mystery Inc gang. Interesting development

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
"Then it's the Matrix."

Ah Whitney. You've just made your very first funny quote Laughing 

Epic update as always.

Whitney upgraded as a member of the Mystery Inc gang. Interesting development

Yep. He's hanging with the team now.  Very Happy 

Glad you liked the funny.

Bonus points if you can figure out exactly what kind of lab Kenneth is working in.  What a Face 

more_horiz
It's percolating, their villainy is shining

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
It's percolating, their villainy is shining

be or become full of lively activity or excitement.
 study cheers 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

"People have to know what this is like. If we bring in others, if they see the world the way we do, imagine what that could be like. We'll build our colony. Right here in Smallville. And we will be their rulers. Let the students settle for something as petty as Prom Royalty. We will be King and Queen of it all. Greg...we can do anything now. We can even rule the world."

"World domination? Seriously?"

"Why not? It's not like anybody will be able to stop us."

"If we're going to do this, shouldn't we dilute it first? Kinda be hard to rule the world if everybody is as strong as us."

"Okay, we'll dial it down and find a way to spread it to the town all at once."

"Alright. So you're in?"

"I guess...right now, let's just...sleep on this okay?"

"Okay. We'll think about it and then discuss it tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. I'll see you then Sasha." Greg hopped down.

Sasha enjoyed the view for a few minutes longer before speeding off.

Clark hung out until class ended and then he sped off to the prison.

Jane Lake was sleeping on the prison bed when the guard started banging on her cell. "Hey Snow Globe! You've got a visitor!"

"Y'know, it's funny. I can never remember your name either." Jane remarked and stood up. "Is it my family again?"

"No, just some geek." The guard shrugged. "No turn around with your hands behind your back."

Jane did as they asked as the gurds in thermal wear walked over and placed the handcuffs around her wrists and lead her to the visitor room.
She sat down and looked at the visitor, which surprised her. She picked up the phone and spoke into it. "Clark Kent. It's been a long time."
"Yes it has Jane Blake. How are you?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"If we're going to do this, shouldn't we dilute it first? Kinda be hard to rule the world if everybody is as strong as us."

"Alright. So you're in?"

Jane Lake was sleeping on the prison bed when the guard started banging on her cell. "Hey Snow Globe! You've got a visitor!"

"Y'know, it's funny. I can never remember your name either." Jane remarked and stood up. "Is it my family again?"

"No, just some geek." The guard shrugged. "No turn around with your hands behind your back."

Jane did as they asked as the gurds in thermal wear walked over and placed the handcuffs around her wrists and lead her to the visitor room.
She sat down and looked at the visitor, which surprised her. She picked up the phone and spoke into it. "Clark Kent. It's been a long time."
"Yes it has Jane. How are you?"

"I can't complain. I did this to myself after all and nobody bothers me."
"That's good."
"How's The Blur?"
"I haven't seen him, but, I'm sure he's safe and watching over Smallville."
Jane gave him a knowing smile. "I'm glad to hear that. Smallville is going to need a hero like him around. If more monsters like me show up."
"You're not a monster Jane. You have just made some mistakes in your life."
"That's sweet of you Clark, but my point stands. There's bound to be more super humans and meteor infected in the town. The civilians will be afraid."
Clark looked down. "They are. I think paranoia could be setting in."
"Paranoia huh? I'm sorry. I can't take back what I did, but The Blur can help them. He saved me and he saved the town. He can show the world that superhumans can be good. That we can help people."
"He can be a symbol. An ambassador." Clark spoke his thoughts out loud. He'd been hiding for so long, so worried about what people would think if they knew about him. But, when he revealed himself, when he began saving lives in the open, everybody was so thankful. So grateful to him. Maybe...maybe the world was ready. Maybe it was time for The Blur to really step out into the light. "Jane, when you were out wandering the world, did you...see any others? Heroes? Superhumans?"
"A few...I-I was in a bad place, I rejected their offers of help like a fool. But, I did hear rumors of other super humans. There was one in particular that amazed me. About a wondrous woman, who descended from the skies like a goddess in times of need. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, maybe we need people like her. Super Heroes. To stop the villains and people who lose their way. To guide us back into the light."
"A Wonder Woman huh? I'll look into these rumors and see what I can find out."
"Time's up snowcone!"
Jane nodded and stood up. "Do the right thing Clark."
"I will. And Jane? Thank you."
"Any time." Jane and Clark hung up and walked away.
Smiling, Clark sped home.

more_horiz
I like the callback and Clark visiting Jane has a heartwarming moment I love you 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
I like the callback and Clark visiting Jane has a heartwarming moment I love you 

Thanks man. Very Happy 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Alright. So you're in?"

"Yes it has Jane. How are you?"

"I can't complain. I did this to myself after all and nobody bothers me."
"That's good."
"How's The Blur?"
"I haven't seen him, but, I'm sure he's safe and watching over Smallville."
Jane gave him a knowing smile. "I'm glad to hear that. Smallville is going to need a hero like him around. If more monsters like me show up."
"You're not a monster Jane. You have just made some mistakes in your life."
"That's sweet of you Clark, but my point stands. There's bound to be more super humans and meteor infected in the town. The civilians will be afraid."
Clark looked down. "They are. I think paranoia could be setting in."
"Paranoia huh? I'm sorry. I can't take back what I did, but The Blur can help them. He saved me and he saved the town. He can show the world that super-humans can be good. That we can help people."
"He can be a symbol. An ambassador." Clark spoke his thoughts out loud. He'd been hiding for so long, so worried about what people would think if they knew about him. But, when he revealed himself, when he began saving lives in the open, everybody was so thankful. So grateful to him. Maybe...maybe the world was ready. Maybe it was time for The Blur to really step out into the light. "Jane, when you were out wandering the world, did you...see any others? Heroes? Super-humans?"
"A few...I-I was in a bad place, I rejected their offers of help like a fool. But, I did hear rumors of other super humans. There was one in particular that amazed me. About a wondrous woman, who descended from the skies like a goddess in times of need. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, maybe we need people like her. Super Heroes. To stop the villains and people who lose their way. To guide us back into the light."
"A Wonder Woman huh? I'll look into these rumors and see what I can find out."
"Time's up snowcone!"
Jane nodded and stood up. "Do the right thing Clark."
"I will. And Jane? Thank you."
"Any time." Jane and Clark hung up and walked away.
Smiling, Clark sped home.

Clark arrived home at super speed and walked inside. "Hi Mom, Hi Dad, I'm home!"

"Hi honey, how was school?" Martha asked.
"Kinda crazy. I think two students at my school might be developing superpowers."
"You mean like Jane and the other boy?" Jonathan asked.
"Yeah." Clark set his bag down and informed his parents about the fight at the school. "Don't get me wrong, I understand that people can bulk up, but they changed overnight and their personality was way different. They've never had that kind of attitude before."
"And it does seem that gaining these powers changes their personalities. No offense Clark." Jonathan said.
"None taken dad."
"So...should we do something?" Martha asked.
"Well, they haven't broken any laws and from what I hear, they were defending themselves from these bullies." Jonathan pointed out. "Still, I think it would be best if you keep an eye out in case they start manifesting powers."
"Right, and that brings me to my next point. I need a costume."
"A what now?"
"I paid Jane a visit and while we were talking, we discussed the fear of super-humans that has been building up. People are getting scared and I don't blame them. That fear, will lead to paranoia and that won't lead anywhere good. That's why I'm needed. I can show everybody that super-humans aren't something to fear, that we can help the world."
"A superhero huh? Well, son, you should think about this. It will be a massive responsibility for you to handle. If you do this, the chances are, you're going to make enemies."
"I knew that back when I stopped the bank robbery."
"We trust you Clark, but, are you sure about this? You will be out there, in danger, constantly."
"No more than I've been already stopping the meteor infected."
Jonathan and Martha looked at each other, both agreeing that Clark's mind was made up. "Okay son, but, just be careful alright?"
"If you're going to do this, then, you'll need a new name. I'm not sure if The Blur is going to open people's hearts up."
"Me either...I have an idea for it, but I want to talk to Jor-El first."
"Jor-El? Clark, the last time you tried that, you completely freaked out."
"I'm ready this time. I can handle it. Come on."
The three walked down into the cellar to speak with Jor-El.

more_horiz
A genre savvy Clark? I like this Very Happy

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
A genre savvy Clark? I like this Very Happy

You know it!
Besides, Superhuman Intelligence is one of Superman's powers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman
It'll be shown, Clark learns from each fight and starts utilizing clever usages of his powers in combat.

more_horiz

As they were walking down to the Cellar, Clark readied himself while he remembered all of what happened the last time he tried tangling with alien technology.

Admin wrote:

"If I was brought here in this thing, why would it hurt me now?" Clark reasoned as he reached out and grabbed the box. He examined it until his two thumbs brushed against the S.
And there was light. Brilliant bright light shined out of it, causing Clark's hair to stand up and his eyes go white. His mind was elsewhere now, seeing a beautiful green world slowly rot and decay, he saw a space ship fly away from it, he saw a man and his wife, he saw soldiers, a General, he saw people, he saw the planet blow up. He heard voices in his head and saw symbols, bizarre, alien symbols that, strangely enough, spoke to him. He could read them as if they were simple English!
Superman: Boy Of Steel - Page 6 Message

And a voice echoed through his mind. And a name was given to him: Kal-El.

And then he was back. Clark fell over but Jonathan caught his son. Clark blinked a few times. "D-d-dooom..."
"Doom? What doom?" Martha asked.
"Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope." They helped Clark get up as he looked at the spaceship. "Last hope...last." Clark hung his head. "Last. Alone. He was alone. The last hope of a planet that exploded, the son of two parents who sent him away so he could live. And now they were dead, gone with the rest of his home world. "No...no...I-I don't want this!" Clark cried out. "I don't want to be....some alien...THING! I want to be me! I want to be Clark Kent! I want to be your son!"
His parents knelt down and hugged him. "Clark, you are our son."

Clark took out the box and crouched down and put his thumbs on it again as he sat down cross-legged and readied himself. At first, it was exactly the same. But this time, instead of being shocked and scared, Clark relaxed and welcomed the information, letting it flow into his mind with ease. Once he absorbed the initial information, he found himself standing in a white void. Clark looked around in surprise, initially wondering if he'd been somehow sucked into the box itself. "Mom? Dad?" He heard a noise and saw static images coming together, forming a man and a woman wearing white robes with a black S symbol on their chests. He saw them, these were his birth parents. Clark stepped forward, awestruck at seeing them. He reached out to touch them but his hand passed right through them, the images flickering. "Who....are you? Why did you send me here?" Clark asked.

"My name is Jor-El. I am your father." Jor-El smiled.
"My name is Lara Lor Van El, I am you mother." The woman spoke up.

Clark nodded. So these were recordings. Pieces of information that his parents had created and placed inside the box to speak with him.

"You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father, the son. This is all I can send you, Kal-El. Even though you've been raised as a human, you are not one of them. You have great powers, only some of which you have as yet discovered. The only way to know how strong you will become, is to keep testing your limits."

"Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."

Lara spoke next, smiling at her son. "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders. The name of El means Light as we are descended from Rao himself. Because of that, our family crest, this symbol, became synonymous with hope. Embodied within that hope is the fundamental belief the potential of every person to be a force for good. That's what you can bring them."

"Bring them hope son. You are as much a child of Earth now as you are of Krypton. You can embody the best of both worlds. When you are ready, this box will open." It appeared in Jor-El's hand and he held it out to Clark. "It will open and you will be guided to the proper location for it's usage."

Clark nodded, understanding. "Goodbye my son, we will speak with you again."

the recording deactivated and Clark was back. He shook his head and took a deep breath and put the box away. "Okay.....that was intense."

"And then I met my parents and their names are Jor-El and Lara they told me they sent me here because the planet was having problems and that they knew the Earth would make me strong and to test my powers and to bring hope to the whole world and that my name is Kal-El and what the family crest means, that's hope, and that I can save lives with my powers!" Clark explained in a rush to Jonathan and Martha. "MAN THAT WAS AMAZING!" He yelled and sat down on the couch.

"You catch all of that?" Jonathan asked Martha.
"Yeah. Clark...this is amazing! You know who you are now! You-You met your...real....parents."
Clark sat up and hugged them both. "Lara and Jor may have given birth to me, but you guys raised me, you've been here my whole life. You're my parents."
Jonathan and Martha sniffled and hugged each other just as much as they hugged Clark.
After parting, they got some food and drinks to celebrate. "So! You know your heritage now eh?"
"Oh yeah, and it's amazing. In fact, it's giving me some ideas."
"Like?"
"Well, whatever I wear, it should have the S on it. Front and center. Attention grabbing. People need to know, that when they see the S, that it's a sign of hope and justice. Now, in that vision-recording, it was big and black, but that won't work. It needs to bright. Colorful. And Red. And Yellow. That'll make it stand out more to people. And I'm thinking blue for the rest. Just big, bright, blue." Clark ate some food and washed it down.
"It'll need a cape." Martha said thoughtfully.
"A cape?"
"Yeah, it'll make you look dynamic and cool."
"Dynamic huh? Okay. A cape it is."
"Do you think you should add gloves?" Jonathan asked. "Obviously, fingerprints."
"Yeah...I've got some ideas. Come on, let's party!" Clark sped over to the radio and turned it on. The Kents partied for a few hours until they remembered Clark had homework to do. He got to work on it while watching TV and doodling a design in his sketchbook.

http://my-fan-art.wikispaces.com/file/view/Blur_to_Superman.jpg/290760177/Blur_to_Superman.jpg
http://my-fan-art2.wikispaces.com/file/view/Smallville.jpg/238955077/Smallville.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/055/f/3/SUPERMAN_2_by_4DAFUNKOFIT.jpg

While he was working, Jonathan walked in. "Hey Son."
"Hi dad."
"Is that your costume?"
"An idea for it, yeah. So, I need a name..."
"Superhuman Man?"
"Close...but no. But you're on the right track. It's a theme, right? A Super Alien, A Superhuman, Super Powers, Super Clark...Super...I've got it! SUPERBOY!"

more_horiz
I like this scene. Used a combination of elements from the Reeves Superman and MOS Superman and it even made AI Jor-El less of a dick when compared to the TV Series version. Also it's refreshing to see Clark using his brain, what some people would fail to realize is that Superman isn't just known as the guy who likes to punch things. He also can be pretty cunning when need be. Superman 2 showcased that.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
I like this scene. Used a combination of elements from the Reeves Superman and MOS Superman and it even made AI Jor-El less of a dick when compared to the TV Series version. Also it's refreshing to see Clark using his brain, what some people would fail to realize is that Superman isn't just known as the guy who likes to punch things. He also can be pretty cunning when need be. Superman 2 showcased that.

Dude is the leader of the Justice League for a reason and I wanted a properly done Jor-El.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

Dude is the leader of the Justice League for a reason and I wanted a properly done Jor-El.
There is also a reason why even Batman respects him Smile

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:

There is also a reason why even Batman respects him Smile

Batman: I've got some things to say. I should've said them when you were here, but... Despite our differences, I have nothing but respect for you. I hope you knew... know that. You taught me that justice doesn't have to come from the darkness. I'll miss... (explosion off in the distance) What did you call it, Clark? The "Never-Ending Battle"?

I love you

more_horiz

But not everything was peaceful in Smallville.

Greg and Sasha were hard at work in their lab to produce more of their bug transformation serum. Normally, their insect pets would be locked up in their cages and containers, but they weren't. Instead, the bugs were crawling all over the floor and around on them while the dragonflies flew around the room and occasionally landed on one of the two or on a table.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Greg and Sasha were hard at work in their lab to produce more of their bug transformation serum. Normally, their insect pets would be locked up in their cages and containers, but they weren't. Instead, the bugs were crawling all over the floor and around on them while the dragonflies flew around the room and occasionally landed on one of the two or on a table.

"O-Kay, this is going great. We've dialed down the serum enough now." Greg said. "Anymore and they won't be useful to us."
"Understood." Sasha said and looked at the serum. "So, where should we disperse it? In the river?"
"No. I thought about that on the way home today. Look, if we do that, then we risk of it being diluted down too much." Greg explained. "At most, we'll get people sick. No, if we're to make this work, we'll need to convert it into a gas and spray it out of a gas canister on the civilians. We'll transform them-"
Sasha held up her hand and the bugs crawled onto it and the flyers flew around it. "And control them." She finished. "Just like we can control these. Once Smallville is under our control, we can march on Metropolis and take over there. With millions of super powerful insect warriors and all of the insects around for our army, it will be no time at all before we're ruling the world. All of those years of pain, of humiliation, all of that will be forgotten. We will change the world and stand at the top of it all as King and Queen of the hive." She laughed.
"Yeah." Greg said and looked at the potion. "It'll all change for us."
"Do you think we should change the ice woman?"
"Man I don't even know how that would affect her. It would be best not to bother with her until we have an army at our backs. The same with the blur."
"Good idea. We'll figure out how to deal with them later."
"Of course. Come on, let's figure out the gas dispensers."

Update! Laughing Basketball afro

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"O-Kay, this is going great. We've dialed down the serum enough now." Greg said. "Anymore and they won't be useful to us."
"Understood." Sasha said and looked at the serum. "So, where should we disperse it? In the river?"
"No. I thought about that on the way home today. Look, if we do that, then we risk of it being diluted down too much." Greg explained. "At most, we'll get people sick. No, if we're to make this work, we'll need to convert it into a gas and spray it out of a gas canister on the civilians. We'll transform them-"
Sasha held up her hand and the bugs crawled onto it and the flyers flew around it. "And control them." She finished. "Just like we can control these. Once Smallville is under our control, we can march on Metropolis and take over there. With millions of super powerful insect warriors and all of the insects around for our army, it will be no time at all before we're ruling the world. All of those years of pain, of humiliation, all of that will be forgotten. We will change the world and stand at the top of it all as King and Queen of the hive." She laughed.
"Yeah." Greg said and looked at the potion. "It'll all change for us."
"Do you think we should change the ice woman?"
"Man I don't even know how that would affect her. It would be best not to bother with her until we have an army at our backs. The same with the blur."  
"Good idea. We'll figure out how to deal with them later."
"Of course. Come on, let's figure out the gas dispensers."

Update! Laughing Basketball afro

Lex looked out the window of his study in the Luthor Mansion while leaning back in his chair and discussing business over the phone. "Yes General Eiling, do not get me wrong, I agree that the meteor infection is a threat, but not a national one. We can still contain the threat. The Ice Woman is docile for now and the fireman remains comatose. He will remain there until the prison has been built. I'm going to take every precaution. You did receive the information on The Blur correct? Okay, good. No, I don't know it's full capabilities just yet." Lex listened to Eiling and smirked. "Yes, it. Do you really think a human would have all of those powers? My own theory is that he is either the cause of the infection or the original. I'm going to keep an eye on him for right now and proceed slowly. If The Blur becomes a problem, then we can proceed forward. Getting back to the topic of the Ice Woman..." He listened to Eiling. "No General, I don't think cutting her open is necessary. My goal is to cure the infected, or at the very least, understand how to control them. Next to The Blur, the Ice Woman is the most powerful creature we've seen so far, so I will be focusing my efforts on her. I...yes, yes...of course." He paused. Listened and resisted a laugh long enough to calm himself. "General, if you have a problem with my plans, I suggest you take it up with my associate, Waller. Good, thank you. We'll be in touch." He hung up. "That went as expected." Lex turned around in the chair and handed the phone to Mercy.
"Will he be a problem for us?" She asked.
"Knowledge is power, Mercy dear. With the information that I know, General Eiling knows to tread lightly against me." Lex relaxed. "Besides, with the arrangements I've made, he can't come here anyway. For now, we need to focus our efforts on completing the prison, finding The Blur, tracking down the remaining infected....and understanding these meteor rocks." Lex reached into his desk and pulled out a small, lead box. "At the very least, we know that their radiation can be blocked by lead, so that's comforting."
"What kind of team do you want on the infected project?"
"A small team, covert OPS, who can keep this quiet. We don't need the people panicking. The prison team will be using the LuthorCorp Brand Hazmat Suits. I don't want to risk any infections among my own staff."
"You mean it can actually spread out of an infected?"
Lex shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not, but why take the risk?"
The phone rang again. Lex gestured to Mercy and she handed it to him. "Hello, Lex Luthor speaking." A pause. Lex stood right up "I'm sorry...is this a joke?!"
Lex paused and listened to the voice on the other end. He blinked and he slowly lowered his phone as he needed a moment to gather himself.
"Sir?" Mercy asked.
Lex chuckled to himself. "And here I thought you were dead." He shook his head and raised the phone back up. "Welcome back to the living, Oliver."

Last edited by Admin on Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Arrow reference FTW!!! Very Happy

Awesome Lex intro too.

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Arrow reference FTW!!! Very Happy

Awesome Lex intro too.

Thank you! cheers

more_horiz
The next few days in Smallville were peaceful as the insectoids planned their revenge, Luthor continued work on his facility and Clark gathered the materials to make his costume. It would take awhile, but with his speed, it was still a cinch.
When he wasn't working on his project or school, Clark was off in the woods with several books on vocal chords, practicing something in secret.
At school, there were no problems. Greg and Sasha were excelling in their classes as always and Sasha even showed some amazing basketball moves in gym class.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0roGH0afL3Y
When Chloe questioned her about it, Sasha just shrugged and said that she'd been watching a lot of NBA lately and practicing in her spare time.
Clark couldn't shake the feeling that something was up with them, but as far as he could tell, they were normal, albeit much more athletic than before. But the meteor infected he'd fought before had been out of control and showed visible superhuman powers, and they were still normal as far as Clark could tell, so there didn't seem to be a problem.

After a few days of his secret practice, Clark zipped into the house, a big smile on his face. "Good news guys! I've finally figured it out."

"Figured out what Clark? A new power?" Martha asked.
"Kinda. It's a new aspect of my powers. I figure...if I'm going to be running around saving people, I'll need...something...extra. Something to further hide my identity."
"A mask?" Jonathan joked.
Clark grinned. "You guys are gonna love this." He cleared his throat, sang a little, took a deep breath ad then spoke to them. "Like what I'm doing with my voice?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGJQB7S9Ok
His parents stared at him wide eyed. Shocked

"Cool huh? It took some practice and a lot of research into the subject, but I figured out that by controlling and speeding up my vocal chords, I can do reaaaally cool things with my voice."

"Clark! That is amazing!" Martha laughed. "I had no idea something like that was even possible!"

"So, by, speeding them up....do you mean like some kind of...super...muscle control? Vibrating the chords or something?" Jonathan asked.

"Yes! That's it! Exactly." Clark switched back to normal voice. "I think this is really going to help out with hiding my identity."
"Your powers are growing like a weed everyday Clark." Jonathan laughed. "You're developing new ones all the time!"
"All the better to protect everybody." Clark said and zipped into the kitchen, grabbed an apple and ran back and sat down. "I'm telling you, I've got this."
"Clark, has there been any new signs of meteor infected?" Martha asked.
"Nope and that's the best part. I mean, two students at my school are getting really athletic, but nothing too strange. I think we're fine for now. I'll patrol every now and then but for the most part, I think we can take it easy for awhile." He remembered something from school. "By the way, there's an assembly coming up."
"On what?"

"On the meteor infected." Greg said to Sasha as their pet insects crawled around on them. "Lex is gonna be there, giving the big speech. It's the perfect chance. With everybody gathered together like this, we can get the whole school infected in one spray."
"Gotta love the irony of it don't you? It'll be some long boring speech about humanity and how the freaks are bad and you shouldn't trust the outsiders and then we go and improve all of humanity at once." Sasha grinned as the bees crawled on her face. "Our hive will begin here in Smallville and from there it will grow." She stood up and hugged him tight. "It'll be beautiful. We'll turn the whole world into our colony."
Greg hugged her back. "Just imagine it Sasha. A world with no crime or hate and everybody knowing their place. A world without prejudice. No more cruelty. No more pain. We'll make the world great again."
"Soon Greg, soon, we are going to save the world." They leaned into one another and kissed deeply as their insects flew up into the air and circled them together.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply