ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Superman: Boy Of Steel

power_settings_newLogin to reply
3 posters

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 2 EmptyRe: Superman: Boy Of Steel

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Clark decided to introduce himself. He cleared his throat and walked over. "Hi." He said to Lana.

Lana turned to him and smiled"Hello" as she faced him he caught sight of her necklace

http://s31.dawandastatic.com/Product/4302/4302682/long/1245864065-812.jpg?20090624170612

" Lana Lang" she introduces, offering her hand to him. As she approached closer Clark started to not feel too well

Clark was about to shake her hand when he felt something new....pain. A sharp pain in his heart, a shortness of breath, he felt....dizzy. Trying to shrug it off, he offered his hand and shook hers. "Clark....Clark Kent."

"He's the new guy." Chloe smiled.

Lana noticed Clark's discomfort, with Chloe's comment about him being new she just chalked it up to him being nervous" Welcome to Smallville High, home of the Smallville Crows" she said in a tone that is welcoming

"Thanks. Great to be here." Clark smiled. "I..actually already made friends, with Whitney and Jimmy." The pain just kept getting worse, he could feel his arm starting to numb, his vision was blurring. "Uhm....one...one minute. Had a lot to drink." He said and walked into the bathroom, closing the door, he fell over onto the sink. Clark took deep breaths as he felt his body go back to normal. His vision cleared up, the pain went away and he stood up straighter. Clark splashed water on his face. "What's wrong with me?"

"Wow....somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Chloe commented.

"I'm sure it's just first day jitters Chloe. Happens with the rest of us" Lana said to Chloe

Clark took a few deep breaths and then walked out and was immediately hit by the pain in his chest again. He fought through it the best he could and put on a smile. "Sorry about that, jitters."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Clark decided to introduce himself. He cleared his throat and walked over. "Hi." He said to Lana.

Lana turned to him and smiled"Hello" as she faced him he caught sight of her necklace

http://s31.dawandastatic.com/Product/4302/4302682/long/1245864065-812.jpg?20090624170612

" Lana Lang" she introduces, offering her hand to him. As she approached closer Clark started to not feel too well

Clark was about to shake her hand when he felt something new....pain. A sharp pain in his heart, a shortness of breath, he felt....dizzy. Trying to shrug it off, he offered his hand and shook hers. "Clark....Clark Kent."

Lana noticed Clark's discomfort, with Chloe's comment about him being new she just chalked it up to him being nervous" Welcome to Smallville High, home of the Smallville Crows" she said in a tone that is welcoming

"Thanks. Great to be here." Clark smiled. "I..actually already made friends, with Whitney and Jimmy." The pain just kept getting worse, he could feel his arm starting to numb, his vision was blurring. "Uhm....one...one minute. Had a lot to drink." He said and walked into the bathroom, closing the door, he fell over onto the sink. Clark took deep breaths as he felt his body go back to normal. His vision cleared up, the pain went away and he stood up straighter. Clark splashed water on his face. "What's wrong with me?"

"I'm sure it's just first day jitters Chloe. Happens with the rest of us" Lana said to Chloe

Clark took a few deep breaths and then walked out and was immediately hit by the pain in his chest again. He fought through it the best he could and put on a smile. "Sorry about that, jitters."

"It happens." Lana examined him" You're pretty tall, ever consider trying out for the football team?"

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

"It happens." Lana examined him" You're pretty tall, ever consider trying out for the football team?"

"The football team? Ummm....no, I have not...I'll think about it though." the bell rang. "And I have to get to class. It was great meeting you both."

Chloe waved goodbye to Clark.

more_horiz

Once Clark was away from Lana again, he immediately felt relief. (Okay...what the hell is going on today?)

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFirst Day of High School

more_horiz

The rest of the school day went by fairly peacefully, it was mostly Clark getting adjusted to his new classes and trying to figure out why his chest started aching whenever he got close to Lana. Come to think of it, the more often he was near her, the more he started to hurt. When she sat next to him in Geography class, Clark felt the pain getting worse every second. His vision started becoming blurry, his muscles aching all over, he felt nauseous. Clark had to excuse himself to get a drink of water. Once outside the room though, he soon felt better, particularly when he walked into a sunbeam coming in from a window. It perked him right up. Clark sat down and thought about this and just why exactly nobody else in the school felt pain around Lana. Why was it only him?
A thought occurred to him. What if, it wasn't Lana herself, but it was actually the necklace? He had never seen a necklace like that before, what if he had some kind of allergy to it? Having an allergy to a diamond or rock or whatever that was didn't make much sense for a normal person, but then Clark wasn't exactly normal.
He made a note to ask Lana about it.

As Class was ending, Lana stood up but accidentally knocked some of her books over. Despite the agony in his body, Clark knelt down and helped her pick them up. He was surprised at how heavy they felt. But nevertheless, he set them on the desk for her. "Your books m'lady."
"Thanks Clark...you...you okay?"
"Oh, great just...you know.....one of those days."
He walked backwards while speaking and smiling and stumbled over a chair leg but caught himself. "See? Graceful as always." He joked.
"Great!" Very Happy 
"Soo...ummm...that necklace...what's it made out of?"
"It's a meteor rock."
"A...meteor rock? You mean like the.."
"Yeah, the same that fell from the meteor shower all those years ago."
Clark knew about it, his parents told him that on the day of his birth, there was a random meteor storm. It made Clark wonder, if these rocks were from space, were they what gave him his powers? But then, how would that explain how they hurt him?
"It's..really beautiful. Well....see you at gym." He said and walked out of class.

As much as Clark wanted to run home and tell his parents about this crazy discovery, he knew he had to at least finish the school day. Well, lunch now.

"Hey Lana."
"What do you want Gene?"
"Don't be like that, I just wanted to walk, talk and eat lunch together like we used to."
"It was one date Gene." She started to walk away and Gene put a hand on her shoulder. "Don't ignore me Lana."
"Let go Gene." Lana warned.
"Now you listen to me you-"
"She said to let her go."
Gene and Lana looked up to see Pete Ross walking over. "Don't you have a rock to crawl under Gene?"
"Beat it Ross, this is none of your business."
"Why don't you make me?" Pete said as he stared him down. Lana pushed off Gene's hand and walked by Pete.
"Is there a problem here?" The math teacher asked as he walked over to the trio.
"No, just talking about quizzes. Right?"
Pete said nothing.
Lana put a hand on his shoulder, letting him know it was okay. "Yeah, no problem."
"Alright...get to lunch." The teacher said and watched Lana and Pete walk off before he allowed Gene to go.

Clark was searching for a place to sit when he saw Whitney, Jimmy and Pete waving him over. Lana was at another table with Chole and other girl friends. "Is it okay if I sit with you guys?" Clark asked.
"Waved you over didn't we?" Whitney smiled. "Pull out a chair."
Clark smiled. After how strange his day had been, it felt good to already have friends.

He saw Lana again at gym class. She wasn't wearing her necklace. Clark figured she must have stashed it in her locker. Well, it was time to test his theory. "Hey Lana....looking good." He was right, not even an ounce of pain. It was the necklace after all.
"Hey there Clark, you're looking better."
"Milk. It does a body good."
Lana laughed.
"Ready for gym?"
"You know it."

The gym coach started them off with a few laps around the track outside. Clark was surprised at how fast Lana was. Of course, Clark could easily zoom around the track, but he kept himself to a light jog.
Chole caught up, followed by Jimmy.

During the fun run, Clark could swear he heard a locker open and close, but figured it was just a student getting something they forgot.

After this, there was a fun game of kickball. Clark found himself having to hold back tremendously to avoid kicking it off into the distance. He deliberately missed a kick here and there and allowed people to hit him with it on occasion to make it look real. In truth though, he was just having fun.

The game ended with Clark's team winning by two runs. Everybody was laughing and congratulating each other on the game.

In the locker room, Clark was getting dressed when he heard Lana through the walls. "It's GONE!"
Another voice...Chole's? "What is?"
"My necklace...it's...it's not here! I know I put it in my backpack! Oh God...Oh God where is it? It was a memento of my parents! Where...where is it?"
Of her parents? A memento?
Wait...Clark thought back to their talk. Lana looked sad when she spoke about the meteor shower, she wore it around, her parents, something to....Oh God. Clark closed his eyes as he peaced it together: Lana must have lost her parents during the meteor shower when she was just a kid!

If it wasn't in her bag, then somebody must have taken it. And with all of the students here, he couldn't possibly physically search them all.
Stepping out of the locker room, Clark closed his eyes and listened.

There were so many sounds all throughout the school that it seemed almost impossible to locate anything but he heard the sound of something being tossed up and down and a foul word and the phrase, "Pawn it" and "Lesson."
Clark made sure nobody was watching and speeded to the entrance.

"What do you think happened?" Chole asked.
Lana abruptly stood up and balled her hands into fists. "Ohhhh, I know what happened." She ran out of the locker room. "LANA!"

Clark found Gene with the bullies from before. He saw the necklace being stuffed into his pocket. Clark marched over. "Give it back!"

"Excuse me?"
"I know you took Lana's necklace, give it back now!"
"What necklace? You mean this one?" Gene asked as he pulled it out of his pocket. Clark immediately felt the pains again but he reached up and grabbed Gene's shirt. "Give...give it back now."
Gene laughed and wrapped the necklace around his hand and punched Clark to the ground. It was the first time in his life that Clark had felt the pain of a punch to the face. He was trying to get up when Gene kicked him in the stomach and the bullies started hitting him. Clark covered himself with his hands while Gene laughed and dangled the necklace down from his hand. "Come on b-ch, come and take it!"

Lana arrived with Chole and Pete to see the bullies throw Clark to the ground. "Stay down Kent!" "Give....it....back." Clark said as he was pushing himself back up. "Come on then, take it Kent!" He started shoving Clark back.

"Leave him alone!" Lana yelled as she ran over with Pete but two of the bullies grabbed Pete and held him back. "Say your sorry and I'll stop Lana."
"You're insane Gene, give me back my necklace!" He held it out of reach. "Or what? Your boyfriend here gonna beat me-" With Gene distracted for the moment, Clark made a grab for the necklace, managing to get his hand on it. It felt like grabbing fire as the meteor rock felt as if it was burning the skin of his palm. Gritting his teeth, Clark pulled with whatever strength he could manage and backed away as Gene shoved him again, pulling the necklace out of Gene's hand and throwing it away. Chloe caught it. "I got it!"
Clark smiled as he felt his strength come back to him. Gene shoved Lana away and turned to punch Clark...who calmly caught his punch and threw him to the ground just hard enough to knock the wind out of the bully. Clark stepped over him and grabbed the next bully and threw him down on top of Gene and then knocked down the next and pulled the last two off of Pete and glared at them. The look in Clark's eyes was enough. They gave up. Clark shoved them both down and turned to help up Lana. Gene was getting back up on his feet but Clark simply held up his hand and knocked him down again.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OffhandBackhand
"You alright Lana?"
"Yeah, I'm fine...what about you?"
"Don't worry, Kent's are thick skinned. I got your necklace back."
"Oh! Oh mygosh thank you!" She accepted it from Chole and hugged Clark. He grinned and hugged her back, ignoring the pains.
"That was awesome man! Where did you learn moves like that?"
"Books?"
"You have got to lend me some."
"I will. So what about these guys?"
"Ohhh, I don't think they'll bother us again, will you?" Pete asked.
They shook their heads no.
"Smart move."
With that, the rest of the students cheered Clark, who sheepishly waved back.
After it was all said and done, everybody went home.

Clark couldn't wait to tell his parents about this. He may get in trouble for it, but he still helped somebody out. And really, wasn't that the important thing?

On her way home, a thought occurred to Chloe Sullivan. A few actually. How did Clark Kent go from being dominated to turning it around so quickly, and how did he know the necklace was missing in the first place....and how did HE know that Gene took it?

Taking out a paper and pen, she started writing down her day...

more_horiz
Bravo!!!!!

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Bravo!!!!!

Thanks!Very Happy 

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 2 EmptyThe Truth

more_horiz

Clark walked into his house. "Mom! Dad! I'm home!"
"Hey Clark!" Jonathan smiled. "How was school?" Martha asked.
Clark set down his bookbag. "Man, have I got a story for you guys..."

"So that's it." Clark finished recounting the day's events.
"Well Clark...that's quite a day." Jonathan thought about all of this. "Son...you know how we feel about fighting....and on your first day no less."
"I know dad and I'm sorry."
"But, nobody was hurt too much and it sounds like it was for a good reason."
"And you returned stolen property to it's proper owner. So I think we can let it go this time." Martha said.

"You said the necklace hurt you?" Jonathan asked.
"Yeah." Clark nodded. "I think I know why too...the necklace..it's a meteor rock. That's what Lana told me. So, I'm born on the day of the meteor shower, I have all of these powers, and they can hurt me, what exactly is my connection with them?"

Jonathan and Martha paused and looked at each other. "What?"
"Clark...there's something we should tell you."

They lead Clark down into the basement cellar. There was somthing there, something huge with a large sheet draped over it. "This....is something we have been wanting to show you for years Clark. We were just waiting for the right time." Jonathan and Martha pulled down the sheet. What Clark saw was beyond anything he could have imagined.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070220015237/smallville/images/0/02/Smallville319_425.jpg
A spaceship. A real, live, spaceship. "What is this?" Clark asked in amazement.
"This is how we found you Clark. It happened on the day of the meteor shower. This ship fell from the sky and landed in a cornfield. When we drove over....you were there, inside it and wrapped inside blankets." Martha began.
"Wait....what?"
"You were a baby, all alone. We couldn't just leave you there. I picked you up and the ship closed itself up. I haven't been able to open it ever since. We took you in and have been raising you as our son ever since."
"The sky? Y-you mean...I'm from space?" Clark asked, his hand touching the ship. Upon contact, it lit up and started humming. Clark and his parents jumped back in surprise. "What did you do Clark?"
"I have no idea!"
The ship opened itself up, revealing a single seat, an amazingly advanced computer the likes of which Earth had never seen, and a large metal box with a stylized S on it. They stared in silence until Clark started towards it. "Clark wait! W-we don't know what that is!"
"If I was brought here in this thing, why would it hurt me now?" Clark reasoned as he reached out and grabbed the box. He examined it until his two thumbs brushed against the S.
And there was light. Brilliant bright light shined out of it, causing Clark's hair to stand up and his eyes go white. His mind was elsewhere now, seeing a beautiful green world slowly rot and decay, he saw a space ship fly away from it, he saw a man and his wife, he saw soldiers, a General, he saw people, he saw the planet blow up. He heard voices in his head and saw symbols, bizarre, alien symbols that, strangely enough, spoke to him. He could read them as if they were simple English!
Superman: Boy Of Steel - Page 2 Message

And a voice echoed through his mind. And a name was given to him: Kal-El.

And then he was back. Clark fell over but Jonathan caught his son. Clark blinked a few times. "D-d-dooom..."
"Doom? What doom?" Martha asked.
"Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope." They helped Clark get up as he looked at the spaceship. "Last hope...last." Clark hung his head. "Last. Alone. He was alone. The last hope of a planet that exploded, the son of two parents who sent him away so he could live. And now they were dead, gone with the rest of his home world. "No...no...I-I don't want this!" Clark cried out. "I don't want to be....some alien...THING! I want to be me! I want to be Clark Kent! I want to be your son!"
His parents knelt down and hugged him. "Clark, you are our son."

After a few minutes of silence, they helped him upstairs.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

"Well Clark...that's quite a day." Jonathan thought about all of this. "Son...you know how we feel about fighting....and on your first day no less."
"And you returned stolen property to it's proper owner. So I think we can let it go this time." Martha said.

"Yeah." Clark nodded. "I think I know why too...the necklace..it's a meteor rock. That's what Lana told me. So, I'm born on the day of the meteor shower, I have all of these powers, and they can hurt me, what exactly is my connection with them?"

They lead Clark down into the basement cellar. There was somthing there, something huge with a large sheet draped over it. "This....is something we have been wanting to show you for years Clark. We were just waiting for the right time." Jonathan and Martha pulled down the sheet. What Clark saw was beyond anything he could have imagined.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070220015237/smallville/images/0/02/Smallville319_425.jpg
"This is how we found you Clark. It happened on the day of the meteor shower. This ship fell from the sky and landed in a cornfield. When we drove over....you were there, inside it and wrapped inside blankets." Martha began.
"Wait....what?"
"You were a baby, all alone. We couldn't just leave you there. I picked you up and the ship closed itself up. I haven't been able to open it ever since. We took you in and have been raising you as our son ever since."
"The sky? Y-you mean...I'm from space?" Clark asked, his hand touching the ship. Upon contact, it lit up and started humming. Clark and his parents jumped back in surprise. "What did you do Clark?"
"I have no idea!"
The ship opened itself up, revealing a single seat, an amazingly advanced computer the likes of which Earth had never seen, and a large metal box with a stylized S on it. They stared in silence until Clark started towards it. "Clark wait! W-we don't know what that is!"
"If I was brought here in this thing, why would it hurt me now?" Clark reasoned as he reached out and grabbed the box. He examined it until his two thumbs brushed against the S.
And there was light. Brilliant bright light shined out of it, causing Clark's hair to stand up and his eyes go white. His mind was elsewhere now, seeing a beautiful green world slowly rot and decay, he saw a space ship fly away from it, he saw a man and his wife, he saw soldiers, a General, he saw people, he saw the planet blow up. He heard voices in his head and saw symbols, bizarre, alien symbols that, strangely enough, spoke to him. He could read them as if they were simple English!

And then he was back. Clark fell over but Jonathan caught his son. Clark blinked a few times. "D-d-dooom..."
"Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope." They helped Clark get up as he looked at the spaceship. "Last hope...last." Clark hung his head. "Last. Alone. He was alone. The last hope of a planet that exploded, the son of two parents who sent him away so he could live. And now they were dead, gone with the rest of his home world. "No...no...I-I don't want this!" Clark cried out. "I don't want to be....some alien...THING! I want to be me! I want to be Clark Kent! I want to be your son!"

Clark sat down in his room for an hour or so and thought about the day's events.

Eventually, he came back down.
"Mom? Dad? I just wanted to say thanks for showing me the truth."
Jonathan and Martha walked over and hugged their son. "Even if I'm not from Earth, I was still raised by both of you. You're my parents and nothing will ever change that."
"We love you Clark and we will always be here for you." Martha said as she hugged him back.
"Come on son, it's been a long day. Let's get some dinner, huh?" Jonathan said as he patted Clark on the back.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Wait....what?"
"I have no idea!"

Clark sat down in his room for an hour or so and thought about the day's events.

Eventually, he came back down.
"Mom? Dad? I just wanted to say thanks for showing me the truth."
Jonathan and Martha walked over and hugged their son. "Even if I'm not from Earth, I was still raised by both of you. You're my parents and nothing will ever change that."
"We love you Clark and we will always be here for you." Martha said as she hugged him back.
"Come on son, it's been a long day. Let's get some dinner, huh?" Jonathan said as he patted Clark on the back.

After a delicious stake dinner, Clark used his super speed to clean all the dishes and then did his homework while watching TV with his dad.

Clark had finished his schoolwork and he was heading upstairs when there was a knock on the door. Clark sped over and opened it to find...
"Lana, hey." He stepped out to talk to her.
"Hi Clark..umm..listen, I just wanted to thank you again for getting my necklace back for me."
"Ahhh, it was nothing. I just wanted to help out."
"Well, I really appreciated it. That necklace means a lot to me."
"You're welcome Lana."
"Anyway, to avoid this happening again, I think I'll be keeping it at home now."
"Yeah, that would probably be safer."
Lana laughed. "I think so too." She and Clark stood there awkwardly for a moment. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah, you know us Kents, we're thick skinned. All that...farm work out in the sun. It's really good for you."
Lana reached and brushed his cheek. "...Yeah...you're right." She pulled her hand back. "Umm, well, thanks again and I'll see you at school. Tomorrow."
"Right, tomorrow."
"Bye Clark!" Lana walked away.
Clark waved goodbye and stepped back inside.
"So that's Lana...I can see why you fought for her."
"Dad. I just wanted to help out."
"I know you did son."

Clark laughed and sped upstairs to get some reading done, waiting for the next day.

more_horiz

OT: Bringing this back up soon.Cool 

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 2 EmptyThe Not-So Great Bank Robbery

more_horiz

Six men in black suits were sitting around a table and playing poker. There was money piled up on the table, beer bottles in an open cooler, bright lights shining down on them and kevlar armor and various guns laying around on the wooden floor. "I don't get why the hell we're hitting Smallville of all places. There's going to be barely anything here!" "It's easy pickings. The mob is running Gotham, there's some kind of super cop in Atlas, and don't get me started on Starling City."
"A super cop? Oh come on, you don't really believe that do you?" "It's true! They she can block bullets and-" "A woman? Now I know you're crazy." "Woah! Sexist much?" "I think that was misogyny actually." "Oh and that's better?" "ENOUGH! Will you idiots focus?" "Right, sorry boss." "Now listen up. We're hitting Smallvile because it's quiet and out of the way. There is nothing but small town hicks here. We've got guns, armor and numbers. If they screw with us, we'll slaughter them in seconds and make off with the cash. Mikey, you're our driver, understand?" "Yes sir." "Jim, Louis, Paul, Drake, you're all with me. We'll hit it fast and hard tomorrow night. In and out with the money before anybody has time to realize what happened. Now cut the cards and be sure to double check your guns and ammunition before we go in. I don't want any screw ups. Clear?"
"Clear sir!"

The next day was relatively uneventful. Clark was welcomed back to school as a hero by the students, several of whom shook his hand as Clark walked in. He talked with Lana and Chloe about the fight and Clark danced around the issue of his powers and told them it was a combination of exercise and luck really. After a talk with Jimmy, Clark knocked on the Principal's door and then walked in and sat down. "Hello Clark."
"Hello sir. I thought you might want to see me considering what happened yesterday."
"Yes Clark. Now, you're not in any trouble, we have enough witness reports to know that you were not at fault, but I would still like to hear your side of things."
"Well sir, I was on my way out and I saw that Gene and his friends were tossing around the necklace. I recognized it because I had seen Lana wearing it when I was talking to her earlier in the day. When I told them to give it back, this was confirmed for me. I tried to resolve the situation peacefully but they attacked me so I defended myself." Clark explained.
The Principal finished writing all of this down. "Alright, thank you very much Clark. You're free to go now, stay out of trouble."
"I will sir, thank you." Clark picked up his bookbag and walked out of the office.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

The next day was relatively uneventful. Clark was welcomed back to school as a hero by the students, several of whom shook his hand as Clark walked in. He talked with Lana and Chloe about the fight and Clark danced around the issue of his powers and told them it was a combination of exercise and luck really. After a talk with Jimmy, Clark knocked on the Principal's door and then walked in and sat down. "Hello Clark."
"Hello sir. I thought you might want to see me considering what happened yesterday."
"Yes Clark. Now, you're not in any trouble, we have enough witness reports to know that you were not at fault, but I would still like to hear your side of things."
"Well sir, I was on my way out and I saw that Gene and his friends were tossing around the necklace. I recognized it because I had seen Lana wearing it when I was talking to her earlier in the day. When I told them to give it back, this was confirmed for me. I tried to resolve the situation peacefully but they attacked me so I defended myself." Clark explained.
The Principal finished writing all of this down. "Alright, thank you very much Clark. You're free to go now, stay out of trouble."
"I will sir, thank you." Clark picked up his bookbag and walked out of the office.

"Hey Clark, did everything go alright in there?" Jimmy asked as he caught up with Clark. "It's all good Jimmy, I just told him the truth."
"Just like that?"
"Just like that."
"That's awesome man. So, um, do you want to hang out after school?"
"I have some work I have to do on the farm today, but...alright, I'll tell you what. I'll put in extra work today so that we can hang out tomorrow."
"That's a good idea. Alright, we should get to class."
Clark nodded and followed him.

The school day flew by for Clark. His classes were better now that he could focus and there was even a video on all of the good LuthorCorp was doing for the city of Metropolis. The only tough part was gym class. They ended up playing baseball and Clark found himself having to hold himself back a lot to avoid knocking the ball into next week and run slowly around the bases. Well, slowly to him anyways. Clark's team still ended up winning though.

After school let out, Clark was heading to the bus when he saw Lana in Whitney's car waving to him. Clark hurried over. "Hey Lana, what's up?"
"Want a ride?" Whitney asked.
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah man. Look, you helped out Lana, so I'll give you a ride."
"..Alright." Clark got in and sat in the back with Lana. "Hi."
"Hi."

The ride back was a lot of fun for all of them, listening to music, singing along and headbanging and just generally having fun and some laughs.

They arrived at the Kent farm and dropped off Clark.

Martha watched the kids drive away. "Hi honey!"
"Hey mom!"
"How was school?"
"Oh a lot of fun. No more problems, I'm enjoying classes and I've got a bunch of friends!"
"So was that who dropped you off?"
"Yeah, Lana and Whitney. Come on, I'll tell you all about it."

As Clark and Jonathan and Martha worked on the farm and chores and schoolwork, Clark talked to them about his day and friends and all of it. He also made a note to start saving up his money to buy some a CD or two of the band he heard on the way home.

That night, Clark was relaxing in his room when he heard his dad talking about going up to the store to get some supplies. Clark sped downstairs. "I can handle it."
"Are you sure Clark?"
"Yeah. I know where the store is and I can get there and back about a minute without having to spend any money on gas."
"Are you sure? It might be a little heavy."
Clark smiled.
"Oh, right."
"Okay Clark, just be careful okay honey?"
"I always am mom." Clark said and sped and grabbed some money and a mask and gloves, just in case somebody saw him speeding and he ran out the door.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/213/1/a/Rampage_Vengeance_Is_Ruthless_by_Krvolok.gif
Across the street from the store was the Smallville Bank. A car pulled up to the alleyway next to it and parked there. Five men in body armor walked out of the car, all of them carrying guns, 2 MP7A1's each, Desert Eagles, knives and ammunition. The leader of the gang was even carrying a grenade launcher on his back. One of them was even carrying a bag. The leader signaled for the driver to stay hidden.
The men walked into the bank. "Sir, I'm sorry, but we're actually just...about...ready.....oh lord.." The leader fired his gun into the air. "Hands up everybody, this is a robbery!"
The men and women in the bank held up their hands in surrender. "Alright! Now, if anybody has money or phones, you better hand them over right now. Try anything funny and we kill you all, got it?!"
The leader pointed the barrel of his gun at the bank manager. "YOU! You're coming with me to the vault. The rest of you keep watch. The cops try anything and you start wasting hostages!"
"Sir!"

Clark was in the middle of shopping when his hearing picked up the sounds from the bank: Screams and gunfire and shouting. He took a moment to get his composure as they were all much louder to him and focused: The bank was robbed by....five or maybe six men. It was hard to tell. There were civilians in the bank too. From what Clark could tell, at least one of them was being lead somewhere. Clark could also hear the cashier at the store calling the police now. Clark had to make a choice: This was not his area of expertise. Farm work and dealing with school bullies was one thing but fighting with hardened killers was another. Clark had never dealt with bullets before. He could leave it to the police...but then, there was the hostages to consider. If the police engaged the robbers, it could lead to a lot of people getting killed and there was no way to tell how far away they were right now. Clark took a deep breath and set aside the cart and headed out of the backdoor of the store and started zipping up his jacket. He had been sent to Earth for a reason and what was the point of having these gifts if he couldn't use them? The police were too far away and these people needed help right now. Clark rolled down his sleeves and put on his gloves and ski mask. "This is a job for Clark Kent."

Inside the bank, a woman was slowly reaching for the silent alarm when Paul walked over and struck her with the back of his hand. "What did we say? We told you to stay down and not move! Are you stupid or something? HUH?!"
"Please no...no, no I'm sorry...I-I-IIIII...."
"I I I IIIII think I should blow your damn brains out!" He pointed his gun at her.

"Oh come on man, girl ain't worth it."
"Well I say we waste the lot of 'em, no witnesses. What do you think?" Paul asked Louis.

"I think perhaps somebody ought to teach you some manners, sir."

The three thugs looked up to see a young man dressed in a jacket and a ski mask walking over. He stopped and stared them down.
"Who's he? New guy?"
"No, boss would've told us. It's some dumb kid."

"I'm going to say this once: Drop your weapons, lay down on the ground and put your hands on your head! Do it or I'll make you!"

Louis responded by opening fire on Clark. The bullets pushed him backwards and his body jerked as they filled his jacket and shirt full of holes. Clark turned and fell to the ground. Louis fired a few more shots into his back before smiling and holstering his guns. "That was easy. Alright then, anybody else feel like being a big hero?!" He asked as he and his buddies laughed. Behind them, Clark was standing up and patting himself down. "I-I'm okay!" The bullets dropped to the ground, the tips of them flattened. His shirt and jacket had holes in them but Clark himself was barely bruised. "Well...I guess this answers that question." He looked up to face the robbers. "The HELL man?!" Shocked "I-It's body armor or something! It's gotta be!" "Waste him!" The thugs started to raise their guns but then Clark moved, crossing the room in a blur, he grabbed Louis, lifted him up off of the ground with one hand and punched him in the stomach, busting the armor and then tossed him across the room like a ragdoll. The thug hit the wall, bounced off of it and fell on top of a trash can, knocking it over and spilling it's contents all over him. Louis was out like a light.

"How did he do that?"

Paul and Jim were stunned silent at this, everybody was. At first nobody moved or said anything. Clark studied the two men and then turned and rushed Jim and pushed him across the room and into the desk. Paul barely had time to realize this had happened before Clark was in front of him. Clark reached up, grabbed the barrels of his guns and broke them off before grabbing Paul, ripping off his helmet and whacking him across the face with it, knocking him out. Clark tossed him aside and offered a hand to the woman. "Are you alright ma'am?" The woman looked up at him and hesitated. "It's alright, I won't hurt you. I'm just here to help." She hesitantly took his hand and he helped her up. "For what it's worth ma'am, I think you'll be alright. You'll just need to put some ice on that for awhile."

"The hell is all of this?" Clark turned to see two more men, both dragging bags of money with them, staring at him. Clark motioned for the woman and civilians to stay back. "I took down your men and if you don't surrender now I'll do the same to you. This is your only warning."
"You? One guy?" The leader asked.
"Bulls-t!" Drake and opened fire on Clark. Prepared this time, Clark braced himself for the shots and stood tall and withstood them. They hurt a little but there was no real damage to Clark. When Drake stopped shooting out of shock that Clark was still standing, Clark rushed him and tossed Drake against a wall before turning around and shoving the leader across the floor. He hit the wall but his helmet protected him from the impact. He groaned and sat up as he saw Clark walking over to him. "I GIVE!" The leader said and threw away his guns. "I give okay? You win. I-I'm unarmed see?" Clark looked at him for a moment before smiling and picking up the guns and breaking them just to be sure. "Alright. That's good to hear." He turned his attention to everybody else. "Is everybody okay?" Behind him, the gang leader took out the grenade launcher and slid backwards and aimed it at Clark. "LOOK OUT!" One of the civilians yelled out. Clark turned around just in time to be hit by the grenade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Btcyh-nc-0
The civilians screamed in fear and horror at this sight. The gang leader burst out laughing. "YEAH! Yeah that's what you get freak! Nobody screws with me and lives!" He fired again and continued laughing even as the sprinkler system turned on. "...Oh. Oh terrific. Ahhh this is just one big clusterf-k." He started picking up bags of money when he saw Clark rising up from the flames and walk out of them. "You know...I was trying to be nice earlier." Clark's clothes were burned and torn but he was unharmed.
The criminal backed up against the wall, his face turning pale beneath his helmet. "What....what are you?" He raised the grenade launcher, his hands trembling. This time though, Clark grabbed the barrel and crushed it in his hand before he could fire and then tossed it away.
"I am just a concerned citizen sir. Sweet dreams." Clark said and decked him, dropping the thug and knocking him out cold.

Clark took a few deep breaths before turning back to the civilians. He looked them over. They were staring at him with a mixture of fear and amazement. Clark silently turned around and grabbed the money and sped to the vault, returning all of the money. He found the bank manager and checked his pulse. Thankfully, he was only unconscious. Clark carried him back to the lobby and set him down on a bench. "This man was attacked by the criminals. He is alive but he will need medical attention." Clark took a deep breath and exhaled. "I...I'm sorry if I scared any of you. I just wanted to try and help." He heard sirens coming and started towards the door before the woman from before ran over to him. "Wait! Wait...I...wanted to say thank you."
"You're welcome."
"So, who are you?" A bank teller asked.
Clark grinned. "A friend." He walked to the door and sped off, zipping past the police and jumping up to the roof of a small building to rest. Clark looked down and watched the police run in. Clark could hear them questioning the civilians and securing the area and checking on everybody. It was like an audible mix of emotions. Clark stopped as he heard cursing and looked over the edge to see a man wearing armor like the robbers driving away. Given how trigger happy the others were, Clark knew he could not let him get away and jumped down and ran after him. Even after the driver floored it, Clark was able to run past the car and turned around and ran in front of it and held out his arms. The car slammed into him and pushed him back a bit but Clark was able to stop it. "Get out." He said to the driver. In response, the driver fired on Clark, shooting through the windshield. The bullets bounced off Clark's skull. Not in the mood for this, Clark sped over to the door, pulled open the door and decked the thug and pulled out the keys and turned off the car.

The police cars closed in so Clark ran off before they could see him.

Soon after, Clark arrived home, took a deep breath and walked in the door and threw down what remained of his ski mask. Jonathan looked at him for a moment before jumping to their feet and, seeing the shape he was in, ran over and hugged him.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Hey Clark, did everything go alright in there?" Jimmy asked as he caught up with Clark. "It's all good Jimmy, I just told him the truth."
"Just like that?"
"Just like that."
"That's awesome man. So, um, do you want to hang out after school?"
"I have some work I have to do on the farm today, but...alright, I'll tell you what. I'll put in extra work today so that we can hang out tomorrow."
"That's a good idea. Alright, we should get to class."
Clark nodded and followed him.

The school day flew by for Clark. His classes were better now that he could focus and there was even a video on all of the good LuthorCorp was doing for the city of Metropolis. The only tough part was gym class. They ended up playing baseball and Clark found himself having to hold himself back a lot to avoid knocking the ball into next week and run slowly around the bases. Well, slowly to him anyways. Clark's team still ended up winning though.

After school let out, Clark was heading to the bus when he saw Lana in Whitney's car waving to him. Clark hurried over. "Hey Lana, what's up?"
"Want a ride?" Whitney asked.
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah man. Look, you helped out Lana, so I'll give you a ride."
"..Alright." Clark got in and sat in the back with Lana. "Hi."
"Hi."

The ride back was a lot of fun for all of them, listening to music, singing along and headbanging and just generally having fun and some laughs.

They arrived at the Kent farm and dropped off Clark.

Martha watched the kids drive away. "Hi honey!"
"Hey mom!"
"How was school?"
"Oh a lot of fun. No more problems, I'm enjoying classes and I've got a bunch of friends!"
"So was that who dropped you off?"
"Yeah, Lana and Whitney. Come on, I'll tell you all about it."

As Clark and Jonathan and Martha worked on the farm and chores and schoolwork, Clark talked to them about his day and friends and all of it. He also made a note to start saving up his money to buy some a CD or two of the band he heard on the way home.

That night, Clark was relaxing in his room when he heard his dad talking about going up to the store to get some supplies. Clark sped downstairs. "I can handle it."
"Are you sure Clark?"
"Yeah. I know where the store is and I can get there and back about a minute without having to spend any money on gas."
"Are you sure? It might be a little heavy."
Clark smiled.
"Oh, right."
"Okay Clark, just be careful okay honey?"
"I always am mom." Clark said and sped and grabbed some money and a mask and gloves, just in case somebody saw him speeding and he ran out the door.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/213/1/a/Rampage_Vengeance_Is_Ruthless_by_Krvolok.gif
Across the street from the store was the Smallville Bank. A car pulled up to the alleyway next to it and parked there. Five men in body armor walked out of the car, all of them carrying guns, 2 MP7A1's each, Desert Eagles, knives and ammunition. The leader of the gang was even carrying a grenade launcher on his back. One of them was even carrying a bag. The leader signaled for the driver to stay hidden.
The men walked into the bank. "Sir, I'm sorry, but we're actually just...about...ready.....oh lord.." The leader fired his gun into the air. "Hands up everybody, this is a robbery!"
The men and women in the bank held up their hands in surrender. "Alright! Now, if anybody has money or phones, you better hand them over right now. Try anything funny and we kill you all, got it?!"
The leader pointed the barrel of his gun at the bank manager. "YOU! You're coming with me to the vault. The rest of you keep watch. The cops try anything and you start wasting hostages!"
"Sir!"

Clark was in the middle of shopping when his hearing picked up the sounds from the bank: Screams and gunfire and shouting. He took a moment to get his composure as they were all much louder to him and focused: The bank was robbed by....five or maybe six men. It was hard to tell. There were civilians in the bank too. From what Clark could tell, at least one of them was being lead somewhere. Clark could also hear the cashier at the store calling the police now. Clark had to make a choice: This was not his area of expertise. Farm work and dealing with school bullies was one thing but fighting with hardened killers was another. Clark had never dealt with bullets before. He could leave it to the police...but then, there was the hostages to consider. If the police engaged the robbers, it could lead to a lot of people getting killed and there was no way to tell how far away they were right now. Clark took a deep breath and set aside the cart and headed out of the backdoor of the store and started zipping up his jacket. He had been sent to Earth for a reason and what was the point of having these gifts if he couldn't use them? The police were too far away and these people needed help right now. Clark rolled down his sleeves and put on his gloves and ski mask. "This is a job for Clark Kent."

Inside the bank, a woman was slowly reaching for the silent alarm when Paul walked over and struck her with the back of his hand. "What did we say? We told you to stay down and not move! Are you stupid or something? HUH?!"
"Please no...no, no I'm sorry...I-I-IIIII...."
"I I I IIIII think I should blow your damn brains out!" He pointed his gun at her.

"Oh come on man, girl ain't worth it."
"Well I say we waste the lot of 'em, no witnesses. What do you think?" Paul asked Louis.

"I think perhaps somebody ought to teach you some manners, sir."

The three thugs looked up to see a young man dressed in a jacket and a ski mask walking over. He stopped and stared them down.
"Who's he? New guy?"
"No, boss would've told us. It's some dumb kid."

"I'm going to say this once: Drop your weapons, lay down on the ground and put your hands on your head! Do it or I'll make you!"

Louis responded by opening fire on Clark. The bullets pushed him backwards and his body jerked as they filled his jacket and shirt full of holes. Clark turned and fell to the ground. Louis fired a few more shots into his back before smiling and holstering his guns. "That was easy. Alright then, anybody else feel like being a big hero?!" He asked as he and his buddies laughed. Behind them, Clark was standing up and patting himself down. "I-I'm okay!" The bullets dropped to the ground, the tips of them flattened. His shirt and jacket had holes in them but Clark himself was barely bruised. "Well...I guess this answers that question." He looked up to face the robbers. "The HELL man?!" Shocked "I-It's body armor or something! It's gotta be!" "Waste him!" The thugs started to raise their guns but then Clark moved, crossing the room in a blur, he grabbed Louis, lifted him up off of the ground with one hand and punched him in the stomach, busting the armor and then tossed him across the room like a ragdoll. The thug hit the wall, bounced off of it and fell on top of a trash can, knocking it over and spilling it's contents all over him. Louis was out like a light.

"How did he do that?"

Paul and Jim were stunned silent at this, everybody was. At first nobody moved or said anything. Clark studied the two men and then turned and rushed Jim and pushed him across the room and into the desk. Paul barely had time to realize this had happened before Clark was in front of him. Clark reached up, grabbed the barrels of his guns and broke them off before grabbing Paul, ripping off his helmet and whacking him across the face with it, knocking him out. Clark tossed him aside and offered a hand to the woman. "Are you alright ma'am?" The woman looked up at him and hesitated. "It's alright, I won't hurt you. I'm just here to help." She hesitantly took his hand and he helped her up. "For what it's worth ma'am, I think you'll be alright. You'll just need to put some ice on that for awhile."

"The hell is all of this?" Clark turned to see two more men, both dragging bags of money with them, staring at him. Clark motioned for the woman and civilians to stay back. "I took down your men and if you don't surrender now I'll do the same to you. This is your only warning."
"You? One guy?" The leader asked.
"Bulls-t!" Drake and opened fire on Clark. Prepared this time, Clark braced himself for the shots and stood tall and withstood them. They hurt a little but there was no real damage to Clark. When Drake stopped shooting out of shock that Clark was still standing, Clark rushed him and tossed Drake against a wall before turning around and shoving the leader across the floor. He hit the wall but his helmet protected him from the impact. He groaned and sat up as he saw Clark walking over to him. "I GIVE!" The leader said and threw away his guns. "I give okay? You win. I-I'm unarmed see?" Clark looked at him for a moment before smiling and picking up the guns and breaking them just to be sure. "Alright. That's good to hear." He turned his attention to everybody else. "Is everybody okay?" Behind him, the gang leader took out the grenade launcher and slid backwards and aimed it at Clark. "LOOK OUT!" One of the civilians yelled out. Clark turned around just in time to be hit by the grenade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Btcyh-nc-0
The civilians screamed in fear and horror at this sight. The gang leader burst out laughing. "YEAH! Yeah that's what you get freak! Nobody screws with me and lives!" He fired again and continued laughing even as the sprinkler system turned on. "...Oh. Oh terrific. Ahhh this is just one big clusterf-k." He started picking up bags of money when he saw Clark rising up from the flames and walk out of them. "You know...I was trying to be nice earlier." Clark's clothes were burned and torn but he was unharmed.
The criminal backed up against the wall, his face turning pale beneath his helmet. "What....what are you?" He raised the grenade launcher, his hands trembling. This time though, Clark grabbed the barrel and crushed it in his hand before he could fire and then tossed it away.
"I am just a concerned citizen sir. Sweet dreams." Clark said and decked him, dropping the thug and knocking him out cold.

Clark took a few deep breaths before turning back to the civilians. He looked them over. They were staring at him with a mixture of fear and amazement. Clark silently turned around and grabbed the money and sped to the vault, returning all of the money. He found the bank manager and checked his pulse. Thankfully, he was only unconscious. Clark carried him back to the lobby and set him down on a bench. "This man was attacked by the criminals. He is alive but he will need medical attention." Clark took a deep breath and exhaled. "I...I'm sorry if I scared any of you. I just wanted to try and help." He heard sirens coming and started towards the door before the woman from before ran over to him. "Wait! Wait...I...wanted to say thank you."
"You're welcome."
"So, who are you?" A bank teller asked.
Clark grinned. "A friend." He walked to the door and sped off, zipping past the police and jumping up to the roof of a small building to rest. Clark looked down and watched the police run in. Clark could hear them questioning the civilians and securing the area and checking on everybody. It was like an audible mix of emotions. Clark stopped as he heard cursing and looked over the edge to see a man wearing armor like the robbers driving away. Given how trigger happy the others were, Clark knew he could not let him get away and jumped down and ran after him. Even after the driver floored it, Clark was able to run past the car and turned around and ran in front of it and held out his arms. The car slammed into him and pushed him back a bit but Clark was able to stop it. "Get out." He said to the driver. In response, the driver fired on Clark, shooting through the windshield. The bullets bounced off Clark's skull. Not in the mood for this, Clark sped over to the door, pulled open the door and decked the thug and pulled out the keys and turned off the car.

The police cars closed in so Clark ran off before they could see him.

Soon after, Clark arrived home, took a deep breath and walked in the door and threw down what remained of his ski mask. Jonathan looked at him for a moment before jumping to their feet and, seeing the shape he was in, ran over and hugged him.
Bet that was one awkward encounter Laughing 

more_horiz

You know it.

How did you like the bank scene?

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

You know it.

Pretty good showing of Clark using his hero skills:) 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:

You know it.

Pretty good showing of Clark using his hero skills:) 

Thanks.Very Happy 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Clark sipped cocoa as he talked to his parents. "I just...I had to help. There was no time to wait for the police. If I'd been a few seconds later that woman would have been killed and then maybe everybody else would have been too. And I knew, I knew that I had the power to save them all. So I did." Clark waited for his parents to say something. "Clark....what you did was nothing short of amazing." Jonathan said honestly. "But did you think about, what could have happened to you? Clark, you said the bullets hurt right?"
"Yeah...that was kinda weird, even by my standards. I know I got shot but, that many bullets should have killed me and I'm barely hurt!"
"Wait...you said barely."
"Clark, take off your shirt." Martha said.
Clark obligingly took off the burnt jacket and shirt, revealing all of the bruises on his torso and a big black and blue one where he got hit by the grenade. "...Okay, I know this looks bad but-"
"Bad? Clark look at yourself. We didn't even know you could be hurt!"
"Turn around."
Clark obligingly did so, revealing the bruises on his back. Martha and Jonathan examined him. "We should take you to a hospital."
"We can't. They'll ask questions that we really can't answer."
"Dad's right mom. Look, on the very rare occasions that something did hurt me, I was always healed up by the next day right? So I just have to sleep this off."
"Well...alright." Martha decided. He was right after all. "But we're rid of these burnt up clothes in case anybody comes looking around, and they're ruined anyway."
"Good idea. I can handle that." Clark grabbed them up and zipped away before they could stop him. He changed into pjama's and then put the burnt clothes in a garbage bag. "Fortunately tomorrow is garbage day so we can get rid of them with no problems."
"Alright you, first off, no more running around in your condition. Now go lay in bed Clark. You need your rest."
"You've got it mom." Clark hugged them and went upstairs.
"Clark!" Jonathan called up.
"Yeah dad?" Clark paused.
"You did the right thing son."
"You really did Clark."
"I love you guys."

The rest of the night was quiet. His parents talked to him about it and made sure that Clark was alright and they ate dessert together and Clark lay down on the bed. It wasn't until he was laying down though that he realized how tired he was. He soon fell asleep but he had a rough night sleeping.

Come morning, sunlight shined in through the windows and onto Clark, healing his bruises, injuries and exhaustion from the night before.
When Martha came to check on him, she saw Clark standing in front of the mirror shirtless. All of his injuries completely healed.
"It's like I said..." Clark shrugged.
Martha walked forward and gently put a hand on his chest. You could never tell he'd been in a fight at all. She hugged her son. "I am so glad you're alright."
"Me too mom."

Walking down the stairs, Clark found his dad with the newspaper in hand: Mysterious Masked Man Saves Bank! Witnesses Claim Having Witnessed Supernatural Powers!
Clark accepted the paper and read over the article. "So what does this mean for me?"
"It means, that you should keep a low profile for right now Luckily, they have nothing but good things to say about you, but we should play this safe."
"Got it. I'll head to school and keep my head down until this blows over."
"Alright, have a good day honey."
"You guys too." Clark hugged his family goodbye and walked out.

Arriving at school, Clark braced himself for what he would be hearing about for the rest day.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Walking down the stairs, Clark found his dad with the newspaper in hand: Mysterious Masked Man Saves Bank! Witnesses Claim Having Witnessed Supernatural Powers!
Clark accepted the paper and read over the article. "So what does this mean for me?"
"It means, that you should keep a low profile for right now Luckily, they have nothing but good things to say about you, but we should play this safe."
"Alright, have a good day honey." Martha said.

Arriving at school, Clark braced himself for what he would be hearing about for the rest day.

"Did you hear what happened?"
"A bunch of guys tried robbing the bank and a guy came out of nowhere and beat them all up!"
"One guy? Come on, that's impossible."
"No it's not! My Mom was there and she saw him! She said the bullets bounced off of him and then he totally smashed the robbers!"
"He moves like lightning!"
"Do you think he's hot?"
"I don't think he's even human."
"I bet it's not even a man. It's like, some crazy monster, that's why it's all covered up."
"That's scary."
"It's a monster."
"Or an alien."
"Or an alien monster."
"Why would he save the bank? I'd be showing off the powers if I had them."
"Why not save the bank? You're selfish."
"I'm so glad he saved them all."

Clark badly wanted to just tell everybody the truth, but that would cause more problems then it would solve, so he just kept his head down and kept quiet, trying to ignore the freak and monster comments.

Inside of a classroom, Chloe Sullivan was grinning as she re-read the newspaper for the fourth time that morning. "So you heard about it?" Lana asked as she sat down. "Yeah, masked avengers saves bank, supernatural powers, armored men tossed around like rag dolls, it's amazing."
"I don't know...it's kinda scary. How can anybody do that? Maybe he's a magician?"
"If he's a magician, why wouldn't he be taking this act to Vegas? No, Lana, this man is something else. He's like...enhancd or something."
"Like something out of a cartoon or a fantasy novel?"
"Exactly."
"Okay...so, what do you think we should call him?"
"For right now? Ummm....how about...Übermensch?" Chloe asked and gestured grandly.
"You are loving this aren't you?" Lana let out a laugh.
"Can you blame me? Smallville is finally getting interesting." Very Happy 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"A bunch of guys tried robbing the bank and a guy came out of nowhere and beat them all up!"
"No it's not! My Mom was there and she saw him! She said the bullets bounced off of him and then he totally smashed the robbers!"
"Do you think he's hot?"
"I bet it's not even a man. It's like, some crazy monster, that's why it's all covered up."
"That's scary."
"It's a monster."
"Or an alien."
"Or an alien monster."

Clark badly wanted to just tell everybody the truth, but that would cause more problems then it would solve, so he just kept his head down and kept quiet, trying to ignore the freak and monster comments.

Inside of a classroom, Chloe Sullivan was grinning as she re-read the newspaper for the fourth time that morning. "So you heard about it?" Lana asked as she sat down. "Yeah, masked avengers saves bank, supernatural powers, armored men tossed around like rag dolls, it's amazing."
"I don't know...it's kinda scary. How can anybody do that? Maybe he's a magician?"
"If he's a magician, why wouldn't he be taking this act to Vegas? No, Lana, this man is something else. He's like...enhancd or something."
"Exactly."
"For right now? Ummm....how about...Übermensch?" Chloe asked and gestured grandly.

Clark took his seat. "Morning."
"Clark!"
"I heard about it."
"What do you think?"
"I think....ummm....maybe it's a hoax?"
"Can't be, everybody saw him."
"The craziest thing is, nobody saw his face."
Clark gave a mental sigh of relief at that. "Well, that's too bad."
"Yeah...so, what do you we try to find him?" Chloe asked.
"What?"
"Yeah, I mean, he saved all of those people, I want to know who he is."
"Don't you think that could be dangerous?"
"I'm in."
"You too Lana?" Clark asked.
"This guy saved everyone at the bank. I think he deserves a thank you."
"See? Lana gets it." Chloe said. "What about you?"
"Ahhhh...I think I would just rather sit it out."
"Suit yourself."

The teacher walked in and class began.

(So now my classmates are looking for me, I'm being called an Uberman, and people think I'm a freak.) Clark thought back to the civilians at the bank. (Eh, worth it.) He smiled.

Clark listened closely to his classmates discussions about the 'masked man' and made mental notes about each one and marked down tallies on a piece of paper for each side of the argument. Around lunchtime, Clark sat down and counted them up. The reviews were in and the reception was positive. The people loved him.

Meanwhile,

Gene Kelvin walked into a sauna. He has bruises on his face, both from his fight with Kent and from his father after he found out that no only had Gene lost a fight but he also got suspended from the school. He cursed the day he met Clark Kent. Gene ran that school before that damn punk showed up. Who did he think he was? Gene was just having a little harmless fun and Clark just had to go and ruin it for everyone. It was all Lana's fault! She had rejected him! So Gene was just teaching her a lesson in what happened when you did that. If Clark hadn't gotten in the way things would've gone as planned: He would make Lana grovel a bit and beg for her stupid necklace back and apologize to him and then give it back to her. No harm done, Gene just wanted to teach her a lesson in respect.
He slapped down some money he took from his dad before heading out. "I'm gonna use the sauna for a bit."
"Okey dokey. This'll get you...ten minutes."
"Fine." Ten minutes would be enough. Gene just wanted to close his eyes and think for a bit before making his next plan.
"You've got good timing. We've got some fresh meteor rocks in there."
"Cool."

Gene walked into the sauna and sat down. It felt good but not even the sauna could calm him down and as he shook with rage and breathed in and out, the sauna continued to heat him up on him and the meteor rocks glowed green and green steam floated up out of them and into Gene's nostrils and the sauna got hotter and hotter. Gene got angrier and the sauna got hotter and as he seethed with rage, Gene's body caught on fire which erupted out of the sauna, consuming it in flames.
The cashier grabbed the fire extinguisher and ran towards the sauna. "Hold on guy, I'm coming!" He said and began spraying the fire. After a few moments though, the fire started up again and threw him back, the extinguisher flying from his hands. Gene emerged from the fire and smoke, wreathed in flames and covered in only his towel. "Thanks for the sauna. I feel a lot better." Gene smiled and reached for the cashier.

And thus, we have our first Meteor Freak!

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

"Do you think he's hot?"
"That's scary."
"It's a monster."
"Or an alien."
"Or an alien monster."

"Exactly."
Clark took his seat. "Morning."
"Clark!"
"I heard about it."
"What do you think?"
"I think....ummm....maybe it's a hoax?"
"Can't be, everybody saw him."
"The craziest thing is, nobody saw his face."
Clark gave a mental sigh of relief at that. "Well, that's too bad."
"Yeah...so, what do you we try to find him?" Chloe asked.
"What?"
"Yeah, I mean, he saved all of those people, I want to know who he is."
"Don't you think that could be dangerous?"
"I'm in."
"You too Lana?" Clark asked.
"This guy saved everyone at the bank. I think he deserves a thank you."
"See? Lana gets it." Chloe said. "What about you?"
"Ahhhh...I think I would just rather sit it out."
"Suit yourself."

The teacher walked in and class began.

(So now my classmates are looking for me, I'm being called an Uberman, and people think I'm a freak.) Clark thought back to the civilians at the bank. (Eh, worth it.) He smiled.

Clark listened closely to his classmates discussions about the 'masked man' and made mental notes about each one and marked down tallies on a piece of paper for each side of the argument. Around lunchtime, Clark sat down and counted them up. The reviews were in and the reception was positive. The people loved him.

Meanwhile,

Gene Kelvin walked into a sauna. He has bruises on his face, both from his fight with Kent and from his father after he found out that no only had Gene lost a fight but he also got suspended from the school. He cursed the day he met Clark Kent. Gene ran that school before that damn punk showed up. Who did he think he was? Gene was just having a little harmless fun and Clark just had to go and ruin it for everyone. It was all Lana's fault! She had rejected him! So Gene was just teaching her a lesson in what happened when you did that. If Clark hadn't gotten in the way things would've gone as planned: He would make Lana grovel a bit and beg for her stupid necklace back and apologize to him and then give it back to her. No harm done, Gene just wanted to teach her a lesson in respect.
He slapped down some money he took from his dad before heading out. "I'm gonna use the sauna for a bit."
"Okey dokey. This'll get you...ten minutes."
"Fine." Ten minutes would be enough. Gene just wanted to close his eyes and think for a bit before making his next plan.
"You've got good timing. We've got some fresh meteor rocks in there."
"Cool."

Gene walked into the sauna and sat down. It felt good but not even the sauna could calm him down and as he shook with rage and breathed in and out, the sauna continued to heat him up on him and the meteor rocks glowed green and green steam floated up out of them and into Gene's nostrils and the sauna got hotter and hotter. Gene got angrier and the sauna got hotter and as he seethed with rage, Gene's body caught on fire which erupted out of the sauna, consuming it in flames.
The cashier grabbed the fire extinguisher and ran towards the sauna. "Hold on guy, I'm coming!" He said and began spraying the fire. After a few moments though, the fire started up again and threw him back, the extinguisher flying from his hands. Gene emerged from the fire and smoke, wreathed in flames and covered in only his towel. "Thanks for the sauna. I feel a lot better." Gene smiled and reached for the cashier.

And thus, we have our first Meteor Freak!

Clark had just finished eating and he was walking out of the cafeteria to get to his next class when he heard something in the distance. Doing his best to focus on it, Clark could hear a fire getting out of control and...something else. He could swear that he heard someone crying. Heading in a different direction, Clark made sure he was out of sight and then sped towards the fire.
Clark arrived to find a sauna that was caught on fire. It was like somebody poured kerosene all over the place. Running inside, Clark just had to hope that he could withstand the flames and heat. He passed through the flames easily enough but he could really feel all of the heat around him. Clark coughed and waved the smoke away and then spotted the cashier and ran over to him and turned him over. He had some small burns on him and he was unconscious from the smoke but he was alive.
Clark ran around and checked the rest of the area but it didn't look like there was anybody else there so Clark grabbed the cashier and ran out with him.
Clark checked the man for a second and then he heard an ambulance and police coming so he sped off back to school.

more_horiz
Oh man his first meteor freak, really looking forward to the battle. Clark is certainly making a name of himself and I like his personality also. Keep up the good work Very Happy 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Oh man his first meteor freak, really looking forward to the battle. Clark is certainly making a name of himself and I like his personality also. Keep up the good work Very Happy 

Thanks man. How am I doing with Ma and Pa Kent? Smile 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Clark arrived to find a sauna that was caught on fire. It was like somebody poured kerosene all over the place. Running inside, Clark just had to hope that he could withstand the flames and heat. He passed through the flames easily enough but he could really feel all of the heat around him. Clark coughed and waved the smoke away and then spotted the cashier and ran over to him and turned him over. He had some small burns on him and he was unconscious from the smoke but he was alive.
Clark ran around and checked the rest of the area but it didn't look like there was anybody else there so Clark grabbed the cashier and ran out with him.
Clark checked the man for a second and then he heard an ambulance and police coming so he sped off back to school.

Gene walked through the woods, leaving fire in his footsteps. He had retrieved his clothes but his shirt and jersey burned off along with his shoes and socks. So far the only thing that hadn't been destroyed was his pants. He wasn't sure how that worked, but he wasn't going to complain. Burning up that towel had been embarrassing enough. But at least what's-his-face wouldn't tell anyone about his new power.
Finding a good spot, he let out fire from his hands again into the stream. The water snuffed out the flames for a the moment but he didn't want to burn up the forest yet. Gene thought about things that made him made: School, Lana, Clark, Sullivan, the game, his father...all of it made him so damn angry. And as his anger rose up, fire began erupting out of him and spreading over the leaves and trees in a circle around him causing fires to erupt, which soon got out of control. Gene roared in anger in the center of the roaring inferno.

Back at school, Clark changed out of his shirt and into a spare one he brought with him,, just in case something happened and went on with his day. He was in the middle of playing baseball in gym class when they saw the smoke rising up out of the woods. "What is that?" Clark asked.
"Smoke signal?" Somebody asked.
"No...I think that's a fire!"
"A forest fire? How?"
"Does anybody have a phone?" Clark asked.
"I do but it's in my locker. I'll call the fighters." Whitney said and ran for his locker.

Clark ran off to the forest once the firefighters were already done. There was a lot of damage done to the forest but the firefighters had taken it out before it had spread too far. "Hey."
"Hey yourself kid."
"Any idea what happened here?" He asked.
"None...except for the footprints."
"Footprints?"
"Right there. Some loony made footprint shaped burns in the ground, not sure how you do that, but it's the only lead we have right now."
Clark put his hands in his pockets. (First Fun&Sauna, now the forest, who or what is doing all of this...and why?)
"Well...at least nobody was hurt here. You guys did a good job." Clark turned and ran off back home.

Gene, having left the forest before fighters got there, tracked down his friends. "Hello boys."
"Gene? Where's your shirt?"
Gene let out a roar as fire erupted from his hands. "I burned it."
"HOLY! What...how are you doing that?"
"I went to a sauna and now I am on fire. I am a walking flamethrower! From now on, you can call me...Fahrenheit."
"Okay, so, Gene..."
"FAHRENHEIT!" He yelled and called up more fire.
"S-sorry...Fahrenheit...what do you want to do now?"
"I'll tell what we're gonna do: We're get payback. First on my old man, then on Lana and Clark and whomever else we want. Everybody who ever pissed us off is gonna burn! From now on, this town is ours! We want something, we'll take it and flash fry anyone who gets in our way! So grab your weapons and your kerosene and gear up and then drive to the pharmacy. I will meet you there." Fahrenheit smiled.
"Gen-er, Fahrenheit, come on man...he's your dad! Isn't that taking things a little far?"
"Did I ask for your opinion Reggie?! Just do what I say and we will take this whole town hostage. Nobody will be able to stop us." Fire erupted from his body. "And once we take control, I'm renaming this town KelvinVille. Now get to work and follow the plan." He said and walked out.

His friends, scared out of their minds, weakly glanced at each other and then got to work.

"So it's been a bit of a day." Clark explained to his parents as he leaned against the staircase. "I think I'm gonna miss dinner for now. I want to try and find this guy."

"Clark...are you sure it's a person?" Martha asked.

"The police saw a footprint and obviously somebody had to have started the fire in the sauna. Whoever is doing this might have powers and if they do, then I am the only one who can stop him and not get burned."

"Clark...alright, just be very careful son." Jonathan said.

"I will dad. I'll be back, don't worry." Clark changed into a black shirt and a blue leather jacket and red sunglasses before running out to find the source of the flames. His first stop was the hospital, to find out of if the man who ran Fun&Sauna had recovered yet.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Clark changed into a black shirt and a blue leather jacket and red sunglasses before running out to find the source of the flames. His first stop was the hospital, to find out of if the man who ran Fun&Sauna had recovered yet.  

Arriving at the hospital, Clark tied the jacket around his waist and put the sunglasses in his shirt pocket and then signed in and looked for the cashier. Clark overheard the police talking to him on an upper floor and ran up the stairs. Clark arrived just in time to overhear him describing his attacker. Clark thought about it for a moment and there was only one person he knew that matched the description: Gene Kelvin from school. Clark waited until he saw the police exiting the room.
"Excuse me, Officers?"
Officer Adams turned around to look at him. "Can I help you kid?"
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100818142507/marvel_dc/images/e/e4/Nancy_Adams_Smallville.jpg
"My name is Clark, I'm a friend of Jeffery. Listen, I think I know who did this."
"Oh really now?"
"I heard him talking and I know the guy that matches his description. His name is Gene Kelvin and-"
"The Kelvin kid? He's a troublemaker but I don't know if he would do something like this."
"6'1, teenager, shortcut blonde hair, dark brown eyes, bad attitude, bruises on his face, looks like a weight lifter, that sound about right?"
Officer Adams crossed her arms. "That does match the same description. Alright, we'll look into him. Thanks for the help Clark."
"Just doing my civic duty ma'am."
As the police walked away, Clark slipped into the room and looked at the wounded man. He was asleep and had bandages on his face from the burns. That settled it: Gene Kelvin was involved. Fire would explain the footprint and how the sauna business and forest got burned up. But if Gene did indeed have some ability to project and or cause flames at will, the police could be in real danger. That meant it was time for him to step in again. "I'll get him for you. Just rest up now, okay?"
Clark turned and walked out and sped out of the hospital just as the police were getting into their cars. *WHOOOSH!*
"Did....you guys..."
"What's that Adams?"
"I just thought I saw...it's nothing. Come on."

The Kelvin House.
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/192/e/d/small_house_by_vexex12-d56speq.jpg
Gene was helping himself to his dad's liquor until he saw the old man walk through the door. "Sup old timer?"
"Gene! What the hell are you doing?!"
"It's been a long day and I got thirsty so I helped myself."
"You put that bottle down right now boy before I smash it over your head!"
"Don't mind if I do, this crap is nasty." He said and flung it at his dad. He avoided it. "That is it! Come here Gene! You're getting a whooping boy!" His father said and pulled off his belt. "Bring it on old man." Gene said as he stood up and knocked over the chair and set himself on fire. "What?"
"Call me Smokehouse, 'cause I'm about to barbecue your ass."

Clark arrived to see the door get blown off of it's hinges by a stream of fire. Clark knocked it aside and ran inside and saw Gene's father knocked down on the floor, unconscious and his shirt on fire. Clark grabbed him and ran to a safe distance, moving so fast that his speed snuffed out the flames, and set him down and then ran back to the house, placing back on his jacket and sunglasses.

Amidst all of the flames that were swiftly consuming the house, Clark spotted him. "Gene Kelvin!"
"No...not Gene...Fahrenheit!" The fires rose up around him.
"Whatever you're calling yourself, it's over now. I'm taking you to jail."
"You and what army?!" Fahrenheit challenged and blasted Clark backwards and into a wall hard enough to put an impact crater in it. Clark fell onto the sink and rolled over and down onto the floor. He coughed but was able to shake it off. He stood up and looked at the pyro who was laughing madly. "Come on blue boy, let's see what you've got!" Clark rushed him and shoved Fahrenheit. The villain hit the wall hard but picked himself back up. "You think I can't take a hit?" He asked as he heated up even more, the flames on the floor and around his body shooting up in response. Clark took a step back but he could still handle the flames for now. Clark raised up his fists, this fight was going to take longer than he thought.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply