ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

Superman: Boy Of Steel

power_settings_newLogin to reply
3 posters

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 3 EmptyRe: Superman: Boy Of Steel

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Amidst all of the flames that were swiftly consuming the house, Clark spotted him. "Gene Kelvin!"
"No...not Gene...Fahrenheit!" The fires rose up around him.
"Whatever you're calling yourself, it's over now. I'm taking you to jail."
"You and what army?!" Fahrenheit challenged and blasted Clark backwards and into a wall hard enough to put an impact crater in it. Clark fell onto the sink and rolled over and down onto the floor. He coughed but was able to shake it off. He stood up and looked at the pyro who was laughing madly. "Come on blue boy, let's see what you've got!" Clark rushed him and shoved Fahrenheit. The villain hit the wall hard but picked himself back up. "You think I can't take a hit?" He asked as he heated up even more, the flames on the floor and around his body shooting up in response. Clark took a step back but he could still handle the flames for now. Clark raised up his fists, this fight was going to take longer than he thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
Clark closed in on him and caught his blazing hot fist and then knocked him backwards against a wall. Clark was shaking his hand and blowing on it which gave Fahrenheit time to recover and shot at Clark with a stream of fire. Clark backed away and Fahrenheit closed in, the flames around him continuing to increase in heat and intensity. Clark rolled to the side to get away from him and then rushed Fahrenheit and tackled him out of a window.

The police soon arrived to see Mr.Kelvin unconscious and burned and the house on fire. "Damn, looks like the kid was right." Officer Adams was cut off by the sound of explosions from behind the house. "What the hell's going on back there? You men, check on him. The rest of you, with me!"

Fahrenheit ducked under a swing from Clark and then grabbed him and punched him a few times in the stomach, causing Clark to wince, but then Clark grabbed his arm punched him across the face and grabbed his head and tossed him across the ground, causing Fahrenheit to ground-slide for a few feet, leaving a trail of fire as he did. Fahrenheit kicked back up and launched flames at Clark, who blitzed up on top of the rapidly burning house. "STAND STILL!" Fahrenheit yelled and blasted at him again only for Clark to jump into the air and land a few feet behind him. The human flame spun around and swung the flames at him only for Clark roll under them and hit him in the stomach.

"What....what is this?" Adams asked herself as she watched this battle between superhumans.
Clark ducked and dodged his punches and returned his own, throwing Fahrenheit around with the impacts. Dazed but still going, Fahrenheit recovered, stood up and reached deep into himself to find the power he needed. His throat glowed a bright orange as the flames died down for a moment. Spotting the police, he turned and opened his mouth and spit out a stream of fire right at them. "Ohhh shhhiiii-"
Clark, reacting quickly, ran in front of them and, making it just in time, dug in his feet and crossed his arms in front of himself and took the blast.
http://i.stack.imgur.com/EFNKL.jpg
Despite Clark blocking it, the blast exploded against him enough force to knock over the police officers. Sitting up, Officer Adams stared, mouth open, as she saw this young man in blue standing tall against the raging flames, protecting them.

Grunting and gritting his teeth, Clark pushed forward, moving his hands outward to block the flames as he took one step, and then another, towards his opponent.
Fahrenheit stared in horror and tried sending out more fire but his flames were dying down the more energy he put into it. Clark was pushed back a little but he refused to back down and pushed against the flames until he could reach Fahrenheit and covered his mouth and then punched Fahrenheit hard in the stomach before flipping and slamming him down on the ground hard enough to knock him out.
Fahrenheit's flames died down and he returned to normal. Clark looked back at the house as the flames were consuming it. Obviously too late to save it, but Gene brought that on himself. Clark took a few moments to catch his breath and then retrieved his sunglasses before speaking to them. "Are you alright?" He asked, deepening his voice slightly.

"Uhh...yeah, thanks...what...what is he?"

"Gene Kelvin. I don't know how, but he gave himself powers and....well, became this." Clark said and helped Officer Adams up. The sound of fire engines could be heard. "Oh, now they show up!"
"Funny...so..tell me stranger....are you the guy from the bank?"
"I am."
"Okaaaay....not that I'm not grateful but, who are you?"
Clark smiled. "A friend. Now, as for him...I would recommend keeping him under and keeping extinguishers handy. If you'll excuse me."
"Wait! Wha...what do we call you?"
"I'm sure you'll find something Officer." Clark said and sped off, appearing simply as a blue blur to everyone present.
"Everybody else saw all that right?"
"Yes ma'am."
"OKay...good...good uhm, well, cuff him."

more_horiz

Boy of Steel Feats Thus Far....

1: Superhuman Speed: Fast enough to be appear as a blur to normal humans and run from the top floor of a hospital and past a group of police officers before said officers can finish getting into their cars.
2: Heat Resistant: Can take fire blasts, fire punches and being surrounded by gradually hotter flames fairly well and even grab and punch Fahrenheit, who was covered in fire.
3: Durable: Shrugs off gunfire, albeit with bruises on his skin, and survived a grenade to the chest.
4: Superhumanly Strong: Lifted up and carried a bus, underwater, on his shoulders, and carry it onto dry land, break gun barrels, throw around men in full body armor with ease and send Fahrenheit through the air with his hits.

more_horiz
Pretty good fight. Also pretty nifty first time opponent for Clark, liked that he actually had a motivation that is beyond lusting after Lana that the series had. Makes me look forward to more meteor freaks in the future

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Pretty good fight. Also pretty nifty first time opponent for Clark, liked that he actually had a motivation that is beyond lusting after Lana that the series had. Makes me look forward to more meteor freaks in the future

Thanks man. Very Happy 

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Thanks man. Very Happy 

Feel free to check out the Batman Begins teaser trailer:) 

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Admin wrote:
Legato wrote:
Thanks man. Very Happy 
Feel free to check out the Batman Begins teaser trailer:) 

That was great. Very Happy 

more_horiz

Back at the farm.

Jonathan was trying to work but he couldn't help but be worried about this son. He knew how strong Clark was, but who knew what his limits were. What if this pyro set him on fire? Could Clark withstand it? They knew about Clark surviving a grenade but a man with actual powers could potentially be much more dangerous than that. Or what if he was using some kind of device to cause the fires or something else?

"You're worried about him aren't you?" Martha asked as she walked out to talk with him.
"I just think he should have left these fires to the authorities Martha. We don't know what he is up against."
Martha placed a comforting hand on his cheek. "It's Clark. We know how tough that son of ours is. He's strong, he's fast and he's smart. One guy with a flamethrower? That won't be a problem for our boy. Now, would you like some help out here?"
"I'd love that Martha."

As the two got to work on the farm, a blue blur zipped past them and into the house. Jonathan and Martha followed quickly and discovered Clark in the kitchen, where Clark was retrieving an ice cold soda from the Refrigerator. He opened it up and quickly chugged down the whole drink. "WHOOO!" Clark exclaimed as he set it down. "I gotta tell you guys, I needed that. Fighting a fire is thirsty work."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Back at the farm.

Jonathan was trying to work but he couldn't help but be worried about this son. He knew how strong Clark was, but who knew what his limits were. What if this pyro set him on fire? Could Clark withstand it? They knew about Clark surviving a grenade but a man with actual powers could potentially be much more dangerous than that. Or what if he was using some kind of device to cause the fires or something else?

"You're worried about him aren't you?" Martha asked as she walked out to talk with him.
"I just think he should have left these fires to the authorities Martha. We don't know what he is up against."
Martha placed a comforting hand on his cheek. "It's Clark. We know how tough that son of ours is. He's strong, he's fast and he's smart. One guy with a flamethrower? That won't be a problem for our boy. Now, would you like some help out here?"
"I'd love that Martha."

As the two got to work on the farm, a blue blur zipped past them and into the house. Jonathan and Martha followed quickly and discovered Clark in the kitchen, where Clark was retrieving an ice cold soda from the Refrigerator. He opened it up and quickly chugged down the whole drink. "WHOOO!" Clark exclaimed as he set it down. "I gotta tell you guys, I needed that. Fighting a fire is thirsty work."

"You fought a fire?" Jonathan asked, amused and proud of his son.
"A fireman to be precise."
"What did the poor man do to you?" Martha asked.
"No, see, this was a literal fireman. As in, he was on fire and shooting fire. Out of his hands. At me."
"Are you serious?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am very serious! It wasn't just me, the officers who came with me to the Kelvin house all saw him! This boy has some kind of....powers! He was shooting fire from his hands!"
"Now, now, Officer. It was fire and I'm sure you thought you saw something, but it is not possible that a man could do that. Isn't it possible that he was throwing around a torch or something?"
"Now you listen here! I know what I saw! There two men: Kelvin and The Blue Man!"
"A police officer."
"No, I had officers with me, but this man wasn't one and he had....he was strong, he was fast! As fast as the man from the bank! He IS the man from the bank!"
"Now, officer, look, I am a man of science. I am sure you thought you saw something, but, what you are describing is simply not possible. So unless I see some gosh darn proof, I am not putting this young man in a drug induced coma. Now, I will allow you to cuff him, but I will not do more than that."
"You are making a serious mistake! That boy is dangerous!"
"And you can question him after he's feeling better. Until then, please let us do our job."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So then I knocked him out and checked in on the police officers and ran off."
"Oh my...that is...wow. I don't know what to say about a day like that." Martha replied.
"I know, right? It was amazing. I had never really fought anybody before. I mean, those punks at the bank went down in one hit but this guy I could actually fight."
"How did it feel Clark?"
"Well, I can't say I enjoyed it, but it did feel good bringing him to justice and saving the police officers."
"Clark...did they recognize you?"
"They don't even know me, mom and besides I was wearing a mask when I was at the bank and I was wearing sunglasses this time."
"Alright, alright..now, Clark, I am glad you did this. You did the right thing, nobody is going to argue that. But, you do have to think about your secret." Jonathan started.
"I've been putting some thought to that actually." Clark toyed with the sunglasses. "And I have some ideas..."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:

Back at the farm.

"I'd love that Martha."

"You fought a fire?" Jonathan asked, amused and proud of his son.
"A fireman to be precise."
"What did the poor man do to you?" Martha asked.
"No, see, this was a literal fireman. As in, he was on fire and shooting fire. Out of his hands. At me."
"Are you serious?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am very serious! It wasn't just me, the officers who came with me to the Kelvin house all saw him! This boy has some kind of....powers! He was shooting fire from his hands!"
"Now, now, Officer. It was fire and I'm sure you thought you saw something, but it is not possible that a man could do that. Isn't it possible that he was throwing around a torch or something?"
"Now you listen here! I know what I saw! There two men: Kelvin and The Blue Man!"
"A police officer."
"No, I had officers with me, but this man wasn't one and he had....he was strong, he was fast! As fast as the man from the bank! He IS the man from the bank!"
"Now, officer, look, I am a man of science. I am sure you thought you saw something, but, what you are describing is simply not possible. So unless I see some gosh darn proof, I am not putting this young man in a drug induced coma. Now, I will allow you to cuff him, but I will not do more than that."
"You are making a serious mistake! That boy is dangerous!"
"And you can question him after he's feeling better. Until then, please let us do our job."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So then I knocked him out and checked in on the police officers and ran off."
"Oh my...that is...wow. I don't know what to say about a day like that." Martha replied.
"I know, right? It was amazing. I had never really fought anybody before. I mean, those punks at the bank went down in one hit but this guy I could actually fight."
"How did it feel Clark?"
"Well, I can't say I enjoyed it, but it did feel good bringing him to justice and saving the police officers."
"Clark...did they recognize you?"
"They don't even know me, mom and besides I was wearing a mask when I was at the bank and I was wearing sunglasses this time."
"Alright, alright..now, Clark, I am glad you did this. You did the right thing, nobody is going to argue that. But, you do have to think about your secret." Jonathan started.
"I've been putting some thought to that actually." Clark toyed with the sunglasses. "And I have some ideas..."

"So?"
"They agreed to let me cuff him but nobody is believing us about the human flamethrower. So we'll wait. That kid is a major rage case and when he wakes up and starts rampaging, we'll run in and start spraying him down with the extinguisher." Nancy said to them.
"Alright, coffee?"
"I could use some. Thank you."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clark put on heavier clothing and walked out of the bathroom wearing a pair of glasses. "What do you think?"
"I don't get it." Jonathan commented.
Clark grinned. "It's genius! Actually, I have Lana to thank for it. See, thanks to that meteor rock she was wearing the first day, my coordination was off. The day after that, I was nervous and keeping my head down. So, basically, if I do that and act like a bit of a goof and like the other kids, I can deflect suspicion from myself. So when I go out and save people, they will look for the mysterious blue hero and not me."
Martha thought about all of this. "It does make sense and you could start acting in theater to help with your acting skills."
"You are right that it would help keep suspicion off of you." Jonathan agreed. "I can agree with it. Just be careful Clark and watch your back."
"I will dad and thank you both."
"Alright, I'll schedule a meeting with the eye doctor." Martha smiled.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gene Kelvin woke up in the hospital bed and tried to sit up, finding his wrist cuffed to the hospital bed. "What the? Where the f-k am I? HELLO?!"
A doctor walked into the room. "Hello Gene , how are you feeling?"
"How do you think I'm feeling? Why am I cuffed to a bed?"
"Well, you were involved in a fire at your house. It was burned to the ground and your father was injured. We're still trying to sort out the details. The police say you were attacked by a man?"
"A man? That freak in blue, yeah, yeah and I'm going to find that bastard."
"I am sorry Gene but you need to stay here and rest. You have taken quite the beating and-"
"I'm leaving."
"Gene, again, I'm sorry but you must stay put!"
"I.AM.LEAVING!" Gene pulled on the cuffs and broke out of them and whipped off the blanket. "And frying you!"
"HELP!"
Nancy dropped her cup and ran over to where the extinguisher was and broke open the glass with her baton, pulled it out and started running.
The doctor was knocked out of the room and as the doctors and nurses ran to help him up, they saw a man on fire, literally, walking out of the room. "WHO IS UP FOR A BBQ?!" He laughed maniacally.
"HEY!" Nancy ran over and started spraying him down, causing Gene to fall back as his body was cooled down by the extinguisher and then Nancy whacked him upside the head with the extinguisher and kicked him in the face. Thanks to the spray weakening him considerably, the hits dropped him. She kicked him again just to be sure. "I told you! HUMAN! FLAMETHROWER!" She walked out of the room. "Now help me with him, let's cuff him again and put him on a damn oxygen induced coma!"

more_horiz

Night.
Gene's friends were still parked in front of the gas station. It had been hours since the fire at Gene's house but despite his signal and what he told them, he hadn't shown up and they were getting tired of waiting. Finally, Reggie decided to just come out and say it. "I don't think he's coming."
"Whelp, I'm going home." The driver said and the truck drove away as the teens decided to just forget about the whole thing.

CREDITS!

more_horiz
lol go officer!! w00t

more_horiz
Does my heart good to see a police officer acting with a degree of competency. The end bit is funny yet true

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Does my heart good to see a police officer acting with a degree of competency. The end bit is funny yet true

Thanks man.  Very Happy 

descriptionSuperman: Boy Of Steel - Page 3 EmptyWhen Smallville Freezes Over

more_horiz

Out of the Frying Pan and into The Freezer
Superman: Boy Of Steel - Page 3 Ist2_562792_girl_and_ice
The Ice-Woman is coming.

more_horiz
Four Years Ago during a cold Winter...

A Young Woman was driving in a pickup truck and listening to music on her way home. The snow was coming down hard around Smallville this year but it wasn't anything she could handle. Jane would be home before dinner and partying all Christmas long. She had a whole list of amazing presents she couldn't wait to give out. Jane was also planning to try and invite the Kents. Jonathan was great with jokes and storytelling after all.
A honking from behind her. Jane glanced up at the mirror and saw a truck honking it's horn and flashing it's lights at her. She smiled and politely went into the other lane to allow the driver to pass. The truck drove in with her and started to speed up. Jane, afraid now, went into the other lane again. The truck continued chasing her though and sped up even more, bumping into her and rocking Jane. Now very afraid, Jane sped up her truck, trying to get away but the truck continued ramming her. "Stop it! JUST GO AROUND!" Jane screamed as she tried to get away.
The truck suddenly pulled up alongside her and slammed against her truck. She could see the four men inside were laughing at her and cheering, obviously drunk. The truck hit her again and Jane lost control, her pickup going off the road and she found herself driving through the woods, past trees, bushes and off a ledge and into the lake, her truck disappearing beneath the waves. The truck sank like a stone and collided with the lake bottom, rocking Jane and making her hit her head on the dashboard, the glass cracking and breaking as the ice cold water rushed in. Jane screams soon turned into gurgles and then into silence as the lake froze over.
Jane was left on the bottom of the frozen lake surrounded by glowing frozen ice for months.

Her family and others searched for her high and low but it wasn't until the lake unfroze that her body was discovered and presumed dead. Her body was placed in the morgue and they were making the arrangements for her funeral when her eyes opened. A box. She was inside of a metal box and trapped.
Frightened, she banged on the metal box surrounding her and pushed and kicked and screamed, trying in vain to free herself as the box around her started to freeze solid. Soon, her leg broke through and she was able to pull herself free.
Jane had to take a moment to adjust to her surroundings. The bright lights shining down on her, the freezing cold air around her...where was she? Jane tried to sit up and fell off of the metal slab, landing on the floor. She turned and glanced around. A morgue. She was inside of the Smallville Morgue.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs6/f/2006/351/d/b/Midnight_At_The_Morgue_by_jamesc.jpg
"Aaaah....aaaahh....aaaaaahhhh!" She stumbled over to a table and lifted up papers. She saw her name. Jane Blake, age 17, found frozen in the bottom of a lake, death from car crash and freezing. Deceased. Deceased. Deceased. "No...no...no. NOOOOO!" She threw the papers against the wall and smashed the table. "NO!" It wasn't possible! She was alive! ALIVE! But the car wreck....she remembered it all now. The car crash had been caused by those men and she froze and drowned. February, early February now. She was down there for months before anybody had found her. Jane broke down and fell to her knees, sobbing. The air around her grew colder as the tears slowly slid down her face and froze, turning to ice and shattering on the marble floor of the morgue.

"What the hell is going on in-" The coroner walked in and stared at the sobbing blue creature in front of him. Her skin was a dark blue, her fingers and toes were black from frostbite, her hair lily white. As it continued sobbing, the morgue floor and walls started to freeze, ice forming from the air around them. "What...what are you? What the hell are you?"
"Please...please help me. Help me!" The creature pleaded as it stood up and walked towards him. In his fear, he grabbed a scalpel and swung it at the air. "G-Get away! Get the hell away from me!"
"No, please. I just need-"
"HELP! HEELLLLLP!"
She could hear people coming and saw shadows approaching the door. Jane turned and ran, grabbing a sheet off of a table and wrapping herself up with it and jumping through a window, crashing through it and running off into the night.

Jane ran through Smallville until she arrived at her house. Inside was her family. Her mom, her dad, her kid brother, all of them so sad. All of them sitting down to a dinner and comforting one another. Jane took a step forward...and saw her reflection. The black eyed, blue skinned creature staring back at her was not who she remembered. She touched her face and sat down, her back to the wall. The grass around her was freezing now. Jane was what that man had said: She had become a monster now. Wrapping herself tightly, she wandered off.

Mister Blake opened the window and looked out. "Is somebody there?"
"Is everything okay Rodger?"
"Well, I could have sworn I saw somebody..."

Jane walked through the forest until she came to the lake where she had been frozen. She by all rights should have died here. Yet she was alive again...how? Why? It wasn't to go back home, not yet, she couldn't go home to them looking like this. They would be afraid of her, just like the coroner was. If she had come back to life as a monster, there had to be a reason for it.
Then it hit her all at once. Of course, it was so simple a reason! What other to return to this world, than for revenge? To take her revenge out on the men who had destroyed her life! To make them suffer and freeze just as she had!
Jane dropped the sheet and stepped out onto the lake, freezing the water with her steps. She walked across the lake and it froze beneath her. Yes, Vengeance would be hers. She would find the men who had destroyed her life and make them suffer! "I will find you." She swore. "I WILL FIND YOU ALL!"
With that, Jane walked off into the darkness...

Present Time

A man was relaxing in his apartment with a beer and his cell phone in his hands. "Are you serious Rupert? The whole gang is getting back together in Smallville?" He asked.
"Damn right Bruno. It's been years since we've all seen each other. We'll hit up the bar, see the old places, drink and swap stories, it'll be fun!"
"B-But Smallville...isn't that where.."
"Oh come on! It's been four years! If anybody was going to bust us for that, they would have done by now! Nobody else knew we did it and we were drunk anyway. So who cares?"
"Yeah, you're right man. Alright, have you called up Kurtis?"
"That's the thing, I've been trying to, but he hasn't been picking up."
"Weird. Alright, I'll try him." Bruno shivered. He didn't know why, but he just got a cold chill. "Okay, see you in Smallville buddy." Bruno hung up and stood up, setting his drink down and walking over to the thermostat, trying to warm himself up as the room got colder. He reached the thermostat...and saw the numbers dropping rapidly. "What the hell?"
He heard a noise and saw a woman in black jeans and boots with a black-raincoat and hood over her head staring at him. "Jesus!" Bruno jumped, frightened at the sudden arrival.
"Not quite." Her voice was like a scratchy whisper, as if it was hard to talk. "Bruno....Bruno, Bruno, Bruno. I'll hand it to you, it took me awhile to find you."
A pale blue light started covering her hand. "Yeah? Well, bad luck for you!" Bruno reached back and pulled out a handgun. He took off the safety and raised it up. "Now you've got 10 seconds to tell me what you want before I go John Woo on your creepy butt!"
"Vengeance. For what you stole from me!"
"Stole? Stole what?"
"MY LIFE!" The woman screamed and a small knife formed out of thin air in her hand. She whipped it forward so fast that Bruno couldn't even see it before it went through the gun barrel and came out the other side, destroying his gun. "AHHH!" The woman lunged forward, grabbing Bruno by his mouth and silencing him. "You don't remember me? How about now?" She pulled back the hood to reveal her face. "Do you remember four years ago? In the snow? When you and your buddies drove me off the road?" Bruno's eyes widened in horror. "Thaaat's it. Now answer me: Are your other friends going to be there? All three? Well....I should ask, all two of them? I already paid Kurtis a visit. Tell me the truth, and I will spare you."
Bruno nodded several times. "Good. You see, I am revenge given form. I am Frostbite and I will not be satisfied until you have all paid for what you did to me that night."
She let Bruno fall to the floor. "Y-you....you have to understand!" Bruno sobbed. "We was drunk! We didn't know what we were doing! Never in a million years would we have done that sober!"
Frostbite studied him. "I believe you. And that is why you will live. But...you still must face your punishment."
"P-Punishment?"
"Breathe through your nose." She advised as the blue lights surrounded her hands once more.

Neighbors heard his screams and came running to find ice forming around the door. They tried breaking through it but it was no good so the police were called. They eventually broke down the door...to find that Bruno's apartment was covered in ice, with literally everything inside frozen solid. Bruno was frozen to the wall from the neck down with his mouth covered in ice. He was looking around in panic and breathing through his nose the best he could manage.

Frostbite stood on the rooftop of a Metropolis Building, savoring the sweet taste of victory. "Two down, two to go. Time to go back to Smallville. This will end where it began."

more_horiz
Much better than the last meteor freak with freeze powers on the actual show

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Much better than the last meteor freak with freeze powers on the actual show

Sean Kelvin right? Yeah, he was kind of a punk. Icepick was better, but I think he was a metahuman, not a meteor freak.

And thank you man.  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Well that was a pretty gripping read

Definitely could visualize this

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Well that was a pretty gripping read

Definitely could visualize this

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Frostbite stood on the rooftop of a Metropolis Building, savoring the sweet taste of victory. "Two down, two to go. Time to go back to Smallville. This will end where it began."

Clark adjusted his glasses as he walked into school. It had been a couple of days since his literal firefight and it was still the school's hot topic. Chloe and Lana had tossed names back and forth before coming up with 'The Human Flamethrower' for Gene and Clark was still being named. Right now, they were deciding between Ubermensch or The Big Blue Blur. Although, Jimmy did toss out Ultraman. Clark had to admit, it had a ring to it, but it wasn't quite what he was looking for. As for Gene's friends, they had denied having anything to do with it. Gene was kept in the hospital with claims that he'd been injured and was being kept under for his own safety.

Clark waved to Jimmy, who took a moment to recognize Clark with the glasses. "Hey man!"
"Hey yourself Jimmy."
"What's with the..."
"Glasses. Yeah, the eye doctor suggested I wear them."
"Oh, they look, kinda cool. It was a good selection."
"Thanks Jim."
Clark waved to Lana and Chloe. "Hey Clark, we're putting together a get well soon card for Gene. You want to sign it?"
"For Gene?"
"Yeah, I mean, he may have been a jerk but...losing his home and he and his dad being put in the hospital? He didn't deserve that."
(Oh, if only they knew the truth of Gene's rampage.) Clark thought to himself but smiled anyway. "Sure, I'll sign." Clark took out a pen and jotted down his name. "Those glasses look good on you Clark." Chloe smiled.
"Thanks Chloe."
Jimmy signed next and they headed off to class. Aside from everybody still talking about Blur and Flamethrower, life was normal. Clark acted slightly clumsy at points, just to push away any ideas of him being the Blur. After a few other classes and a speaker coming in to talk to everybody about fire safety, Clark got some time to himself. He was walking around the outside of the school and just enjoying his day when he heard a distant cry for help. It was faint at first, but then Clark closed his eyes and listened. Finding it's source, he made certain that nobody was watching him and sped off, reaching into his bookbag for his suit.
He arrived at the scene wearing sunglasses and a blue motorcycle jacket to find...a cat stuck in a tree with a little girl trying to convince it to come down. It was rather high up there too. "Cats huh? Any idea how he got up there?"
"She. She climbed up and now I can't get her to come down."
"I see. Well don't worry about it. I'll have your cat down in a second."
"Really?"
"Really." Clark smiled. "Watch this." He hopped up to the branch that the cat was clinging onto, grabbed hold with one hand, gently picked up the cat with the other and hopped back down, landing and holding the cat gently. He handed the cat back to the girl. The cat mewed happily as the girl embraced her. "Thank you! Thank you so much Mister!"
"Blur. Call me Blur." Clark smiled and walked away. "You take care now!"
"You too! Thanks again!" Clark waved and sped off, returning to school in his street clothes in time for lunch.

more_horiz

Rupert parked his truck in front of his old house and stepped out, taking a deep breath and enjoying that fine, Smallville Air. "Ahhhh, nothing like home."
http://hedrus.deviantart.com/art/Trucker-from-Silent-Hill-V-102154012
The key was under the mat just as usual and he opened up the door. Walking around his house, he found a note.

AWAY ON ROAD TRIP TO FLORIDA
SORRY WE CAN'T BE THERE SONNY
HAVE FUN AND TAKE CARE OF THE HOUSE
-Pa

Rupert had himself a laugh. Even after all these years, his old man still prefered communicating by notes. Setting down his cap on the note, he ran a hand through his hair and walked around the house, getting himself re-adjusted to the house he hadn't seen in four years while also getting things set up for the party he was planning his three friends. Setting up a beer cooler, turning the TV to a football game and getting food ready.
Hearing honking outside, Rupert opened the door and smiled at his old friend Larry.
http://dadlovesmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/thetexaschainsawmassacrethebeginning03.jpg
"Larry!"
"Rupert, you old dog, I've missed you!" The two friends hugged. "How have you been keeping?"
"Very well. Trucker gig is going good. You?"
"Odd jobs. Just stuff here and there and everywhere."
"Sounds fun. Please, make yourself at home."
"Think I will." Larry said and hung up his jacket. "The others here yet?"
"No and I haven't heard yet either. But, you know them. Always 'right on time'." Rupert laughed.
"More like a minute after. Got any cold ones?"
"Kitchen."
The friends opened up beer bottles and clinked them together.

Deer and small animals in the forest ran away as she approached, as if sensing the danger she possessed. Leaves, flowers and grass were freezing in her wake. She continued forward towards the lake, the same one that had once been her tomb. As she had done four years ago, Frostbite froze it solid and calmly walked across. After four long years of solitude and hunting, she had returned to Smallville, where she would have her vengeance.

Smallville High
Clark spotted Chloe sitting in the school library looking at newspapers. Walking inside, he gently tapped the desk to get her attention. "Hm? Oh, Clark. What's up?"

"I missed you at lunch, so I was wondering where you were."

"Oh, I was just going over old Smallville news papers and reports to see if there were any previous stories of superhumans or fire men."

"That's a good idea. Anything come up?"

"Actually...well, it's not major, but...there is an unsolved mystery regarding a blue woman and a missing body."

Clark pulled up a chair. "Go on."

"Well, there was this coroner right?" Chloe proceeded to explain to Clark how the body of Jane Blake was found frozen solid underwater, trapped in a crashed pick up truck. Sent to the morgue, her body reportedly came back to life, turned into a blue skinned monster, attacked the coroner, wrecked the morgue and broke a window. The lake was later found frozen solid, but the ice woman was never found and it remained open. "A literal cold case."

"So four years ago there was an ice woman and just recently, we had to deal with fire..."

"Yeah, do you think there's a connection?"

"Maybe...the lake it happened in, what is it?"

"It was called Maltlake, but after what happened, people started calling it Frozen Hell Lake." Chloe studied him. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking, this might be worth checking out. No harm in looking."

"Alright, I'll see if I can borrow some equipment from the science room."

"Great. Meet up after school?"

"I'll be there."

Clark smiled and walked out of the library. If there was another threat coming, he wanted to know about it.

more_horiz
Frostbite's on the hunt and Clark is gearing up to investigate the scene. The confrontation's going to be interesting. Also Frozen Hell Lake is fitting

more_horiz
Legato wrote:
Frostbite's on the hunt and Clark is gearing up to investigate the scene. The confrontation's going to be interesting. Also Frozen Hell Lake is fitting

Thanks man, glad you're liking it.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Rupert parked his truck in front of his old house and stepped out, taking a deep breath and enjoying that fine, Smallville Air. "Ahhhh, nothing like home."
http://hedrus.deviantart.com/art/Trucker-from-Silent-Hill-V-102154012
The key was under the mat just as usual and he opened up the door. Walking around his house, he found a note.

AWAY ON ROAD TRIP TO FLORIDA
SORRY WE CAN'T BE THERE SONNY
HAVE FUN AND TAKE CARE OF THE HOUSE
-Pa

Rupert had himself a laugh. Even after all these years, his old man still prefered communicating by notes. Setting down his cap on the note, he ran a hand through his hair and walked around the house, getting himself re-adjusted to the house he hadn't seen in four years while also getting things set up for the party he was planning his three friends. Setting up a beer cooler, turning the TV to a football game and getting food ready.
Hearing honking outside, Rupert opened the door and smiled at his old friend Larry.
http://dadlovesmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/thetexaschainsawmassacrethebeginning03.jpg
"Larry!"
"Rupert, you old dog, I've missed you!" The two friends hugged. "How have you been keeping?"
"Very well. Trucker gig is going good. You?"
"Odd jobs. Just stuff here and there and everywhere."
"Sounds fun. Please, make yourself at home."
"Think I will." Larry said and hung up his jacket. "The others here yet?"
"No and I haven't heard yet either. But, you know them. Always 'right on time'." Rupert laughed.
"More like a minute after. Got any cold ones?"
"Kitchen."
The friends opened up beer bottles and clinked them together.

Deer and small animals in the forest ran away as she approached, as if sensing the danger she possessed. Leaves, flowers and grass were freezing in her wake. She continued forward towards the lake, the same one that had once been her tomb. As she had done four years ago, Frostbite froze it solid and calmly walked across. After four long years of solitude and hunting, she had returned to Smallville, where she would have her vengeance.

Smallville High
Clark spotted Chloe sitting in the school library looking at newspapers. Walking inside, he gently tapped the desk to get her attention. "Hm? Oh, Clark. What's up?"

"I missed you at lunch, so I was wondering where you were."

"Oh, I was just going over old Smallville news papers and reports to see if there were any previous stories of superhumans or fire men."

"That's a good idea. Anything come up?"

"Actually...well, it's not major, but...there is an unsolved mystery regarding a blue woman and a missing body."

Clark pulled up a chair. "Go on."

"Well, there was this coroner right?" Chloe proceeded to explain to Clark how the body of Jane Blake was found frozen solid underwater, trapped in a crashed pick up truck. Sent to the morgue, her body reportedly came back to life, turned into a blue skinned monster, attacked the coroner, wrecked the morgue and broke a window. The lake was later found frozen solid, but the ice woman was never found and it remained open. "A literal cold case."

"So four years ago there was an ice woman and just recently, we had to deal with fire..."

"Yeah, do you think there's a connection?"

"Maybe...the lake it happened in, what is it?"

"It was called Maltlake, but after what happened, people started calling it Frozen Hell Lake." Chloe studied him. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking, this might be worth checking out. No harm in looking."

"Alright, I'll see if I can borrow some equipment from the science room."

"Great. Meet up after school?"

"I'll be there."

Clark smiled and walked out of the library. If there was another threat coming, he wanted to know about it.

After school, they let Lana and Whitney in on the case and hitched a ride with them. The ride there was pleasant, a nice breeze on a warm, sunny day. But as they got closer to the lake, they noticed the temperature was gradually dropping. Lana shivered. "Is anybody else feeling a chill?" "I could warm you up." Whitney offered. "Eyes on the road."
"It's not just you Lana, I'm feeling it too." Chloe said.
"Maybe Frozen Hell Lake is cursed?" Clark joked.
Soon, they noticed something falling from the sky. Something small, white and cold. "What the?"
"Is-is that snow?!" Lana asked.
"Clark, I'm not gonna say you jinxed us, but..." Chloe looked up in the sky at the snowflakes falling down from the sky. "..But it's Summer? How does this make sense?"
"Maybe Clark was right?" Whitney suggested and turned up the temperature in the car.

Arriving at the lake, Clark saw it first and hopped out and ran over to it. "Clark! Where are you going?" Lana asked. "You guys have gotta see this!"
The others parked and ran to catch up with him. Chloe reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone and turned on the camera. "Hello." She said into the camera. "My name is Chloe Sullivan with the Smallville Torch. My friends and I came out to investigate the truth of Frozen Hell Lake, and, well, we got way more than we bargained for. Um, for starters, it's snowing." She turned the camera to look up at the clouds. "It is snowing, how? How is it snowing? It is still Summer and it is perfectly warm elsewhere. But, on the way here, we all felt it getting colder and now, brace yourselves..." She turned the camera to face the lake. "What you are seeing is not an illusion, nor is it a video effect, this is all live. The Lake has been frozen solid by an unknown force. I am going forward now, to investigate."

As the others were looking around, Clark crouched down and gazed into the frozen lake. Thanks to his enhanced vision, he saw little pieces of meteor rocks frozen in suspension under the lake. Thinking back, Clark remembered that the fire-man had also somehow gained powers from the meteor rocks. Looking back up, Clark saw a trail leading away from the lake. "Chloe! Over here!" Lana waved her over, having spotted the same trail that Clark did.
Chloe ran over and looked at it with the phone. "Is this what I think it is?" "It's a trail in the snow...a trail of footprints." Whitney said. "Ohhh....oh man." Lana stood up and pointed in the direction of the trail. "Th-this means that...whoever or whatever did this is...was just here!"
Clark took a few steps forward, ready to go race after the culprit but stopped, knowing he couldn't reveal his secret.
"Hey Chloe?" Clark asked.
"What?"
"...Gene, he got his powers from meteor rocks in a sauna, right?"
"Best theory we have, yes."
"Approximately how long do you think he was in there?"
Lana and Whitney looked at each other.
"Well...going by the report, a couple minutes, at best?"
"That's what I was afraid of." Clark put his hands in his pockets and turned back to look at the lake. A few minutes of exposure had turned Gene into a walking inferno with superhuman strength and durability.
But...if just a few minutes had turned a punk like Gene into such a powerhouse, what about Jane Blake? The woman who had spent months surrounded by meteor rocks...with four years to master her powers?
"What should we do?"
"We go to the police." Clark said.
"Will they believe us?" Whitney asked.
"We have evidence and Gene did have a freakout. They'll believe us and with them working to keep people inside and sheltered, they can more easily find and stop Jane."
"Alright, let's go."
The group piled into Whitney's car once more and drove away.
Clark shivered, not just from the cold, but from wondering if he could really stop somebody this powerful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Timmy Blake walked through the graveyard and crouched down on the grass at his sister's grave. It was empty, he knew that, but with four years and no sign of her missing body, she was presumed dead. They had searched so long and hard for her: Driving around and asking for help, putting up posters, begging for help, putting up a cash reward for any help in finding her, searching other towns and in the forest. But they came up with nothing. After the funeral, they had tried to move on but Timmy, like his parents, were never able to. To this day, his parents still went on drives to find any sign of her.
Timmy put down the roses. "I-I know...I know you're out there, sis. I just don't know where!" He teared up. "We've....we've looked for you for four years! But it....it just seem hopeless! I don't know what do anymore...so, so I'm asking you, could please just send us a sign? Just one? Just-just show me you're alive!" He sobbed. "I miss you so much!"
Moments later, Timmy felt a cold breeze and had a sudden sensation that he was being watched. Wiping his eyes with the back of his sleeve, Timmy looked up to see a woman in a black raincoat standing over him.
http://mintyandpeaches.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/3-in-1-umbrella-coat-raincoat/
The woman was about to ask him something but paused when she saw his face. Timmy noticed her seizing up. "What is it? Do I have something on my face?"
"I, n-no...it's just...um, did you lose somebody?" She asked and pulled down her hood.
"My big sister, she vanished four years ago. They pulled her out of the lake, but then they said a blue woman attacked the morgue and the body disappeared. But, I say she's alive."
"Timmy." She put a hand on his head. Timmy flinched from how freezing cold it was. "You are...a good kid. Your sister is smiling down on you." She lifted her hand again and a pale blue light surrounded it, taking the form of a rose. She set the ice rose down on the grave and walked away. Timmy stared at the beautiful ice rose for a moment before reaching out and touching it for a moment but pulled back, it was incredibly cold. Turning around, he saw the woman walking out of the graveyard. "H-hey! Hey! Wait up! How did you do that? How did you know my name?!" Timmy got up and ran after her. "Wait! Please, just wait a second!" He stopped for a moment and saw the snow falling from the sky. "What the...snow? Here? Now? But how could..." Timmy looked up at the sky and then back to the grave. "Jane?"

more_horiz
Will Clark stop an adversary who has developed a rather cold reputation? Will he save the ones that she has targeted? All these questions will be answered when one tune in to the exciting adventures of Smallville!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply