ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

NuCAU: Ascension City

power_settings_newLogin to reply
5 posters

descriptionNuCAU: Ascension City - Page 12 EmptyRe: NuCAU: Ascension City

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Eliza shrugged. "Eh, we're frenemies, don't you know that's how girls roll Neil? I don't know who's more clueless, you OR Jay" she'd say, laughing. "Uh, Street Fighter okay? Or would you wanna play the Astroman game? I think I wanna play that, bet I can beat you!"
"Ha. I'll bet you a Pepsi that you're wrong." Neil smiled and flipped her a quarter.

"Yesss." Lyra found a quiz game in a corner of the arcade and popped in a quarter.
Eliza grinned at him as she put the quarter in the machine. "you're on!" she'd tell him, starting the game up.

"I use to play this with my dad back in fourth grade, you're not gonna top my score!" she'd say, tearing throught he first few levels
He smirked and started playing catch up, his accelerated reflexes allowing him to easily get all of the points and even take down enemies that were trying to sneak attack him, Neil soon started exceeding her score.
Eliza looked over and saw how quickly he was gaining up on her, racking up points at a ridiculous rate. As the game ended, Eliza had died and Neil was still going, with Eliza taking a quick glance at his hands

He was moving awfully fast

awfully fast

then it hit her, and she felt some trepidation as she looked over at Neil
Play it cool Eliza, play it cool she'd say, pulling out her phone and texting Lyra.

Neil is super quick with his fingers, clue? After she texted it, she'd clap for Neil. "Well, looks like you got quite the skill there Neil, finished that really QUICK" she'd say, emphasizing the quick

"Yeah, well, I've played it a couple of times." He said. "It's all memorization really."

Lyra had finished the quiz game with a good score when she got the text. 'Could be. We should watch him more closely.'

"So, I believe you owe me a soda?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

Meanwhile, a biker gang was stopped in their tracks by Fastlane showing up. "Hey there Ripper." He said to the leader. "Been staying out of trouble since last time?"

"Rest assured, so long as you guys haven't been causing trouble again, I'm not gonna thrash you. I just want information. So then, what can you tell me about the slasher?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Eliza shrugged. "Eh, we're frenemies, don't you know that's how girls roll Neil? I don't know who's more clueless, you OR Jay" she'd say, laughing. "Uh, Street Fighter okay? Or would you wanna play the Astroman game? I think I wanna play that, bet I can beat you!"
"Ha. I'll bet you a Pepsi that you're wrong." Neil smiled and flipped her a quarter.

"Yesss." Lyra found a quiz game in a corner of the arcade and popped in a quarter.
Eliza grinned at him as she put the quarter in the machine. "you're on!" she'd tell him, starting the game up.

"I use to play this with my dad back in fourth grade, you're not gonna top my score!" she'd say, tearing throught he first few levels
He smirked and started playing catch up, his accelerated reflexes allowing him to easily get all of the points and even take down enemies that were trying to sneak attack him, Neil soon started exceeding her score.
Eliza looked over and saw how quickly he was gaining up on her, racking up points at a ridiculous rate. As the game ended, Eliza had died and Neil was still going, with Eliza taking a quick glance at his hands

awfully fast

Play it cool Eliza, play it cool she'd say, pulling out her phone and texting Lyra.

Neil is super quick with his fingers, clue? After she texted it, she'd clap for Neil. "Well, looks like you got quite the skill there Neil, finished that really QUICK" she'd say, emphasizing the quick
"Yeah, well, I've played it a couple of times." He said. "It's all memorization really."

Lyra had finished the quiz game with a good score when she got the text. 'Could be. We should watch him more closely.'

. "Seemed like more than rote memorization, I mean I get it's a game system but there's no way you could memorize all the variations of the levels, it's INHUMAN you know?" she'd say, and turn to Lyra. "Yeah, I owe you one"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

awfully fast

. "Seemed like more than rote memorization, I mean I get it's a game system but there's no way you could memorize all the variations of the levels, it's INHUMAN you know?" she'd say, and turn to Lyra. "Yeah, I owe you one"

"You should see some of the gamers at our school." Neil laughed.

"Vending machine is right around the corner."

more_horiz
"Riiiight" Eliza would say. She didn't really TELL anyone, but she did play. She took Lyra's hand and stared at her "I'll get it for you, oh mighty winner Lyra" she'd say as they walked toward the vending machine. Once there, she'd pull out a dollar and whisper to Lyra. "His fingers were a blur, I'm not even joking"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
"Riiiight" Eliza would say. She didn't really TELL anyone, but she did play. She took Lyra's hand and stared at her "I'll get it for you, oh mighty winner Lyra" she'd say as they walked toward the vending machine. Once there, she'd pull out a dollar and whisper to Lyra. "His fingers were a blur, I'm not even joking"

"A literal blur? Alright, that's another clue. But we'll need further evidence before we can prove it."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"A literal blur? Alright, that's another clue. But we'll need further evidence before we can prove it."
"Like what? a voice clip? D'you think they're might be one?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"No. There's no clips of the slasher speaking at all during the attacks. We would need, I dunno, to see him moving fast." Lyra said. "Anyway, you should text Jay about the fingers."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"No. There's no clips of the slasher speaking at all during the attacks. We would need, I dunno, to see him moving fast." Lyra said. "Anyway, you should text Jay about the fingers."
"Already on it" she'd say, sending the message as Lyra finished talking. "How do we lure it out thoug...wait, Lyra, do you have anything like a paintball gun? If not, I think I know who might"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Already on it" she'd say, sending the message as Lyra finished talking. "How do we lure it out thoug...wait, Lyra, do you have anything like a paintball gun? If not, I think I know who might"

"You know somebody who migh-wait, do you mean Randy? I am not asking for help from Randy."

Fastlane was in the middle of questioning a group of street toughs about the serial killer when he got the text. "Hold on." He pulled out his phone and looked at it. One of the thugs took a swing at him but Fastlane casually dodged and tripped him.

more_horiz
"He's not THAT bad" Eliza would say after sending the text. She then felt the silence hang for a moment, then replied

'Okay, he's KIND of a prick but I think he'll help us Lyra"

Jay would see the text about the fingers asking if Neal ususally moves that fast

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
"He's not THAT bad" Eliza would say after sending the text. She then felt the silence hang for a moment, then replied

Jay would see the text about the fingers asking if Neal ususally moves that fast

"Not really. Stay where you are, I'm coming over there." Fastlane texted back and then tossed another thug back to his gang. "Alright punks, I'm leaving and I'll let you go today. But I want you to put the word out, let people know that I'm coming for that psycho slasher."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Not really. Stay where you are, I'm coming over there." Fastlane texted back and then tossed another thug back to his gang. "Alright punks, I'm leaving and I'll let you go today. But I want you to put the word out, let people know that I'm coming for that psycho slasher."
"whatever you say man just quit smacking us eveyr other minute okay okay criminy!"

once Jay got there, Eliza would give him a weak smile. "Heyyy, so I KNOW it was a weird question, but trust me, when I saw Neal's fingers move, they were a blur. He beat me at that game and got a score that's like, by all means impossible if you're one player. He was playing like, two, or four people!"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"whatever you say man just quit smacking us eveyr other minute okay okay criminy!"

once Jay got there, Eliza would give him a weak smile. "Heyyy, so I KNOW it was a weird question, but trust me, when I saw Neal's fingers move, they were a blur. He beat me at that game and got a score that's like, by all means impossible if you're one player. He was playing like, two, or four people!"

"I see...where is he now?"

"You got here fast..." Lyra said to herself quietly. "He's in the bookstore."

Neil was currently relaxing in a chair and flipping through a Scott Pilgrim comic.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Neil was currently relaxing in a chair and flipping through a Scott Pilgrim comic.
"You're not going to talk to him ALONE are you? Like what if he IS the killer? shouldn't you get Fastlane or something Jay?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"You're not going to talk to him ALONE are you? Like what if he IS the killer? shouldn't you get Fastlane or something Jay?"

"I'll be fine." Jay assured them. "Camera's everywhere, if he tries something, everybody will know it. And...besides? How do we get in touch with Fastlane? You guys wait here and try to keep civilians back." Jay said to her.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"I'll be fine." Jay assured them. "Camera's everywhere, if he tries something, everybody will know it. And...besides? How do we get in touch with Fastlane? You guys wait here and try to keep civilians back." Jay said to her.

"In fact....while I hate to do this...I do have an idea on how to test him."

more_horiz
Eliza looked at Lyra. "You know what? Let's hear it" she'd say, turning around to face Jay again

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Eliza looked at Lyra. "You know what? Let's hear it"  she'd say, turning around to face Jay again

"Alright." Jay said. "I'm going to talk to him for a bit and I'll ensure his back is turned to you. Lyra, you finish that drink and then, with him distracted, make sure nobody is watching so you don't get kicked out and then throw that bottle at him as fast as you can."

"Eliza has the better throwing arm, actually." Lyra admitted.

"Alright then, Eliza, you up for it?" Jay asked.

"If he dodges without looking at it, then he really does have enhanced speed, though it is not necessarily proof that he's a killer. If it hits him, then it's our bad." Lyra realized. "It's not a bad plan."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Eliza looked at Lyra. "You know what? Let's hear it"  she'd say, turning around to face Jay again

"Alright." Jay said. "I'm going to talk to him for a bit and I'll ensure his back is turned to you. Lyra, you finish that drink and then, with him distracted, make sure nobody is watching so you don't get kicked out and then throw that bottle at him as fast as you can."

"If he dodges without looking at it, then he really does have enhanced speed, though it is not necessarily proof that he's a killer. If it hits him, then it's our bad." Lyra realized. "It's not a bad plan."
Eliza looked at Lyra, then Jay, hesitating for a bit before giving a thumbs up. "I'm ready, let's do this. If he's a killer though I'd like for my last drink to be a decent soda. I haven't had a coke in a while, pores and all that y'know?" she'd ask Lyra as they went to the bookstore, with Eliza stopping at a soda machine. She'd finish up her drink and hold the can as the group walked up to Neil

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Eliza looked at Lyra, then Jay, hesitating for a bit before giving a thumbs up. "I'm ready, let's do this. If he's a killer though I'd like for my last drink to be a decent soda. I haven't had a coke in a while, pores and all that y'know?" she'd ask Lyra as they went to the bookstore, with Eliza stopping at a soda machine. She'd finish up her drink and hold the can as the group walked up to Neil

"Neil, hey man."

"Sup Jay?"

"Not much, what are you reading?"

"Some comics I got. Flashpoint Paradox right now."

"Oh that is an awesome one. You see the movie?"

"You know, I did and it was great, but, what was up with anorexic Superman?"

"Well, the government had him in that red sunlight room, right?"

"Yeah, but, why starve him? I mean, you have a super being in your custody from birth, right? So why not treat him properly? If the government had been smart, they could have raised up a Superman to be completely loyal to them...and instead, they poke and prod him and lock him up. It just didn't make a lot of sense to me." Neil shook his head.

"The government in that universe are dicks. Remember Superman: Codename Patriot?"

"Oh jeeze."

"Yep." Jay chuckled.

Lyra and Eliza walked around the store, waiting for the signal. Lyra gravitating towards the numerous brain buster books.

"Okay, okay, try this one: Astroman....or Invincible?"

Jay sat down. "I don't know...Mark is a badass, he is, but, has Astroman ever had to go all out? I don't really think he has. Plus, he's got his family."

"Oh, no, no, no, no. If we bring in the Chase Siblings, then Invincible gets his brother, his dad and that one hot Viltrumite chick."

"Would she even help?"

"I think so. I mean, it would be a good fight for stories back on Viltrum, would it not?"

"Point taken."

"So what do you think?"

"I guess, flip a coin."

"Good enough for me."

Jay gestured subtly and Eliza spotted it. She got the message, found a spot where nobody was watching, pulled back and tossed the bottle at him. Neil knew it was coming but ignored it and let the light soda bottle hit his head while Eliza hid. "Gah!" Neil jumped and looked around. "What the-where'd that come from?"

He and Jay both looked around and Jay spotted her and shrugged. "Guess, whomever threw it already left."

"..Fine. Fine, I'll go recycle this. There's a recycling bin outside, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Out in the food court."

"Cool." Neil packed up the books he bought and was making his way out when the TV in the bookstore was interrupted by a news report. (Huh. That was quicker than I thought.)

"In other news, there is still no report on the possible identity of the slasher, however, the local superhero Fastlane did meet with reporters earlier today to deliver this message."

"Yo Neil, you might want to see this man."

Neil turned around and walked over to watch it with them.

The scene on the TV switched to show a costumed Fastlane speaking with reporters about the slasher.
"Unfortunately, I still have no clues as to the identity of this killer, but whoever he or she is, I would like to send him or her a message: Your days are numbered pal. You will not escape me and you will not escape justice. I'm going to find you and beat you to the ground. I don't know who you are, but I know what you are. You are nothing but a coward who preys on the innocent because you don't have the guts to face me head-on. So go ahead, hide in the shadows all you want. I will find you and drag you kicking and screaming into the light to face justice for your crimes. But, on the off chance you do grow a set, here I am psycho. Come and get me."

"...Wow. Didn't Fastlane had that in him." Lyra blinked. "Eliza, you seeing this?"

"That...was badass." Neil nodded.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Neil, hey man."

"Sup Jay?"

"Yeah, but, why starve him? I mean, you have a super being in your custody from birth, right? So why not treat him properly? If the government had been smart, they could have raised up a Superman to be completely loyal to them...and instead, they poke and prod him and lock him up. It just didn't make a lot of sense to me." Neil shook his head.

"The government in that universe are dicks. Remember Superman: Codename Patriot?"

"Oh jeeze."

"Yep." Jay chuckled.

Lyra and Eliza walked around the store, waiting for the signal. Lyra gravitating towards the numerous brain buster books.

Jay sat down. "I don't know...Mark is a badass, he is, but, has Astroman ever had to go all out? I don't really think he has. Plus, he's got his family."

"Oh, no, no, no, no. If we bring in the Chase Siblings, then Invincible gets his brother, his dad and that one hot Viltrumite chick."

"Would she even help?"

"I think so. I mean, it would be a good fight for stories back on Viltrum, would it not?"

"Point taken."

"So what do you think?"

"I guess, flip a coin."

"Good enough for me."

Jay gestured subtly and Eliza spotted it. She got the message, found a spot where nobody was watching, pulled back and tossed the bottle at him. Neil knew it was coming but ignored it and let the light soda bottle hit his head while Eliza hid. "Gah!" Neil jumped and looked around. "What the-where'd that come from?"

He and Jay both looked around and Jay spotted her and shrugged. "Guess, whomever threw it already left."

"Cool." Neil packed up the books he bought and was making his way out when the TV in the bookstore was interrupted by a news report. (Huh. That was quicker than I thought.)

"In other news, there is still no report on the possible identity of the slasher, however, the local superhero Fastlane did meet with reporters earlier today to deliver this message."

The scene on the TV switched to show a costumed Fastlane speaking with reporters about the slasher.
"Unfortunately, I still have no clues as to the identity of this killer, but whoever he or she is, I would like to send him or her a message: Your days are numbered pal. You will not escape me and you will not escape justice. I'm going to find you and beat you to the ground. I don't know who you are, but I know what you are. You are nothing but a coward who preys on the innocent because you don't have the guts to face me head-on. So go ahead, hide in the shadows all you want. I will find you and drag you kicking and screaming into the light to face justice for your crimes. But, on the off chance you do grow a set, here I am psycho. Come and get me."

"...Wow. Didn't Fastlane had that in him." Lyra blinked. "Eliza, you seeing this?"

"Yeaaaa, I'm seeing this Lyra. Fastlane is definitely going to make this freak pay. Whoever this jerk is, he'll be in for a rude awakening about using powers with no responsibility, won't he Neil?" Eliza would say, looking right at him. His little show didn't deter her from wanting to expose Neil.

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Neil, hey man."

"Sup Jay?"

"Oh jeeze."

"Yep." Jay chuckled.

"Would she even help?"

"Point taken."

"So what do you think?"

"I guess, flip a coin."

"Good enough for me."

"Yeaaaa, I'm seeing this Lyra. Fastlane is definitely going to make this freak pay. Whoever this jerk is, he'll be in for a rude awakening about using powers with no responsibility, won't he Neil?" Eliza would say, looking right at him. His little show didn't deter her from wanting to expose Neil.

"You know it. Psycho boy is going down." Neil responded, looking right back at her. "As for me, I am tossing this in the Recycle bin and heading home."

He walked out of the bookstore, with everybody inside chanting Fastlane's name.

(It is good to be me.) Jay thought to himself.

more_horiz
As everybody began chanting, Eliza followed Neil out, keeping her distance

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
As everybody began chanting, Eliza followed Neil out, keeping her distance

Neil walked normally until he mixed in with a crowd of people walking in through the doors. By the time Eliza got around them, Neil had vanished.

Looking around for him, Eliza felt a hand on her shoulder and jumped. She turned to find...

"Yo, everything okay?" Jay asked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply