ZDEMNSRPGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDEMNSRPGFORUMLog in

RPG Forum

NuCAU: Doughboy

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionNuCAU: Doughboy - Page 10 EmptyRe: NuCAU: Doughboy

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
"No problem kid, wanting to figure this stuff out the way you do means you like to take charge, you've got initiative. I see a bright future for you, a bright future in blue" Nemo would tell Doughboy. "Now the usual route to take you home? Nemo Express?"
"Is there any other way to travel?" He laughed.
"Well there's always American Airlines but then you gotta pay for that" Nemo would say as Doughboy found himself down the street from his house. "Well kid, this is where we part ways for now. You keep in touch with me, and I'll call you if necessary. Think of this as an internship, you do good here, it'll open up doors for you. I mean who knows, might even get you a spot with the big boys!" Nemo would say, bowing as he disappeared from sight

When he reappeared at the LION base above DOughboy's city, he knocked on Dr. White's door. "You know, I think I picked a few good candidates for this program. I mean Justice was the obvious star but this Poundmax kid is a nice surprise. He's dutiful and obviously down for the cause, am I right?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
"No problem kid, wanting to figure this stuff out the way you do means you like to take charge, you've got initiative. I see a bright future for you, a bright future in blue" Nemo would tell Doughboy. "Now the usual route to take you home? Nemo Express?"
"Well there's always American Airlines but then you gotta pay for that" Nemo would say as Doughboy found himself down the street from his house. "Well kid, this is where we part ways for now. You keep in touch with me, and I'll call you if necessary. Think of this as an internship, you do good here, it'll open up doors for you. I mean who knows, might even get you a spot with the big boys!" Nemo would say, bowing as he disappeared from sight

When he reappeared at the LION base above DOughboy's city, he knocked on Dr. White's door. "You know, I think I picked a few good candidates for this program. I mean Justice was the obvious star but this Poundmax kid is a nice surprise. He's dutiful and obviously down for the cause, am I right?"

Teddy looked at his bag again. "This is gonna be an adventure." He smiled.

"Yeah, the kids are coming out of the woodwork these days. A good batch too: Siphon helped save a city and is working to redeem former criminals, the Halworth students teamed up with Justice's team to bring down Atomix, there's a promising speedster in Ascension and even hear there's a psychic in Exodus City."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"Yeah, the kids are coming out of the woodwork these days. A good batch too: Siphon helped save a city and is working to redeem former criminals, the Halworth students teamed up with Justice's team to bring down Atomix, there's a promising speedster in Ascension and even hear there's a psychic in Exodus City."
"seriously, these super types are popping up younger and younger, just glad it's a good batch of GOOD kid for the most part you know? I always feel weird having to take down the teen renegades and villains, just doesn't sit right with me. I've been hearing about the speedster in Ascension and thought about leaving that for Jet, and as for Exodus ain't that Song's territory? If it's not I'll TOTALLY take that job, I'm great with kids, I mean look at me" Nemo would say, pointing at himself in pride

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"seriously, these super types are popping up younger and younger, just glad it's a good batch of GOOD kid for the most part you know? I always feel weird having to take down the teen renegades and villains, just doesn't sit right with me. I've been hearing about the speedster in Ascension and thought about leaving that for Jet, and as for Exodus ain't that Song's territory? If it's not I'll TOTALLY take that job, I'm great with kids, I mean look at me" Nemo would say,  pointing at himself in pride

"I think Song's working a case in Twilight City right now. He's working with Gryphon to uncover the truth of the Angel. I do agree though that we lucked that they're all good kids. Jet would fit in nicely in Ascension."

more_horiz
Nemo shivered at the mention of the angel. He never really liked supernatural cases,.

"Yeah even with the little I've seen of the Exodus kids and the Ascension one, I feel like we're in good shape. Blindspot even told me about some Psyker named Omega or something, got a lead on those CHAOS bioengineering things. Speaking of CHAOS though, for once i'm glad they live up to their name, I mean what if they were a bit more orderly and tried their own recruitment plan instead of what they're doing now? I'm glad mot of these younger villains are just angry or disorganized kids really. Justice and his crew really helped us by taking Atomix out of power. Imagine if he was able to mobilize a whole nation of angry superpowered kids anywhere he wanted?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Nemo shivered at the mention of the angel. He never really liked supernatural cases,.

"Yeah even with the little I've seen of the Exodus kids and the Ascension one, I feel like we're in good shape. Blindspot even told me about some Psyker named Omega or something, got a lead on those CHAOS bioengineering things. Speaking of CHAOS though, for once i'm glad they live up to their name, I mean what if they were a bit more orderly and tried their own recruitment plan instead of what they're doing now? I'm glad mot of these younger villains are just angry or disorganized kids really. Justice and his crew really helped us by taking Atomix out of power. Imagine if he was able to mobilize a whole nation of angry superpowered kids anywhere he wanted?"

"That is not something I want to think about." White said. "Really, it's just as well that the kids stopped him and Apex early. If they had the chance to really get going they would have been a serious problem. That reminds me. We did some digging and it turns out that, on top of helping with the repairs of Rivington, Aurelius found Apex's kid sister and has adopted her. We don't know for sure if she has powers yet." He pulled out a file. "Now...Omega, let's see...yeah, the biker kid right?"

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"That is not something I want to think about." White said. "Really, it's just as well that the kids stopped him and Apex early. If they had the chance to really get going they would have been a serious problem. That reminds me. We did some digging and it turns out that, on top of helping with the repairs of Rivington, Aurelius found Apex's kid sister and has adopted her. We don't know for sure if she has powers yet." He pulled out a file. "Now...Omega, let's see...yeah, the biker kid right?"
Nemo grimaced at the mention of Aurelius. Dude was brilliant, but seriously twisted. Apex's kid sister? The #)# was she at? He made a mental note to talk to White about visiting Apex's cell, preferably with Sophia if she wasn't busy.

"Yeah biker kid, got some serious psi-talent. Blindspot said he snuffed out a possible bomb threat. I got his statement right here' he'd say, pulling out the same device Blindspot recorded the kid's statement with, letting the record play

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Nemo grimaced at the mention of Aurelius. Dude was brilliant, but seriously twisted. Apex's kid sister? The #)# was she at? He made a mental note to talk to White about visiting Apex's cell, preferably with Sophia if she wasn't busy.

"Yeah biker kid, got some serious psi-talent. Blindspot said he snuffed out a possible bomb threat. I got his statement right here' he'd say, pulling out the same device Blindspot recorded the kid's statement with, letting the record play

White laughed. "His first day on the job and he runs into something like that. Still, that's good. I'll take a look at the bomb kid."

more_horiz
"Sounds good, the bomb kid threat is actually in the lower labs of the ship, you should be able to catch him man. I'm going to shower and get ready for the next round of duty" Nemo would say, disappearing out of the lab

more_horiz

OT: The next adventure takes place a few days after the whole Atomix battle.

IC:
Previously, the measurement of geometric phases in solids could only be carried out indirectly, and required a filled energy band for the measurement. With this new method, only single particles are required. These need to be transported gently through the energy band such that they can explore the underlying quantum geometry of the crystal. Eugene Demler and his team also pointed out simple generalizations of this scheme to higher dimensions or even problems including many interacting particles. "This new measurement scheme establishes a new general approach for studying the topological structure of Bloch bands in solids," points out Immanuel Bloch. The new experimental probes might thus lead to the discovery of novel topological phases of quantum matter with unique properties that may be useful for practical applications.
http://phys.org/news/2013-11-quantum-geometry-crystal.html

"Jeeze, this is some amazing stuff." Teddy said to himself as he read one of the books.

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

IC:
Previously, the measurement of geometric phases in solids could only be carried out indirectly, and required a filled energy band for the measurement. With this new method, only single particles are required. These need to be transported gently through the energy band such that they can explore the underlying quantum geometry of the crystal. Eugene Demler and his team also pointed out simple generalizations of this scheme to higher dimensions or even problems including many interacting particles. "This new measurement scheme establishes a new general approach for studying the topological structure of Bloch bands in solids," points out Immanuel Bloch. The new experimental probes might thus lead to the discovery of novel topological phases of quantum matter with unique properties that may be useful for practical applications.

"Jeeze, this is some amazing stuff." Teddy said to himself as he read one of the books.
"I'm not gonna lie, the fact that you're reading these already is impressing me kid, seriously" Nemo would say, appearing behind Teddy's door, a finger to his lips

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

IC:

"I'm not gonna lie, the fact that you're reading these already is impressing me kid, seriously" Nemo would say, appearing behind Teddy's door, a finger to his lips

"Yeah, this is incredible stuff." Teddy said.

Josh, Teddy's brother, walked in. "Wha....oh, Nemo....when did you get here?"
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Nathen-Sky-Referance-309334653

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

IC:

"Just now, just now Josh. Your parents in? If so, I'll prob head to the door, but I was hoping to just speak to Teddy real quick"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:

IC:

"Just now, just now Josh. Your parents in? If so, I'll prob head to the door, but I was hoping to just speak to Teddy real quick"

"Mom's out mountain climbing and dad is at the gym, he's got a boxing match with Maximilian in about 6 weeks." Josh said. "I'll get you guys some coffee."

"Just a soda for me if that's alright bro."

"Got it."

more_horiz
"Coffee sounds nice Josh, thanks kid" he'd tell him, watching as Josh left the room.

"Now, sorry to pry you away from your reading but I figured I would try and get two for one here by talking to your parents about a special study course-working with me-as an internship, and get your thoughts on it. Now, you wouldn't miss school or anything but it'd be like the team function you took part in on Haven. if something comes up and I feel you can handle it, or I get a bead on someone in your city, you'll get out of class, no problems. Now, reason I offer this is since you're already interested in agent status, and you've apparently got the top grades in your district, top five in the state. Add your powers to that and you're an ideal recruit, so whaddya say?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
"Coffee sounds nice Josh, thanks kid" he'd tell him, watching as Josh left the room.

"Now, sorry to pry you away from your reading but I figured I would try and get two for one here by talking to your parents about a special study course-working with me-as an internship, and get your thoughts on it. Now, you wouldn't miss school or anything but it'd be like the team function you took part in on Haven. if something comes up and I feel you can handle it, or I get a bead on someone in your city, you'll get out of class, no problems. Now, reason I offer this is since you're already interested in agent status, and you've apparently got the top grades in your district, top five in the state. Add your powers to that and you're an ideal recruit, so whaddya say?"

"I'm in." Teddy smiled. "Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Nemo nodded. "Good, well take this" he'd say, reaching into his pocket and pulling out what appeared to be a gold wristwatch.

"It's a transmitter, it'll let you know when I got an assignment for you and give you directions on where to go so I can pick you up, got it?" he'd ask

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Nemo nodded. "Good, well take this" he'd say, reaching into his pocket and pulling out what appeared to be a gold wristwatch.

"It's a transmitter, it'll let you know when I got an assignment for you and give you directions on where to go so I can pick you up, got it?" he'd ask

"Holy cow this thing is awesome...thanks Nemo."

Josh moonwalked into the room with the drinks.

"..I didn't know you could do that."

"I figured it out around the time you guys were beating up Atomix....and speaking of whom, what was he like?"

"In person?"

"Yeah."

"..Pretty much what you would expect."

"A tool?"

"A tool."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"I figured it out around the time you guys were beating up Atomix....and speaking of whom, what was he like?"

"In person?"

"Yeah."

"A tool?"

"A tool."
"He was a respected man once, but he went over the edge. Atomix represents what a lot of people fear about superhumans; if they decide enough, who's gonna tell them besides other superhumans? It's part of the reason LION is in such demand nowadays. Some kid can make earthquakes with his power and decides he doesn't want to go to school. A girl with nervous system manipulation gets embarrassed at prom, then has her tormentors throw themselves into traffic. An alarming number of children are getting powers nowadays and are aimless, Atomix saw that. He felt like these kids would be great to mold into his own personal army. Tool he may be, he was a dangerous one, and one that I'm glad could be cleared off the table before any diplomatic red tape came into play and I am sorry I just completely rambled to you kids about this" Nemo would say, holding his drink, then sipping. "Good stuff"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:

"In person?"

"Yeah."

"A tool?"

"A tool."
"He was a respected man once, but he went over the edge. Atomix represents what a lot of people fear about superhumans; if they decide enough, who's gonna tell them besides other superhumans? It's part of the reason LION is in such demand nowadays. Some kid can make earthquakes with his power and decides he doesn't want to go to school. A girl with nervous system manipulation gets embarrassed at prom, then has her tormentors throw themselves into traffic. An alarming number of children are getting powers nowadays and are aimless, Atomix saw that. He felt like these kids would be great to mold into his own personal army. Tool he may be, he was a dangerous one, and one that I'm glad could be cleared off the table before any diplomatic red tape came into play and I am sorry I just completely rambled to you kids about this" Nemo would say, holding his drink, then sipping. "Good stuff"

"Thanks. I saw my mom make it once and I've gotten really good at it myself."

more_horiz
"Quick learner there Josh" Nemo would say as he polished his drink off. "Well before I go, are any of your classmates missing or acting weird?"

more_horiz
Froggy wrote:
"Quick learner there Josh" Nemo would say as he polished his drink off. "Well before I go, are any of your classmates missing or acting weird?"

"Well....there was this one guy in chemistry." Teddy said. "He had a lot of chemicals and I don't think all of them were part of the class."

more_horiz
Admin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
"Well....there was this one guy in chemistry." Teddy said. "He had a lot of chemicals and I don't think all of them were part of the class."
"You recognize any of the chemicals? If I were to come to your class, would he be easy to spot?" Nemo asked, his attention turning from Josh back to Teddy

more_horiz

OT: I think I know what I want Josh's power to turn out to be now.
Adoptive Muscle Memory
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Adoptive_Muscle_Memory

more_horiz
Admin wrote:

OT: I think I know what I want Josh's power to turn out to be now.
Adoptive Muscle Memory
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Adoptive_Muscle_Memory
OT: he's gonna have a trigger event int he gym >_>

"So, we got a possible mad genius on our hands or a chemical expert?"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply